Author Topic: Official Miami Heat thread  (Read 148920 times)

Sccit

Re: Official Miami Heat thread
« Reply #2490 on: May 09, 2013, 04:08:15 PM »
and since when did claiming Melo is close to Lebron start helping your credibility?

face it, Kobe was surrounded by all stars this year and his team sucked ass.  I still have this years Sports Illustrated NBA edition and on the cover it has Howard and Nash with the caption "this should be easy"

OOPS!  :D

meanwhile Bosh and Wade combined are only averaging 2 more points than Lebron himself this playoffs. 

hes closer than u think..

kobe's team had no shot at playoffs without him this year...the heat woulda been a top 3 seed without lebron LOL.

and u keep conveniently forgetting to mention that the lakers had more injury woes than any other team this season as if it helps u to feel better about ur exaggerations :laugh:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2491 on: May 09, 2013, 04:20:52 PM »
NIKCC, you're alone on this one. It's kinda sad reading all this stuff because you make it so obvious.  Just admit Lebron is the best NBA player for a while now and will probably be in the future too, until somebody else's time comes. Just think, if the roles were reversed and Kobe was on the heat and Lebron on the Lakers team, would you be singing the same tune? You know the answer to that.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2492 on: May 09, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
and since when did claiming Melo is close to Lebron start helping your credibility?

face it, Kobe was surrounded by all stars this year and his team sucked ass.  I still have this years Sports Illustrated NBA edition and on the cover it has Howard and Nash with the caption "this should be easy"

OOPS!  :D

meanwhile Bosh and Wade combined are only averaging 2 more points than Lebron himself this playoffs. 

hes closer than u think..

kobe's team had no shot at playoffs without him this year...the heat woulda been a top 3 seed without lebron LOL.

and u keep conveniently forgetting to mention that the lakers had more injury woes than any other team this season as if it helps u to feel better about ur exaggerations :laugh:

the Lakers had some harsh injuries but only the Pacers, 76ers and Bulls can REALLY cry about injuries because all 3 lost huge parts of their team for the entire season. 

put Melo on the Heat and Lebron on the Knicks and watch the Knicks finish a lot closer than 12 games to the Heat.  in fact I'd say the Knicks might even be the 1 seed because Marshmelo Anthony always misses 15 games a season while Mr. MVP Lebron only misses games when his team has the top seed sealed up already.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2493 on: May 09, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »
Now I Know, you sound so sad. It's all in front of you. Kobe's reign is over. It was a great run. This doesn't mean the Lakers can't win next season, it just means for the last two years Lebron had been the best ball player in the world. Best player and best team are two separate things. As long as the Lakers have the best team, I can give a flying f.... who is the best player.

With that said, Lebron has been the best player the last two years because he figured out how to win and he is paying at a level higher than anyone else.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2494 on: May 09, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »

what kobe did to single-handedly get the battered, heartless lakers to the playoffs this season was historic....

getting a team with 3 future hall of famers and a perennial all star in Pau Gasol into the 7th see of playoffs was "historic"?  historic is winning 27 games in a row.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 05:36:44 PM by Hack Wilson 1930 »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2495 on: May 09, 2013, 06:58:20 PM »
LOLOL if only I had the time and energy to find your quotes about this years roster before the season. "Historical" lmao. Yeah, "historically" failed with by far the best roster on paper.

And you're hating on LeBron's assists because he hand picked his own roster of knock down shooters? I thought the goal was to win? Why wouldn't he suit himself with rosters that fit his style of play? Veteran minimum players, no less. Nobody on that roster besides Allen would start, be a sixth man or even a really key role player on almost every playoff teams roster. Shane isn't even really a defensive presence anymore, he's just a knock down corner shooter.

Give me Jodi, Blake and Ron for Ray, Norris and Shane and the Heat would still be in the same situation and the Lakers would still suck.

Sccit

« Reply #2496 on: May 10, 2013, 03:54:33 AM »
i guess u all missed when i said lebron had the best season in the nba this year and ran away with the mvp....is it easier for the lebron jockriders to reply when yall act like i'm debating something that i'm not? all i'm saying is that lebron is not lightyears ahead of the other superstars, he just has a team built around him that is lightyears better than the other superstar's teams, which will naturally boost his status and make him look better. u are straight up retarded if u argue this.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2497 on: May 10, 2013, 05:01:53 AM »
But you can say the same for Jordan and Kobe when they were on top. Their teams was what made the so great and vice versa.

Sccit

« Reply #2498 on: May 10, 2013, 05:23:14 AM »
But you can say the same for Jordan and Kobe when they were on top. Their teams was what made the so great and vice versa.

lol please....kobe on the laker team that won back-to-back with pau gasol as second fiddle had a team built around him very comparable to the rest of the superstars in the league at that time. that wasnt a superteam and u know it. mj also had a great team built around him, but there was no three franchise players ala lebron-wade-bosh surrounded by a buncha' knock down shooters. the heat without lebron right now are a top seeded eastern conference team, on some real shit. lakers without kobe in 2010 wouldnt even make the playoffs.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #2499 on: May 10, 2013, 08:17:06 AM »
Oh yeah, the back to back team who played the OKC-less, Dirk choking, Spur injury ridden, Sun playing no defense, Melo having Billups as his second go to scorer West. How could I forget such a challenge? Who cruised to the Finals three years straight. Only after stealing Pau Gasol and drafting Andrew Bynum.

Yeah, y'all didn't hands down have the best roster in the league with the Celtics. Above and beyond everyone as far as having a complete team.

Sccit

« Reply #2500 on: May 10, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »
Oh yeah, the back to back team who played the OKC-less, Dirk choking, Spur injury ridden, Sun playing no defense, Melo having Billups as his second go to scorer West. How could I forget such a challenge? Who cruised to the Finals three years straight. Only after stealing Pau Gasol and drafting Andrew Bynum.

Yeah, y'all didn't hands down have the best roster in the league with the Celtics. Above and beyond everyone as far as having a complete team.

wtf are u talkin about? do u insist on soundin like u have no idea wtf u talkin bout?...spurs had tony parker-tim duncan-manu ginobli...the three stars they've consistently won with. nuggets had carmelo anthony, chauncey billups, nene, kenyon martin, ty lawson, jr smith. suns had nash-amare-jrich, back when they were all stars. mavs=dirk, kidd, butler, marion, jason terry, josh howard....then u had the lakers playing with gasol as a second fiddle, and odom as the third option. same odom who cant even sniff 20 minutes on the clippers just a couple years later. bynum was injured...lmao@acting like we were stacked compared to other teams in defense of lebron. come on, now, u can do better.

it's well documented that lebron, who's played in the leastern conference for his entire career, has had the easiest rode to the finals of all time, hands down. if u have nothin good to say, dont say nothin.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #2501 on: May 10, 2013, 11:23:26 AM »

wtf are u talkin about? do u insist on soundin like u have no idea wtf u talkin bout?...spurs had tony parker-tim duncan-manu ginobli...the three stars they've consistently won with. nuggets had carmelo anthony, chauncey billups, nene, kenyon martin, ty lawson, jr smith. suns had nash-amare-jrich, back when they were all stars. mavs=dirk, kidd, butler, marion, jason terry, josh howard....then u had the lakers playing with gasol as a second fiddle, and odom as the third option. same odom who cant even sniff 20 minutes on the clippers just a couple years later. bynum was injured...lmao@acting like we were stacked compared to other teams in defense of lebron. come on, now, u can do better.

it's well documented that lebron, who's played in the leastern conference for his entire career, has had the easiest rode to the finals of all time, hands down. if u have nothin good to say, dont say nothin.

When LeBron over took the league, it was 2012. In 2012 the East picked up in talent, the teams were better and LeBron figured out how to win. Check this out, IT'S FUCKING 2013!!! You are talking about Kobe being the greatest with shit that happened 3 years ago. 3 Years ago, Kobe was the best in the world. In 2013, LeBron is the best in the world. Does that mean all time, NO.

Here is the break down. You talk teammates but in 2011, LeBron with basically the same team as today couldn't win the title. The Heat were built to win and they didn't. In the NBA Finals, Dwayne Wade fuckin' killed it, but LeBron crawled in fetal position and the Heat lost to the Mavericks. Had the Lakers been there, I think the Lakers would have won, because the pressure of the moment was too big for LeBron.

Fast forward 2012. The Heat are there, it's their moment and they had to be ready to take it. Instead of crawling into fetal position, LeBron took his game to that other level. For the first time in 3 tries, LeBron rose to the occasion and the Heat won the NBA Finals. For the rest of 2012 and now into 2013 LeBron has not let off. LeBron took his game to a higher level and not come down. When he's at the level, no one is touching him in 2013, and you have to look very hard to find players in history that come close. Maybe 2008-2010 Kobe, or 1991-1993 Jordan, or 1984-1987 Magic Johnson. You can still argue all those players in those times were better than LeBron. But that's not what's important right now. What's important is that 2012-2013 LeBron James is better than 2013 Kevin Durant, 2013 Kobe Bryant, 2013 Carmelo Anthony, and yes, 2013 Steph Curry. There is no one touching LeBron right now and he is rising to the occasion for the Heat to repeat as champions.

Sccit

« Reply #2502 on: May 10, 2013, 11:41:47 AM »
lmao@the 2011 team bein the same as this one...

i love how mdogg just tries to explain what happened in this proffessing way, like he knows what the fuck he's talkin about.

good shit, my dude. at least u give an honest effort...but ur usually wrong or inaccurate when remembering the past LOL.

truth be told, ur goin in circles...i already acknowledged lebron havin the best season in basketball this year. but u fail to acknowledge my point that his team got better, which is indisputably a luxury...if u cant admit this, i have nothing else to say.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #2503 on: May 10, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »
NIK you don't find it odd that every poster agrees with M Dogg except for you??

"LeBron James is a really good friend of mine, a big inspiration, a guy I looked up to in high school, middle school, just hearing about him when he was in high school and being the No.1 pick out of high school was a pretty big accomplishment and now the stuff he's doing now, of course he's a big inspiration. I want to get there as well, so I just got to keep working." - Kevin Durant

also Kevin Durant admits to "obsessively" keeping track of Lebron James stats.  you think MJ cared about what Barkley or Ewing were up to?  lol

Hack Wilson - real

Bulls vs Heat series thread
« Reply #2504 on: May 10, 2013, 12:05:40 PM »
Heat win by double digits