Author Topic: Dubcnn: The HoodStarz Prep Star-Studded "Controversy" Album For Oct. 5th  (Read 92 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

www.dubcnn.com

The trials and tribulations of growing up in tough neighborhoods have been expressed time and time again by artists through dark stories in their music, while some artists escape the seriousness of their daily lives through abstract, poetic or even comedic lyrics.

Through a series of personal and business interactions, Bay Area natives Band-Aide and Scoot Dogg came together for their 2005 debut as The HoodStarz with the ability to mesh street credible songwriting with witty, fun-laden lyrics.

Now in 2010, The HoodStarz (also known as Dem HoodStarz) are more focused than ever, with their current David Banner-produced single "Laughin" gaining momentum with fans. Banner recently added some lyrics to the track, and an official video is slated for release in September. As the duo nears the October 5th release date for their "Controversy" album on Lawless Records, they are putting the finishing touches on four more videos as well.

The Controversy project pulls together experiences that Band-Aide and Scoot have been through since their popular 2007 Bay Area All-Starz mixtape dropped... and a lot can happen in just three years!

"What we've been through, good and bad, has forced us to mature substantially," explains Scoot. "We know that we have grown a great deal, and fans will hear this in the subject matter and lyrics throughout this album."

In addition to critically acclaimed producer/rapper David Banner, guest appearances on Controversy include Gucci Mane, Red Cafe, E-40, Glasses Malone, Messy Marv, Selau and Big Rich.

"This is no regular street album," Band-Aide asserts. "We really went into this project like a full-scale studio album - real songs, real features, real music. Controversy is something fans will be listening to years from now as a part of their favorite collection."

You can watch a trailer to the "Controversy" by clicking here.

Tracklist:

01. They Ain't Know
02. Always Yappin' ft. Messy Marv
03. I'm Cool
04. Focus On The Money
05. Hold Me Down ft. Selau
06. Laughin' ft. David Banner
07. It's So Real
08. Put The Hood On ft. Young Lott
09. Message
10. Come With Me
11. Officer Please ft. Silk-E
12. It Got Me
13. Ballin' ft. Red Cafe & Glasses Malone
14. Got A Problem ft. Gucci Mane & E-40
15. One Day ft. Big Rich & Selau
16. Live Illegal ft. Husalah
17. That's What I Am ft. G-Boyee

LONDON!!

Re: Dubcnn: The HoodStarz Prep Star-Studded "Controversy" Album For Oct. 5th
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 12:19:56 AM »
props, our look out for this
"get this money by any means nessassary"

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »
Good news!

btw: does someone have a cdq of "Ugghhh" remix ft. E-40 & Too $hort which is not edited?
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 10:16:48 AM »
does someone have a cdq of "Ugghhh" remix ft. E-40 & Too $hort which is not edited?

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

LAPROMO

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 01:24:21 AM »
cam-capone already got a album called controversy out..
www.dubcnn.com

The trials and tribulations of growing up in tough neighborhoods have been expressed time and time again by artists through dark stories in their music, while some artists escape the seriousness of their daily lives through abstract, poetic or even comedic lyrics.

Through a series of personal and business interactions, Bay Area natives Band-Aide and Scoot Dogg came together for their 2005 debut as The HoodStarz with the ability to mesh street credible songwriting with witty, fun-laden lyrics.

Now in 2010, The HoodStarz (also known as Dem HoodStarz) are more focused than ever, with their current David Banner-produced single "Laughin" gaining momentum with fans. Banner recently added some lyrics to the track, and an official video is slated for release in September. As the duo nears the October 5th release date for their "Controversy" album on Lawless Records, they are putting the finishing touches on four more videos as well.

The Controversy project pulls together experiences that Band-Aide and Scoot have been through since their popular 2007 Bay Area All-Starz mixtape dropped... and a lot can happen in just three years!

"What we've been through, good and bad, has forced us to mature substantially," explains Scoot. "We know that we have grown a great deal, and fans will hear this in the subject matter and lyrics throughout this album."

In addition to critically acclaimed producer/rapper David Banner, guest appearances on Controversy include Gucci Mane, Red Cafe, E-40, Glasses Malone, Messy Marv, Selau and Big Rich.

"This is no regular street album," Band-Aide asserts. "We really went into this project like a full-scale studio album - real songs, real features, real music. Controversy is something fans will be listening to years from now as a part of their favorite collection."

You can watch a trailer to the "Controversy" by clicking here.

Tracklist:

01. They Ain't Know
02. Always Yappin' ft. Messy Marv
03. I'm Cool
04. Focus On The Money
05. Hold Me Down ft. Selau
06. Laughin' ft. David Banner
07. It's So Real
08. Put The Hood On ft. Young Lott
09. Message
10. Come With Me
11. Officer Please ft. Silk-E