Author Topic: Dubcnn: Ice Cube - I Am The West (18min Album Sampler) (Audio)  (Read 2792 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Dubcnn: Ice Cube - I Am The West (18min Album Sampler) (Audio)
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 03:49:57 PM »
LOL@ people not knowing who T.Mix is but act like they're a knowitall (especially in 2o1o).  and a double LOL at the same people and then some who said that anybody from the South (which is sounding STUPIDER AND STUPIDER by the day, not even talking about "what's in" or whatever y'all politic about) being on this "I Am The West" album and then saying T.Mix has 1 of the best tracks on there.  That's why I never even give y'all the time of day anymore.  I see that's it's only White people who do this.  Black people are totally different when it comes to discussing music, Hispanics just don't even count IMO, but they are more or less like Black people anyway.

T.Mix produced "Hustler Muzik" by Lil' Wayne by tha way.  Just thought I should throw that out there since White People hate everything about Southern Black People except wats excepted by White People in the mainstream or some Blacks in the Underground.

I be seein why White Men back in the day who ran the Congress and such never really listened to Black people except a chosen few besides the blatant racism, it's bcuz when it comes to certain groups of people (for this 1 for HipHop it would be race), they just don't know shit.  I ain't saying all of the little black kids know, but they do KNOW who Lil' Wayne is and I'm sure have heard the song "Hustler Muzik" and they probably do know about 8Ball & MJG (most likely their older music).  Shit just pisses me off yo lol foreal.

[T.Mix & The Suave House were on point back in the day]
("The First Episode" came out before "Tha Next Episode" in 1993  ;), just felt like puttin that out there lol)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 04:12:32 PM by 0N3 5o- »

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 04:44:45 PM »
Everyone who aint black hate black people radiotube...lol
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
Everyone who aint black hate black people radiotube...lol

honestly, i really do hate when u talk 2 me.

westside159

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 08:30:08 PM »
hood robbin , no country for young men , your money or your life , bumpin beat on  nothin like L.A , all day every day ,

good shit cube  8) 8)

there are a couple songs i dont like tho

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 08:32:05 PM »
Cube got about 2 good albums left in him (maybe 3 if done right).  Some of this sounds good tho (it's kinda refreshing actually).  If I was in that camp I woulda told Cube 2 bring out tha WestCoast allstars on this 1.  Like that 1 song sounds like Bad Azz on tha hook but it ain't, really he should've put tha REAL Bad Azz on there.  It sounds better than Raw Footage & LNCL, his flow alone shits on those 2 albums and when's the last time somebody said something good about Ice Cube's flow lol.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 08:51:06 PM by 0N3 5o- »

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »
Hell nah...raw footage & lncl>>>iatw based off that sampler...someone from the south says a southern soundin album is good but other 2 aint
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 11:14:14 PM »
i am the west SAMPLER >>> raw footage and lncl combined..

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »
the overall production sounds VERY generic again ... Raw Footage part 2 .. some songs sound horrible

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2010, 07:42:08 AM »
The best songs sound like they're going to be Hood Robbin and Nothing Like L.A.

Hood Robbin sounds like it may be the only substantive song  :'(  I'm in my late 20s.  I want to hear rappers rap about real shi*t at this point in my life.  Don't get me wrong, I love the old gangsta sh*t classics, but if I wanted to hear that, I'd listen to those classics.  I think a lot of the new West sound is just generic and cliched and filled with random rhymes.  Some of the songs on here sound like Cube just was rhyming random sentences together.  Why does Kurupt get hated on for doing this but Cube doesn't?

Nothin Like L.A. is the OLD West coast sound that I love (G-funk), not the 2000s Westcoast sound that the rest of the songs have, which is kind of generic and boring at this point.  It doesn't help that the production doesn't use live instrumentation.  It sounds cheap and made on a computer.  Having said all of that, there are some other songs that sound good within that new-West framework, such as the Sir Jinx one and Too Westcoast.

Overall, it's what I would expect from Cube at this point in his career.  A couple noteworthy songs and a lot of skippers.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:54:42 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2010, 09:31:38 AM »
based off the sampler it's definitely better then Raw footage

he NEEDS to rid of these wack south tracks
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2010, 10:51:52 AM »
sampler sounds dope, with except for like 2 tracks.. but it will pass..

some funny ppl in here cryin that 'no dj quick beats in here!!'.. its similar to 'detox isnt goin to be a west coast record! aaa!'

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
I didnt check the sampler, im gunna wait for the album. But from what Iv heard it sounds like itll be good.  Fuck if it sounds 'south', Cube's last 2 albums were dope even with some 'south' influenced shit

+1 0N3 5o- for lettin em know about T-Mixx so i didnt have to! haha 

He's worked with Scarface too, he had some dope beats on "Like Father, Like Son", he can make Birdman listenable

dameons

« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2010, 04:29:24 PM »
Cube being a jew here..Not wanting to pay for samples so he is using these cliche' keyboard riffs ..He blew it. He needs to put an album out on someone else's dime so we can get a good Cube album. This album will have ZERO  replay value , guaranteed ..westcoast veterans are choking  this year  ( e-40 blew it the worst )....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2010, 07:11:25 PM »
E40 blew it the worst? Ur sayin 40s album was wack?
Cube

dameons

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2010, 08:06:21 PM »
40's album was mmmmmmmmmmaaaad weak.. way too many Hyphy - Jerk type beats .." Everyday Is A Weekend " was the only keeper on that whole tracklist ..Far from good ..