Author Topic: Snoop Dogg Announces Doggystyle 2  (Read 7436 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Snoop Dogg Announces Doggystyle 2
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 03:02:19 AM »
swizz beats & doggystyle 2, sounds like a bad joke.

Could only work if the following was done -

Have all the same MCs on it (Rage, RBX, etc.)
Take the same amount of time to make sure it's just bangers (how long did Doggystyle take? like 1-2 years? I remember Snoop complaining it took ages at the time)
Have one producer do the whole record to make sure it all sounds coherent
If it's Dre producing, get Daz and Warren in to co-produce and all the original session musicians
Base it around big, dope funk samples, replayed
Get the same people who did the original art work
Give Snoop maybe 4-5 months to do nothing but practice freestyling and coming up with dope lyrics again, so he's at that level again
Have DOC do a bunch of rewrites and ghostwriting for it
Keep it the same number of tracks as Doggystyle

I always wanted to hear what Dre would have done with beats if he's been around to produce the Doggfather album... like imagine Doggystyle quality, but with a mafioso, Italian-strings sort of theme for Doggfather, would have been crazy

Though I could picture a Doggystyle 2 with another producer like Primo or like the Bomb Squad... to give it a coherent overall feel, but different flavor to Doggystyle

Of course probably none of the above will happen, but I'd be happy with another Blue Carpet Treatment level album

doggystyle was rushed actually

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 05:21:54 AM »
The only way Snoop could redue or come close to the 1st Doggystyle would be to have nothing but DAT NIGGA DAZ AN SOOPAFLY ON PRODUCTION! THAT 100WAYS Album has a lot of the Chronic type sounds on it that shit is bangin! Anyways yeh Daz an Fly on production and then I would say nothing but
dAZ, kURUPT, Soopafly, Lady of Rage, RBX, even the TWINZ, bAD aZZ, maybe Technic, Lil CStyle, Warren G, nATE dOgg,  nothing but DPG members!

Snoop if your readin this homie Im tellin you right now not that Swizz bEats is a shitty producer but if your gonna be doin a Doggystyle prt 2 you better
play close attention to artists that try to repeat there original albums or even movies that try to re-due the old ones like lets say Karate Kid thats a classic movie you cant touch it and Will Smith put out a karate kid 2 and fucked it all up! hahha so Snoop better keep your DPG fam on this project and listen to your real fans cuzz if you come out with something wack your true fans will be disappointed, swizz beats is wack you heard the tracks he did for daz an kurupt they sounded like shit. its dpg producers on dpg camp thats the formula bottom line!

Trip Dee

« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 05:33:02 AM »
so wait, is this 'female friendly' album gonna be called Doggystyle 2, or is it a different project? i think dre should produce that entire album and than he can retire or whatever tha fuck, i don't think anyone would be mad if he scrap detox for this. i wouldn't be...

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2010, 06:09:12 AM »
Was anyone feelin world war song wit jada, snoop, n face?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2010, 07:06:33 AM »

Snoop/Kanye/Swizz/Mike Dean

with the heat Kanye putting out, would like to see some Kanye tracks on the album
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2010, 08:15:17 AM »
doggfather, no limit td, last meal, or blue carpet treatment get largely written off even though they are quite good because they're not doggystyle. with the doggystyle name the standards are going to be even higher and realistically they aint gonna be met. on the other hand though snoop is falling in a rut with his classic era fans more unsatisfied then ever and hes loosing steam as a mainstream artist as well. i guess it could help him get his head right maybe.

theres no way in hell though hes gonna bring in all the death row inmates hes past that. i think swizz beats being a part of the album makes that obvious. which i really dont see how anybody can look on the bright side with him producing his beats are usually ass. i dont think dre is currently apart of it because cube said hes awol even to snoop but i would bet money hes gonna have a nice chunk of it still.

^oh and janelle monaes the fucking best. i love her shit so much archandroid already in my all time top 10 albums haha

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2010, 08:35:50 AM »
Just read this:

Snoop Dogg is in a "let's do it again" type of mood.

The rapper announced plans to work with Katy Perry again after the pair's "California Gurls" collaboration shot to the top of the iTunes singles chart this week. (Perry's album, Teenage Dream, also hit #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart this week.)

"We're trying to get together and do something on my new album ... so [I'm] definitely in contact with her," Snoop told OK! magazine about Perry. "She's a sweet girl and I had fun making the record with her. Like I said, I'm looking forward to her being on my record as well."

The album in question is Doggystyle 2: The Doggumentary

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2010, 08:50:34 AM »
Just read this:

Snoop Dogg is in a "let's do it again" type of mood.

The rapper announced plans to work with Katy Perry again after the pair's "California Gurls" collaboration shot to the top of the iTunes singles chart this week. (Perry's album, Teenage Dream, also hit #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart this week.)

"We're trying to get together and do something on my new album ... so [I'm] definitely in contact with her," Snoop told OK! magazine about Perry. "She's a sweet girl and I had fun making the record with her. Like I said, I'm looking forward to her being on my record as well."

The album in question is Doggystyle 2: The Doggumentary

gangsta classic confirmed

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2010, 09:06:10 AM »
Dr.Dre working with Justin Bieber, Snoop prostituting himself to whoever is hot. Gangsta rap just isn't the same anymore...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2010, 09:17:19 AM »
Long beach...how is that gangsta classic? She the only one sellin so he jumps on her tail 2 b number 1? Lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »
Please Snoop... let it be....  :-\
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
LOLOL, I still can't get over how big of a joke this is.

He just released his worst album of his career; now instead of Dre, he has Swizz Beatz; this is the worst idea in history lmfao.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »
Long beach...how is that gangsta classic? She the only one sellin so he jumps on her tail 2 b number 1? Lol

people going to be surprised how dope this album is, possibly better then BCT

Jimmy H.

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »
people going to be surprised how dope this album is, possibly better then BCT
First off, how do you know how good or bad it's going to be? Secondly, I don't consider "Blue Carpet Treatment" one of the highlights of Snoop's career. Yes, it's got 3 songs produced by Dre. Guest spots by Ice Cube, E-40, Nate Dogg, The Game, MC Eiht, The Dogg Pound, and so on and so forth. I enjoy the album and it's not wack by any means but I can't think of one classic track on there off the top of my head.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
How dope was bct tho?
Cube