Author Topic: So a tape of 9 early Death Row demos leaked recently and none of ya'll noticed?  (Read 3600 times)

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
I'd like to know the story behind this tape too. The guy from the TROY blog claims he got it from a tape trader... the tape sounds like it was recorded during the doggystyle sessions. At first I wanted to guess that it was a very early version of Doggystyle - but then why would it have Puffin On Blunts and G Thang Jam? My guess is that someone threw together everything rare they had around early 93, pressed up a bunch of tapes, and started selling them. I have a feeling that the low quality version of Doggystyle (the song) that was floating around for so many years was from this tape, because it sounds so similar. that's really the best guess that I have.

From what i understand there's a ton of unreleased death row material from the 91-93 period - and that material is virtually unleaked. Unlike the 94-97 material - a ton of which has leaked.
It would be really cool if Wide Awake would just set up an online store and put all of this shit out there... but unfortunately they've been really stingy in terms of releasing material that is actually unleaked...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:27:08 PM by anash50 »

StevenQBosell

Is it just me, or does Nigga Named Dave / Poor Young Dave sample the drums from schooly d's "PSK (what does it mean)"?

Fonky Fresh

You found a real gem here, props for posting
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Young Dan Iza

Is it just me, or does Nigga Named Dave / Poor Young Dave sample the drums from schooly d's "PSK (what does it mean)"?

it def does

Young Dan Iza

I'd like to know the story behind this tape too. The guy from the TROY blog claims he got it from a tape trader... the tape sounds like it was recorded during the doggystyle sessions. At first I wanted to guess that it was a very early version of Doggystyle - but then why would it have Puffin On Blunts and G Thang Jam? My guess is that someone threw together everything rare they had around early 93, pressed up a bunch of tapes, and started selling them. I have a feeling that the low quality version of Doggystyle (the song) that was floating around for so many years was from this tape, because it sounds so similar. that's really the best guess that I have.

From what i understand there's a ton of unreleased death row material from the 91-93 period - and that material is virtually unleaked. Unlike the 94-97 material - a ton of which has leaked.

good points man!  this was an amazing leak, niggaz don't give a fuck remix is def. my favorite from this tape and it also is prolly the one thats in the best quality too!  its weird one what songs were included from this,  i wish i knew more about who the trader was, i guaranteed theres tapes like this sitting around in someones basement collecting dust that contain alot more unreleased shit including ho hopper and tha next episode.

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Thanks for this!

~Loyalty Is Everything~

arubiano83

thanks man !!!!

kuruptDPG

the remix to niggaz dont give has made my day  8)

Will_B

Been playing this all day at work on my MP3 ;D

Notice on Moms are Cryin Snoop's talkin bout a Fool Named Mick like the CPO track Foo Nay Mic.

Why wasn't Murder Was the Case a double album!

P.S. who thinks the Niggaz Don't Give a Fuck remix is actually the OG?

killakastro

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
man Daz n Kurupt r comming so hard on puffin on blunts.....that was when they were actualy dope...not that garbage shit htey drop nowadays....

bigpimpin20

Never heard that remix for Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck...uses two Bobby Womack tracks sampled by 50 and King T.
Do you know the name of that Bobby Womack track?

Macdaddy_93

• Lil Geezy
Dope Dope Dope!!! always happy to hear old death row songs.
"Now i'm the mack daddy, had he, not known about the city where I'm from, dum diddy dum"

Muhfukka

this is pretty cool but damn, some of you guys shit your pants over anythng with the name death row. i mean most of this shit isnt too special, and what the fuck is with the sexual harrassment song?

G-Funk

Never heard that remix for Niggaz Dont Give A Fuck...uses two Bobby Womack tracks sampled by 50 and King T.

It's called "Woman's Gotta Have It"

Digital Pimpin'

It's called "Woman's Gotta Have It"

Yeah, top track. 8)

The other one is You're Welcome To Stop On By -