Author Topic: Gangstarr delayed again, new info..  (Read 264 times)

Jome

Gangstarr delayed again, new info..
« on: December 17, 2002, 09:25:11 PM »
Gangstarr LP pushed back once again

The highly anticipated Gangstarr LP "The owners" got pushed back, from its tentative February 11th release date to a yet to be determined date in March. The album's almost complete, and will contain collaborations with Freddie Foxxx, Big Shug, Fat Joe, Jadakiss, M.O.P., Krumb Snatcha and Snoop Dogg.

hiphopgame.com

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Gangstarr delayed again, new info..
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2002, 05:24:54 AM »
Pushed back for another month, that sucks. Nice to see Snoop is featuring though. Hope it's worth the wait.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 12:23:56 PM »
Damn that's bad news, but as long as the album is tight I don't really mind waiting an extra month. Seems like a lot of guest appearances though, although it is good to see Freddie Foxxx and Big Shug on there, it's good that they haven't just gone out and got all the so called hottest rappers of the moment on there to boost sales.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 12:43:44 PM »
gangstarr sticking with their roots with freddy and big shug...this cd should be real nice, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 12:57:45 PM »
Dear God,
i know i ain't normally a praying man, but please, please, pleeeease, somehow get jadakiss off of there,
Amen
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 03:52:08 PM »
take jadakiss off? fuck him, take snoop off. snoop on a gangstarr album? as many famous rappers have said: wiggedy wack!
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2002, 12:06:09 AM »
OK, take em both off. Happy now?
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2002, 10:37:44 AM »
Pushed back for another month, that sucks. Nice to see Snoop is featuring though. Hope it's worth the wait.

gangstarr sticking with their roots with freddy and big shug...this cd should be real nice, peace.

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2002, 12:01:03 PM »
take jadakiss off? fuck him, take snoop off. snoop on a gangstarr album? as many famous rappers have said: wiggedy wack!

Why take Snoop off? He was nice over that Primo beat on PTCTBTB I thought. But yeah, I couldn't care less if they take Jada off  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2002, 04:15:29 PM »
gangstarr will come with some DOPE tracks, and snoop will just fuck everything up with his lazy ass flow. atleast jada will sound 1/2 way decent
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jome

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2002, 08:17:39 PM »
Nothing wrong with Jada, he sounds 5 times more grimey & hungry than Snoop does these days.
M.O.P....  ;D ;D ;D ;D
This gotta be dope.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2002, 04:24:19 AM »
Nothing wrong with Jada, he sounds 5 times more grimey & hungry than Snoop does these days.
M.O.P....  ;D ;D ;D ;D
This gotta be dope.

I've never been a big fan of Jada so it doesn't bother me either way 'cos it's only going to be one track (hopefully), same goes for Snoop for those who don't want him on there. IMO though, Snoop and Guru could bounce off eachother flow-wise, I mean Guru hasn't exactly got a hyper flow either, I think it'll turn out nice anyways, and like I said before Snoop did a good job on those Premo beats from PTCTBTB.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2002, 10:47:42 AM »
Yeah there is nothing wrong with Jadakiss, y'all trip on him, but I think he is a very dope rapper, who only managed to produce an average album. He will flow well over a Primo beat like he has done in the past (None of Y'all Betta, John Blaze Remix, the LOX song that Primo produced). Hopefully Snoop will only make a one verse appearance on the album, something along the lines of his rapping on The One and Only, and I really hope Primo doesn't go gimmicky on any tracks on this album like he did with that Batman and Robin beat.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2002, 10:57:01 AM »
Can you believe that it will be 5 years (when this drops) since the last Gang Starr album.  Moment Of Truth was released in March of 1998.  It's not like those two have been doing nothing, they have been working apart but 5 years is a long span between albums.  

(Full Clip only had 3 new cuts)