Author Topic: Why Did My Saudi Arabia Thread Get Locked Up????  (Read 749 times)

CWalker187

Why Did My Saudi Arabia Thread Get Locked Up????
« on: December 17, 2002, 04:28:54 PM »
Why did my Saudi Arabia thread get locked up? Why is it that some people can criticize American foreign policy, but I can't criticze Saudi culture? What is the difference?

Why can't we have open and free discussions on this board without moderators censoring views that they don't like?

This is why I need to be a moderator.....then there would be free speech for all.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Why Did My Saudi Arabia Thread Get Locked Up????
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 04:36:18 PM »
that is pretty hypocritical ...people diss everything there is out there abut america even to the point where an innocent movie (a british one at that) is dissed but when islam is critisized it's locked up
« Last Edit: December 17, 2002, 08:54:38 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 08:51:00 PM »
Of course.  Lets just continue the discussion right here, though.

CWalker had just made the excellent point that Hajabibis wouldn't be necessary to cover a woman's body, if the people in those societys were mature enough to see a woman as more than a body.  In america, sure, women are objectified, but, there are also members of society who treat women as equals, and they don't have to hide their body to not be treated as a sex object.  I think that's a great point.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 08:52:30 PM »
That's sad...I guess we should lock every post made by Infinite and Tech...PeACe

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2002, 08:55:54 PM »
No! You don't understand the game.  Every post they make is alright, since they're moderators.  Plus; any post that is pro islam is alright.  Any post that is anti-christian is alright, anti-american is alright, but if any post attacks a muslim, or a muslim country, it immediately should be locked up.  This is how overseer wants it, and it's his board.  Get with the program.  

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2002, 08:59:49 PM »
No! You don't understand the game.  Every post they make is alright, since they're moderators.  Plus; any post that is pro islam is alright.  Any post that is anti-christian is alright, anti-american is alright, but if any post attacks a muslim, or a muslim country, it immediately should be locked up.  This is how overseer wants it, and it's his board.  Get with the program.  

LoL...i can see...This board should be called "Train of Muslims"...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2002, 09:01:47 PM »
i know tech will say, "well c walker was dissing islam"

but what about all the times infinate disses christians, or the the other posts where tech said all the christians were fakes?

and i strongly believe that if they want woman to be less objectified they should abandon those wraps and reevaluate themselves....simple as that , and if a female military official has to 'wrap up' to respect the law of the land....then all those muslum woman who are sueing the DMV (lol this is a load of crap if i ever heard it) because they want to keep their headresses on when they take their license picture ...they should respect our law of seperating church from state.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2002, 09:04:03 PM »

LoL...i can see...This board should be called "Train of Muslims"...

lol true that all i know is that if trauma and sikotik were mods (renowned christians here) i DOUBT things would be this bias

CWalker187

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2002, 09:14:08 PM »

and i strongly believe that if they want woman to be less objectified they should abandon those wraps and reevaluate themselves....simple as that , and if a female military official has to 'wrap up' to respect the law of the land....then all those muslum woman who are sueing the DMV (lol this is a load of crap if i ever heard it) because they want to keep their headresses on when they take their license picture ...they should respect our law of seperating church from state.

Good point right here.

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 03:19:27 AM »
that is pretty hypocritical ...people diss everything there is out there abut america even to the point where an innocent movie (a british one at that) is dissed but when islam is critisized it's locked up

word!!
shits fucked up....I hope seer can do something about this  >:(

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 09:25:16 AM »
I didnt have a problem with the saudi arabia post, however there was a lot of dissing the country as being "backward".

When i first looked into the wearing of the hijab i was surprised to hear the women want to wear them. The men want them to wear them. So, I see no problem there.

CWalker made a good point to me that i havent had the chance to respond to. He said if thats the case muslim women should resect american law and not wear their hijabs. That would be a perfectly legit argument, but there is no law banning them.Saudi may have more obscure laws, but it is important people respect them while in that country. It's a culture thing. Gotta respect that.

Also, there is a huge amount of anti-muslim here. You claim theres loads of anti american sentiment, but in reality there is about two or three people who post on the "side" of the world, and nearly everyone posted above who is on the "side" of america. I think there is a lack of understanding on the american side, and on the "world" side there's a sense of fdespair that is sometimes leading to passionate un thought out statements.

Just to clarify, I am stronly opposed to american foreign policy, and i think al queda are cowardly bastards.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 10:51:37 AM »
its one thing to post articles....and im glad u do c walker cuz i enjoy debating the articles contents

but its another thing to totally trash our religion
if you will recall two things

1- i recently stated i would be more vigilante on attacks on religion and personal attacks. i made this promise like 2 weeks ago

2- c walker has already been warned by Seer for his comments

now as for infinite or any muslim on this board, if they attack a christain's religion I'll lock the shit up too, dont think i wont

and i never dissed christianity, i simply said that the christians on this board were fake...the way they acted.  It would be like yall saying all the muslims on this board arent honest. its not an attack on our religion

Hope this cleared it up
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2002, 10:52:55 AM »
furthermore, i sincerely hope you guys can differentiate between anti american foreign policy and anti Islam (or anti religion for that matter)

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2002, 10:09:04 PM »
and i never dissed christianity, i simply said that the christians on this board were fake...the way they acted.  It would be like yall saying all the muslims on this board arent honest. its not an attack on our religion

LOL saying that is pretty fucked up, IM surprised ppl didnt criticize U as much as ppl criticized me when I made anti-islamic statements...hmm wonder why?

Thats why we need more non-muslim mods, trauma would be tight but I guess thats not possible, we need a hindu moderator and a christian one too. Infinite has to be kicked off, and maybe Tech, mabe not...

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2002, 12:44:34 AM »

LOL saying that is pretty fucked up, IM surprised ppl didnt criticize U as much as ppl criticized me when I made anti-islamic statements...hmm wonder why

For one, i dont remember him saying it, lol.  That is messed up.  I find that very hypocritical of Tech, but maybe He's re-thought it.