Author Topic: Why White People (even in 2o1o) Still Don't Get/Know Hip Hop and never will  (Read 9677 times)

bez

Re: Why White People (even in 2o1o) Still Don't Get/Know Hip Hop and never will
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2010, 03:34:49 AM »
Lol at the black person always being suppressed by the white man. Give Martin Luther a call or some shit cos nobody else wants to hear that 1960s bullshit.

Sikotic™

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2010, 09:35:25 AM »
Lol at the black person always being suppressed by the white man. Give Martin Luther a call or some shit cos nobody else wants to hear that 1960s bullshit.
I've tried, but it always goes to voice mail. Weird.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2010, 12:33:17 PM »
lol, i really dont give a how horrible your areas living conditions are, that doesnt give you a degree from the streets. i never boasted about seeing some bullshit
youll never had to make as hard decisions as i had to in your fucking life.

lmao

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2010, 02:12:22 PM »

David G Tanner

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2010, 07:38:18 PM »
Euro unicycles piss me off.

Sparegeez

« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »
That's some real ass shit. Funny how nobody even responded with an argument but with some immature typical retarded shit. fucking clowns. That's why I don't even go on here anymore, you mothafuckas are pathetic

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »
So anyway, white people can't understand Hip Hop because they "don't live it".

So if a white guy grows up in the hood & struggles worse than any other black guy in that hood, his opinion on Hip Hop is irrelevant?

That's straight up ignorance; Blacks fought for equality for years & then when you get it, you go and try to make differences again. At least make your argument based on your experience, not your race; what does it matter if you're black, white or asain if you're experiencing the same shit?

But regardless, even experience doesn't mean anything either; smh @ you acting like rappers have such complex stories that are impossible to understand if you haven't lived it. You make it seem like white people don't understand what's being said.

I think you're just mad that most of your favorite (terrible) artists get shitted on, on a daily basis from white people because a majority of white Hip Hop listeners are "elitists".

Anunikke

« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2010, 11:36:02 AM »

So if a white guy grows up in the hood & struggles worse than any other black guy in that hood, his opinion on Hip Hop is irrelevant?

That's straight up ignorance; Blacks fought for equality for years & then when you get it, you go and try to make differences again. At least make your argument based on your experience, not your race; what does it matter if you're black, white or asain if you're experiencing the same shit?

But regardless, even experience doesn't mean anything either; smh @ you acting like rappers have such complex stories that are impossible to understand if you haven't lived it. You make it seem like white people don't understand what's being said.

I think you're just mad that most of your favorite (terrible) artists get shitted on, on a daily basis from white people because a majority of white Hip Hop listeners are "elitists".
Now you're starting to sound like a wigger.
No offence.

Radiotube is just trying to compensate for his lack of skill & knowledge by claiming to be a higher authority on hip-hop because of his ethnicity.

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »
Radiotube is just trying to compensate for his lack of skill & knowledge by claiming to be a higher authority on hip-hop because of his ethnicity.

pretty much sums it up

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2010, 01:19:29 PM »

Now you're starting to sound like a wigger.
No offence.

How so? I'm not claiming to have experienced anything or associate myself like I'm "trust me, I can relate". I can't relate to anyone besides maybe Mac Miller lol, but it doesn't mean I can't understand what Crooked I or Tupac were rapping about; it makes sense. It's not written in some hood code that only those who lived can decypher.

A wigger would sound like "Son, I'm white & I deal wifff more shyt den you, nigga. I feel diz muzik as much, I undastan it more den you" or something of that nature lol.

But I do agree with the last part of what you just said. That's true.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2010, 01:25:30 PM »
White people "GOT" hip-hop in 1986 when Beastie Boys released Licensed To Ill. Its funny how some black people are ignorant and racist enough to think a music type is just for them. The name Rick Rubin should be enough for most literate people to know white people GOT hip-hop.

Fucking idiots.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »
I don't think King would wanna pick up call during his after life.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
white folks kill me on this site,i always trip off that shit on here, and some of you think alot of white folks are not racist and very ignorant to the facts of the struggle, just listen to the shit you like and roll, and who thinks music is just for us? hell i'll listen to some crazy grind core but i don't have to be down with hitler to dig it. but all that call martin luther king bullshit muthafuccas be talking save that shit, and anybody with a got damn brain know white folks was jammin to hip hop when the beastie's was some punks, my thing is if you never lived it stop trying to fucc'n explain it to people who have/still do. It's like me listening to country music,if i was to explain what those people lives was like i'd be a damn fool,i just listen to the music i like and roll it's that simple yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2010, 04:15:55 PM »
white folks kill me on this site,i always trip off that shit on here, and some of you think alot of white folks are not racist and very ignorant to the facts of the struggle, just listen to the shit you like and roll, and who thinks music is just for us? hell i'll listen to some crazy grind core but i don't have to be down with hitler to dig it. but all that call martin luther king bullshit muthafuccas be talking save that shit, and anybody with a got damn brain know white folks was jammin to hip hop when the beastie's was some punks, my thing is if you never lived it stop trying to fucc'n explain it to people who have/still do. It's like me listening to country music,if i was to explain what those people lives was like i'd be a damn fool,i just listen to the music i like and roll it's that simple yell

Funny though, considering 90% of the people who rap about it, who you're telling us we cannot relate to, have never lived it either lol.

Getting away with murder & firing guns is no easy feat to get around & get away with; you mean to tell me with the hundred of artists that claim to have either fired a gun or kill someone have actually done it & all got away with it? Please.

The OP made reference to white people talking about Soulja Boy, what song does he have out that is about the streets that white people can't explain? "Kiss Me Thru the Phone"? Alright, I can't explain why he spelled "through" that way lol, but as far as the song goes, it doesn't take your average homeboy to understand that.

How does no one understand (I know some of you do) how BEYOND ignorant this is? For example, a song about drug dealing. Alright, you experienced it, you "understand it". But I'm not mentally challenged, I completely understand what drug dealing is, how it goes down, how people have territories & gangs control certain areas. I got it all down. So what part of that generic song about drug dealing do you understand more than me? Nothing at all.

Hip Hop is a form of music, how can you deny someone to following it as closely as you because "you live it"? What if you were a young black kid in Atlanta & you loved Hockey, you followed it, couldn't really play it, but you were OBESSESED with the sport; knew enough to be a professional analyst if you really wanted to & you took a trip to Canada & when you met a white guy who said "your opinion is irrelevant because you're not from around here & don't play it on a regular basis".  You'd be like wtf, I know more than you.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2010, 05:57:45 PM »
Radiotube shouldn't be speaking on knowing/getting hip hop to begin with. I remember a year ago when he knew absolute jack about any artist pre-2000 and he thought Gucci Mane was the GOAT. Some of the shit he was saying back then blows the mind. And now that he's soaked some game up by hanging around here he's acting like some kind of hip hop authority. In the words of ODB, Nigga please.