Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 148884 times)

Sccit

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #1155 on: June 30, 2011, 03:21:02 AM »
You don't need to be an expert to know he wasn't shut down. Shutting down a player in any sport is the same thing. That's like saying sone pitcher shut down a hitter because the hitter went 2 for 5 with three rbis and a home run, or a cb shutting down a receiver but the receiver scored a td and gained 80 yards, or a defenseman shut down a forward who scored three points.

If someone averaged a double-double they weren't shut down. Only a moron would argue that, and here you are.

Learn a new phrase, you don't understand the term shut down.

Garnett was the MVP that year...for him to shoot 44% was not only a shut-down, but the epitome of getting shut-down. who cares how many rebounds he got, he had a difficulty scoring with efficiency, as he did up until that point, and thats why the wolves lost. do ur research and quit bringin up baseball because u dont watch basketball lmao.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 03:22:46 AM by NIKCC »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #1156 on: June 30, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »
Yeah, Revis shuts down NFL WR's. Held to under 50 yards. Roy Halladay shuts down MLB offenses down, not allowing them to score a run, even occasionally without a hit. Someone playing slightly worse than average, doesn't qualify for being "shut down".

& LMFAOLOLHAHAHAHA, this nigga said, "who cares how many rebounds he got?", when last year in Game 7, when Kobe got ACTUALLY shut down, shooting 25%, you just said, "b-b-b-but, look at all those rebounds he got!". Fucking hypocritical, kid.

teecee

« Reply #1157 on: June 30, 2011, 02:19:09 PM »
You don't need to be an expert to know he wasn't shut down. Shutting down a player in any sport is the same thing. That's like saying sone pitcher shut down a hitter because the hitter went 2 for 5 with three rbis and a home run, or a cb shutting down a receiver but the receiver scored a td and gained 80 yards, or a defenseman shut down a forward who scored three points.

If someone averaged a double-double they weren't shut down. Only a moron would argue that, and here you are.

Garnett was the MVP that year...for him to shoot 44% was not only a shut-down, but the epitome of getting shut-down. who cares how many rebounds he got, he had a difficulty scoring with efficiency, as he did up until that point, and thats why the wolves lost. do ur research and quit bringin up baseball because u dont watch basketball lmao.

Oh, so rebounds don't matter when you shoot a poor percentage?   ;)  Cuz, um, remember game 7 when...ah, nevermind, its too easy sometimes

Sccit

« Reply #1158 on: June 30, 2011, 08:16:51 PM »

Oh, so rebounds don't matter when you shoot a poor percentage?   ;)  Cuz, um, remember game 7 when...ah, nevermind, its too easy sometimes

Lakers won, Wolves lost. There's ur difference....come on, son, u know u aint jaydc steez, so dont say dumbass shit like that.

Sccit

« Reply #1159 on: June 30, 2011, 08:19:19 PM »
Yeah, Revis shuts down NFL WR's. Held to under 50 yards. Roy Halladay shuts down MLB offenses down, not allowing them to score a run, even occasionally without a hit. Someone playing slightly worse than average, doesn't qualify for being "shut down".

& LMFAOLOLHAHAHAHA, this nigga said, "who cares how many rebounds he got?", when last year in Game 7, when Kobe got ACTUALLY shut down, shooting 25%, you just said, "b-b-b-but, look at all those rebounds he got!". Fucking hypocritical, kid.

dumballitary, did the wolves win when garnett was held to 44% while barely reaching his season average? did the lakers lose when kobe had a bad shooting night, but overcompensated in other areas? did u watch the lakers-wolves series in '04? the answer to all of these is no.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1160 on: July 01, 2011, 01:20:05 PM »
LOL @ "compensated in other areas". You mean when Pau dragged Kobe to another ring on some Shaq shit in Game 7?

EDIT: Basically what you're telling me there is, if Kobe averaged 25% shooting & 15+ rebounds, they would never lose. It was Kobe who won that ring & not the Lakers...LOL.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #1161 on: July 01, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
hahahahahahaha way to own cham
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #1162 on: July 01, 2011, 02:55:26 PM »
LOL @ "compensated in other areas". You mean when Pau dragged Kobe to another ring on some Shaq shit in Game 7?

EDIT: Basically what you're telling me there is, if Kobe averaged 25% shooting & 15+ rebounds, they would never lose. It was Kobe who won that ring & not the Lakers...LOL.

Again...Kobe=won championship, overcompensated in other areas, got Finals MVP. Garnett=lost, percentages dipped, didn't overcompensate anywhere, and got eliminated. only a retard like urself wouldnt see this. understandable from hack, cuz he's a garnett fan, and gaydc, because he doesnt watch basketball. but u are just the epitome of an idiot.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1163 on: July 01, 2011, 04:54:09 PM »
Look at this stupid Jew. No wonder Hitler tried to get rid of you all.

You're not even talking about Garnett getting "shut down" anymore. Kobe got brought up & you ran to his defense. This nigga is a joke.

Also you dumb fuck, speaking on that Kobe series, he only won because Pau saved him.

Just another example of Kobe having a dominate team outside of himself & winning. Jordan had Pippen, but Pippen never won anything for him. He just played his game, never had to "step up" to save MJ. KG in '04? Who was going to save him? Latrell Sprewell? Sam Cassell? LOL. C'mon bro, go to sleep.

And since you apparently love statistics these days, take a look at these; http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010.html <--- Scroll down to the "advanced stats" (right up your alley, you mathematician, you). Win Shares: Pau Gasol - 11.0; Kobe Bryant - 9.4.

Win Shares Per 48 Minutes: Pau Gasol - .220; Kobe Bryant - .160. I think it's clear who was winning games. ;)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #1164 on: July 01, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »

You're not even talking about Garnett getting "shut down" anymore. Kobe got brought up & you ran to his defense. This nigga is a joke.

Also you dumb fuck, speaking on that Kobe series, he only won because Pau saved him.

Just another example of Kobe having a dominate team outside of himself & winning. Jordan had Pippen, but Pippen never won anything for him. He just played his game, never had to "step up" to save MJ. KG in '04? Who was going to save him? Latrell Sprewell? Sam Cassell? LOL. C'mon bro, go to sleep.

And since you apparently love statistics these days, take a look at these; http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/2010.html <--- Scroll down to the "advanced stats" (right up your alley, you mathematician, you). Win Shares: Pau Gasol - 11.0; Kobe Bryant - 9.4.

Win Shares Per 48 Minutes: Pau Gasol - .220; Kobe Bryant - .160. I think it's clear who was winning games. ;)

Shaq won those first3 titles, Kobe was just his upgraded Penny Hardaway thanks to Phil Hackson
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sccit

« Reply #1165 on: July 01, 2011, 06:25:41 PM »

Garnett got shut down cuz they lost. had they won, it would not be considered getting shut down. since he didn't play up to par AND they lost, those are the exact two aspects that go into getting shut down...the fact that ur too dumb to get this is mind-boggling. and the fact that ur tryna make it sound as if pau is anywhere near kobe's caliber as a player also goes 2 show how much u cant get enuff cock in ur mouth. latrell sprewell, sam cassell...yes, idiot, i know u didnt watch basketball at that tme, but they were all-stars just like gasol, and minnesota actually had a really good team that year. fact of the matter is, Gasol saved Kobe just as much as John Paxson saved Jordan. Kobe was the driver of that team, put up the best stats, AND was hands down Finals MVP...and anyone who tries acting otherwise is scum in the minds of true basketball heads aka u.

Sccit

« Reply #1166 on: July 01, 2011, 06:27:11 PM »

Shaq won those first3 titles, Kobe was just his upgraded Penny Hardaway thanks to Phil Hackson

and shaq to kobe was an upgraded andrew bynum....lmao. only difference, kobe won rings with bynum, but shaq never won a ring with penny.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #1167 on: July 01, 2011, 09:21:08 PM »
LMAO   Bynum didn't score 30 points a game and grab 15 boards in the playoffs, get outta here with that nonsense.

Penny on the other hand, not many players saw the floor like him

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #1168 on: July 01, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »

Garnett got shut down cuz they lost. had they won, it would not be considered getting shut down. since he didn't play up to par AND they lost, those are the exact two aspects that go into getting shut down...the fact that ur too dumb to get this is mind-boggling. and the fact that ur tryna make it sound as if pau is anywhere near kobe's caliber as a player also goes 2 show how much u cant get enuff cock in ur mouth. latrell sprewell, sam cassell...yes, idiot, i know u didnt watch basketball at that tme, but they were all-stars just like gasol, and minnesota actually had a really good team that year. fact of the matter is, Gasol saved Kobe just as much as John Paxson saved Jordan. Kobe was the driver of that team, put up the best stats, AND was hands down Finals MVP...and anyone who tries acting otherwise is scum in the minds of true basketball heads aka u.

Oh, stats don't mean anything anymore? LMFAO, this nigga. I'm not denying Kobe was the best player there, but stats show Pau is was more efficient & efficiency is what wins ball games. & please Sprewell scored 17 & 3 & Cassell wasn't taking over games, he was just a strong point guard.

& enough making yourself look stupid. You once said to me, "I don't respond to you because the shit you say is stupid. If you said something smart, I'd answer". Now you answer everytime. Only proving more you're the biggest hypocrite on the planet lol.

Sccit

« Reply #1169 on: July 01, 2011, 10:38:58 PM »

Oh, stats don't mean anything anymore? LMFAO, this nigga. I'm not denying Kobe was the best player there, but stats show Pau is was more efficient & efficiency is what wins ball games. & please Sprewell scored 17 & 3 & Cassell wasn't taking over games, he was just a strong point guard.

& enough making yourself look stupid. You once said to me, "I don't respond to you because the shit you say is stupid. If you said something smart, I'd answer". Now you answer everytime. Only proving more you're the biggest hypocrite on the planet lol.

yes...big men are more efficient than guards. we get that. that still has absolutely nothing to do with my original point. but i do find it interesting that stats show pau as being more efficient than hakeem was, no doubt about it. and pau is not on another caliber in comparison to sprewell and cassell lmao. they were all all-stars on the same level...but neither of em, in their prime, fell off like pau did this year. as for me not replying to ur trolling...that's a great point. ur so damn dumb that i really shouldnt reply to u. it's just very tempting. i'm the type of guy who sees people sayin dumb shit, and ill tell them to shut the fuck up...thats me. most people just pass by and think to themselves "what a retard"...that's most the readers who read ur posts.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:42:50 PM by NIKCC »