Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 148937 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #540 on: March 02, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »
do you know how horrible the finals ratings are with SAS in it?  wasn't the Spurs Pistons hte lowest rated 7 game series ever or some shit?

Crazy cus that was one of the best finals series of all time lol. The Pistons crushed the Lakers the year before, and were amazing the year they played the Spurs in the finals.

The thing about the small market teams is that they just have to work that much harder, and be that much smarter with their drafts and FA pickups then the big market teams. Teams like LA, NY, Miami, etc will be able to draw big name talent just because of the city they are in. Even San Antonio who is the winningest franchise in sports over the last decade, still will have trouble competing for big name FA's because of their location. They lucked out getting Duncan since Robinson just happened to get injured the year before he came out and our record sucked.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #541 on: March 02, 2011, 10:25:03 AM »
I don't hear INDY fans complaining about football lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #542 on: March 02, 2011, 10:57:56 AM »

Football and Basketball are very different though when it comes to this shit. Basketball players are complete stars. One player can completely change a franchise more than any other major sport. Their agents are going to advise them to go to places like LA and NY to get even more media exposure and endorsement deals, etc.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #543 on: March 02, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »

Football and Basketball are very different though when it comes to this shit. Basketball players are complete stars. One player can completely change a franchise more than any other major sport. Their agents are going to advise them to go to places like LA and NY to get even more media exposure and endorsement deals, etc.
Plus football is a lot more popular than basketball, so owners get more money from league revenue making small market teams easier to support.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #544 on: March 02, 2011, 02:53:47 PM »
the only reason INDy can attract any free agents is PEYTON
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #545 on: March 02, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »
Can somebody inform me if NIK has a mental problem? This nigga telling me I'm not rooting for my team, when I CLEARLY state above "If the Sixers played the Heat in the first round, I'd root my heart out for them".

This nigga is talking about six years ago before this powerhouse team thing came to mind.

Then you wanna name all those teams "Dallas, OKC, etc.". You know how those teams will become powerhouses? If Chris Paul or Dwight Howard sign with them next year. ::)

Miami
New York
Chicago
LA

In two years, not a team in the NBA will be able to compete with any of these teams. Except maybe the Nets if they get Dwight.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #546 on: March 02, 2011, 05:40:31 PM »
Can somebody inform me if NIK has a mental problem?

this has been G SPOT knowledge for 10 years

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #547 on: March 02, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
Bibby officially claimed off waivers.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #548 on: March 02, 2011, 06:20:03 PM »
as if that makes them any better

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #549 on: March 02, 2011, 08:03:54 PM »

He's their best PG. He can play most of the game & when they need stops, they bring in the defensive minded Mario Chalmers.

He's going to get plenty of open looks like everybody else on the Heat not named LeBron, Dwayne or Chris. He's a veteran, been deep in the playoffs before. He doesn't make them unbeatable, but it's certainly an improvement.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #550 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »

He's their best PG. He can play most of the game & when they need stops, they bring in the defensive minded Mario Chalmers.

He's going to get plenty of open looks like everybody else on the Heat not named LeBron, Dwayne or Chris. He's a veteran, been deep in the playoffs before. He doesn't make them unbeatable, but it's certainly an improvement.

id trust Wade or Lebron with the ball before anyone else on that roster

Lebron the most if he chose to stop caring what his PPG was

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #551 on: March 03, 2011, 01:19:11 AM »

id trust Wade or Lebron with the ball before anyone else on that roster

Lebron the most if he chose to stop caring what his PPG was

bibby is a good complementary PG i was thinking of adding him in my better laker pg thread but its hard to decide whether hes an upgrade over fish or blake. not sure bibby would have the balls the things fisher someitmes does playing aside kobe, i mean if fisher did miss that layup with kg, big baby, and ray im not sure he'd get jawed at by phil or kobe, but if bibby or anyone else (excluding superstar pgs) he'd be in for it.

but a major upgrade, bibby can play off the ball with a star studded team and can run the offenese when needed. i think his playoff experience will help the team too. with bibby and chalmers coming off the bench i dont think its wrong to say its solid, i mean its over arryo seriously.

if they do meet up in the ecf i wonder how the celtics would match up with dampier/big z since perkins is gone.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #552 on: March 03, 2011, 06:31:53 AM »
i cant wait to watch Rondo run circles around Bibby :D

oh and trust me, Shaq and Jermaine will be WELLLL rested for April - June.  I say those 2 are good for a combined 30-35 minutes per game....then the other 15-ish minutes we throw Big Baby and KG out there as our big men
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:34:10 AM by Carlton Banks »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #553 on: March 03, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »
Jermaine is a corpse man
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #554 on: March 03, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »
Jermaine is a corpse man

its not like we need him more than 10 minutse a game