Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 148941 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #660 on: March 09, 2011, 10:50:33 AM »
^i dunno what ur talkin about, i always said they suck and that they couldn't compete with the top teams.

So right when the Heat came together you said "LeBron can't make excuses anymore" & now you're saying they always sucked? Pretty contradicting... :stupid:

that's because he's an assclown
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #661 on: March 09, 2011, 11:54:48 AM »
Apparently Chris Bosh just told the Florida media that he's uncomfortable playing on this team, saying he doesn't want to play with body contact. I swear, this guy is TRYING to alienate himself from his own team's fan base...

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/03/09/11/Bosh-talks-big-comes-up-small/landing_reiter.html?blockID=436274&feedID=7926

MIAMI — Well, this was something different.

There was Chris Bosh, on the heels of another weak showing in another Heat loss, sounding as if he were admitting something that's been painfully obvious too often this season.

He doesn't fit in here.

End of story.

"I have to get back in my comfort zone," he started out after Miami's 105-96 loss to the Blazers, its fifth straight defeat. "I haven't been in my comfort zone. A lot of things are new for me, and I just have to be more aggressive in demanding it in my comfort zone. I will take the fall for that."

That and the fact Bosh has played so poorly in so many games that Scottie Pippen called the Heat two-and-a-half men.

As in Bosh is half a man.

That and his miserly four rebounds and abysmal three-of-11 shooting highlighted another night in which Big Game Bosh is a mocking moniker.

That and the fact he's not the player he was supposed to be. Not on this team. Not in any way resembling a guy who's supposed to be part of the Big Three.

He's a square peg in a round hole. And he sure sounds like he knows it.

"I am uncomfortable now," Bosh said. "It is nothing but a conversation to have to correct the discomfort and I am here for the benefit of the team. I just feel that I have to be my normal self, and I really am not there right now. It has been a lot of flashes."

This is Bosh dancing around the fact that for much of this season he's been an awkward, out-of-place, underachieving so-called star.

Before the Heat's December renaissance, Bosh let out rapid-fire candor that shot down any notion he was in the right city.

"I never really like to bump against people that are a lot, lot bigger than me. I'm not the biggest guy in the world," he said.

"I didn't ask for us to be called the Big Three," he said.

"I think I'm the easiest one to attack. I've heard all kinds of jokes," he said.

Doesn't want to bump against people that are a lot bigger than him? Doesn't belong in the Big Three? He's the easiest to attack?

The only thing more disturbing for Heat fans than the fact he'd say these things is the fact he knew how right he was way back then.

In fact, the signs that Bosh was the wrong part in an over-hyped and mismatched team were strong enough that in early November my FOXSports.com colleague Jason Whitlock wrote Miami might be better off trading him.

People guffawed. People rolled their eyes. People thought that was crazy talk.

Not so crazy anymore.

"I think it is evident I have to get it where I am effective," Bosh said, referencing that he needs to take fewer jump shots and get the ball more often in the paint.

A statement that absolutely contradicts his earlier statement about not wanting to bump against players who are bigger than him, not to mention his routine struggles with rebounding in key games.

Because either you want the ball in the paint or you don't.

Either you rebound or you don't.

Either you play like a big man or you don't.

And Bosh usually doesn't.

All of this seems even clearer — and pushed into the light by Bosh's comments — in the context of what's happening with the Heat.

Bosh hasn't fixed himself since those dark November days. But Dwyane Wade and LeBron James have forged a new level of greatness, seen in their efforts Tuesday to carry their team on their shoulders, that is simply not enough.

"We're not going to come in here and point out our teammates," Wade said. "We lose together. We want more productivity off the bench … whoever is playing has to do more for us to win the ball game."

Bosh was playing — he played 40 minutes Tuesday night. Third only to LeBron's 45 and Wade's 42.

Because there's no one else to whom Spoelstra can turn.

Which brings us back to Bosh, who was talking about how he needs to be a big man — the very thing he's shied away from all year.

"I can shoot the ball but I am a big man, so I have to get it where the big guys get it and I feel I can start helping this team out more."

This was Bosh creeping perilously close to the ledge of absolute candor. This was a so-called member of the Big Three peering over that high ledge of honesty and seeing what Whitlock saw months ago.

Bosh doesn't fit.

All of this feels so much clearer now after the latest loss to a good but not great Blazers team — despite James and Wade being simply masterful.

LeBron went off for 31 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists. Wade matched him in effort, grit and greatness with 38 points, six rebounds and five assists.

Spectacular.

Yet despite those performances from the Heat's true luminaries, Miami just dropped its fifth in a row to playoff-bound teams. It just sunk deeper into doubt and the sense that chaos has replaced quality.

And Bosh wanted to talk about how things for him in Miami aren't how they used to be in Toronto.

"I am not a selfish player; if they come and double team, I will make the smart play," he said. "I have done that for a long time in Toronto. That should not change. I felt like we had an advantage on mismatches."

And Wade seemed to need all his self-control and graciousness not to do a double-take and storm out of the press conference to sit Bosh down for a long talk when he heard the want-to-be big man's needs.

"We obviously want to help Chris be more aggressive," Wade said diplomatically. "And understand it's our duty and our job to make sure this time of the year to help Chris, who hasn't been in too many of these situations, that he can be very productive for us."

Hasn't been in too many of these situations.

Translation: You're not used to this. You may not be up to this. We're trying to help, but dude, come on, get it done.

And then there was Bosh. Saying he shouldn't be opening games taking three straight jump shots even though, well, that's what he's done all year.

Which is more about him than any conspiracy or plan to not utilize him properly.

And Bosh saying he didn't get the rebounds he should have because he "mistimed a couple of them" and "if I don't start out around the basket it kind of drifts on throughout the game and it gets tougher and tougher to get rebounds."

And Bosh saying he was rolling a bit too much to the basket Tuesday.

Excuses. Abdication of his own role in these things. And a quip, when asked whether he was in a position Tuesday where he could be effective, that went like this: "Was I effective today? So it's kind of sensitive to talk about."

So is this: Sixty-three games into the regular season and Chris Bosh sounds a lot like the guy from November who knew he didn't fit in.

On a night when the Big Two gave it all they had, it's fair to wonder whether No. 3 belongs in that title — or with this team at all.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #662 on: March 09, 2011, 12:22:38 PM »
Apparently Chris Bosh just told the Florida media that he's uncomfortable playing on this team, saying he doesn't want to play with body contact. I swear, this guy is TRYING to alienate himself from his own team's fan base...

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/03/09/11/Bosh-talks-big-comes-up-small/landing_reiter.html?blockID=436274&feedID=7926

MIAMI — Well, this was something different.

There was Chris Bosh, on the heels of another weak showing in another Heat loss, sounding as if he were admitting something that's been painfully obvious too often this season.

He doesn't fit in here.

End of story.

"I have to get back in my comfort zone," he started out after Miami's 105-96 loss to the Blazers, its fifth straight defeat. "I haven't been in my comfort zone. A lot of things are new for me, and I just have to be more aggressive in demanding it in my comfort zone. I will take the fall for that."

That and the fact Bosh has played so poorly in so many games that Scottie Pippen called the Heat two-and-a-half men.

As in Bosh is half a man.

That and his miserly four rebounds and abysmal three-of-11 shooting highlighted another night in which Big Game Bosh is a mocking moniker.

That and the fact he's not the player he was supposed to be. Not on this team. Not in any way resembling a guy who's supposed to be part of the Big Three.

He's a square peg in a round hole. And he sure sounds like he knows it.

"I am uncomfortable now," Bosh said. "It is nothing but a conversation to have to correct the discomfort and I am here for the benefit of the team. I just feel that I have to be my normal self, and I really am not there right now. It has been a lot of flashes."

This is Bosh dancing around the fact that for much of this season he's been an awkward, out-of-place, underachieving so-called star.

Before the Heat's December renaissance, Bosh let out rapid-fire candor that shot down any notion he was in the right city.

"I never really like to bump against people that are a lot, lot bigger than me. I'm not the biggest guy in the world," he said.

"I didn't ask for us to be called the Big Three," he said.

"I think I'm the easiest one to attack. I've heard all kinds of jokes," he said.

Doesn't want to bump against people that are a lot bigger than him? Doesn't belong in the Big Three? He's the easiest to attack?

The only thing more disturbing for Heat fans than the fact he'd say these things is the fact he knew how right he was way back then.

In fact, the signs that Bosh was the wrong part in an over-hyped and mismatched team were strong enough that in early November my FOXSports.com colleague Jason Whitlock wrote Miami might be better off trading him.

People guffawed. People rolled their eyes. People thought that was crazy talk.

Not so crazy anymore.

"I think it is evident I have to get it where I am effective," Bosh said, referencing that he needs to take fewer jump shots and get the ball more often in the paint.

A statement that absolutely contradicts his earlier statement about not wanting to bump against players who are bigger than him, not to mention his routine struggles with rebounding in key games.

Because either you want the ball in the paint or you don't.

Either you rebound or you don't.

Either you play like a big man or you don't.

And Bosh usually doesn't.

All of this seems even clearer — and pushed into the light by Bosh's comments — in the context of what's happening with the Heat.

Bosh hasn't fixed himself since those dark November days. But Dwyane Wade and LeBron James have forged a new level of greatness, seen in their efforts Tuesday to carry their team on their shoulders, that is simply not enough.

"We're not going to come in here and point out our teammates," Wade said. "We lose together. We want more productivity off the bench … whoever is playing has to do more for us to win the ball game."

Bosh was playing — he played 40 minutes Tuesday night. Third only to LeBron's 45 and Wade's 42.

Because there's no one else to whom Spoelstra can turn.

Which brings us back to Bosh, who was talking about how he needs to be a big man — the very thing he's shied away from all year.

"I can shoot the ball but I am a big man, so I have to get it where the big guys get it and I feel I can start helping this team out more."

This was Bosh creeping perilously close to the ledge of absolute candor. This was a so-called member of the Big Three peering over that high ledge of honesty and seeing what Whitlock saw months ago.

Bosh doesn't fit.

All of this feels so much clearer now after the latest loss to a good but not great Blazers team — despite James and Wade being simply masterful.

LeBron went off for 31 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists. Wade matched him in effort, grit and greatness with 38 points, six rebounds and five assists.

Spectacular.

Yet despite those performances from the Heat's true luminaries, Miami just dropped its fifth in a row to playoff-bound teams. It just sunk deeper into doubt and the sense that chaos has replaced quality.

And Bosh wanted to talk about how things for him in Miami aren't how they used to be in Toronto.

"I am not a selfish player; if they come and double team, I will make the smart play," he said. "I have done that for a long time in Toronto. That should not change. I felt like we had an advantage on mismatches."

And Wade seemed to need all his self-control and graciousness not to do a double-take and storm out of the press conference to sit Bosh down for a long talk when he heard the want-to-be big man's needs.

"We obviously want to help Chris be more aggressive," Wade said diplomatically. "And understand it's our duty and our job to make sure this time of the year to help Chris, who hasn't been in too many of these situations, that he can be very productive for us."

Hasn't been in too many of these situations.

Translation: You're not used to this. You may not be up to this. We're trying to help, but dude, come on, get it done.

And then there was Bosh. Saying he shouldn't be opening games taking three straight jump shots even though, well, that's what he's done all year.

Which is more about him than any conspiracy or plan to not utilize him properly.

And Bosh saying he didn't get the rebounds he should have because he "mistimed a couple of them" and "if I don't start out around the basket it kind of drifts on throughout the game and it gets tougher and tougher to get rebounds."

And Bosh saying he was rolling a bit too much to the basket Tuesday.

Excuses. Abdication of his own role in these things. And a quip, when asked whether he was in a position Tuesday where he could be effective, that went like this: "Was I effective today? So it's kind of sensitive to talk about."

So is this: Sixty-three games into the regular season and Chris Bosh sounds a lot like the guy from November who knew he didn't fit in.

On a night when the Big Two gave it all they had, it's fair to wonder whether No. 3 belongs in that title — or with this team at all.

if Chris Bosh is on that team next year I'll be shocked

I can see him being traded for 50 cents to the dollar  (i.e. 2-3 role players)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #663 on: March 09, 2011, 05:44:07 PM »
if Chris Bosh is on that team next year I'll be shocked

I can see him being traded for 50 cents to the dollar  (i.e. 2-3 role players)
They can get a good roll player with the MLE. A shit load of players would want to play with Wade and LeBron. They should trade Bosh for a true center who can play 35 minutes a game. Too bad there aren't many of those left in the league.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #664 on: March 09, 2011, 07:55:34 PM »
damn, people are crazy with these pics lol..

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SbyAK8N6pRU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SbyAK8N6pRU</a>
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:03:38 PM by Halu Sination »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #665 on: March 10, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »
I don't see why any team would trade for Bosh. His contract is ridiculous, he will not transform a irrelevant team into a relevant one, and marketing-wise it doesn't make sense either because ever since he joined the Heat he is neither liked nor considered a superstar. I guess the Heat are stuck with him, unless they buy him out (crazy) or trade him for terrible contracts, picks and 1 or 2 role players. A fantastic trade would be Bosh for Okafor and Ariza.. that would also make for the mother of all NBA conspiracy theories, considering the Hornets are now run by the league.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #666 on: March 10, 2011, 09:05:39 PM »
losing streak is over; against the Lakers too.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #667 on: March 10, 2011, 09:21:11 PM »
Beautiful bench play.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Sccit

« Reply #669 on: March 11, 2011, 01:33:49 PM »
the heat still suck.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #670 on: March 11, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »
^LOL, just admit you're upset because your four paragraph speech you were about to give if the Lakers won will have to wait until June..maybe.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #671 on: March 11, 2011, 06:38:47 PM »
^LOL, just admit you're upset because your four paragraph speech you were about to give if the Lakers won will have to wait until June..maybe.
notice how since the HEAT won over LA nik has not returned to dba

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #672 on: March 11, 2011, 06:48:08 PM »
You're on DBA? What's your user name?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #673 on: March 11, 2011, 06:56:36 PM »
You're on DBA? What's your user name?

runnin with scissors

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #674 on: March 12, 2011, 08:44:54 AM »
Looking back on this shit now, It would have worked out better for the 3 heatles of Bron went to NY with Amare and Bosh and Wade signed in Chicago....

Lebron, Bosh and Amare?

who would play center?  Amare gets 8 boards a game and Bosh is Manute Bol with longer hair (per Barkley)