Author Topic: Bishop Lamont Exclusive: New Single From Shawshank Redemption - Hollow Eyes!  (Read 2756 times)

Matty

Re: Bishop Lamont Exclusive: New Single From Shawshank Redemption - Hollow Eyes!
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010, 11:30:59 AM »
real i dominate snippet is here:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1343675

its played @ 11:30 or smth... enjoy

i'm sure there was discussion on that clip at the time and it was a different track that he actually played. anyways, i hope we do get to hear the 'i dominate' track. that was the shit we were waiting on when the album was supposedly gonna come out. dre is on it, rebel's description of it sounded like some kewl shit...

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Bishop Lamont Exclusive: New Single From Shawshank Redemption - Hollow Eyes!
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »

sounds epic!

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »
bishop lamont is following me on twitter  8)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »

Nope. Not 'I Dominate.'

whipEr

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2010, 11:46:53 AM »
and do you know name of the track bishop played rebel?  ???

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2010, 11:51:43 AM »
Lets say dre and bishop arent on speakin terms etc...does bishop need dres permission 2 release this song wit dre vocals on it? Assumin dres on it
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
and do you know name of the track bishop played rebel?  ???

Don't know. Judging by the chorus, Imma guess "Let That Thaing Go"?

Octo might know what that snippet is, though. But it's definately NOT 'I Dominate.'

Matty

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2010, 12:06:22 PM »
Lets say dre and bishop arent on speakin terms etc...does bishop need dres permission 2 release this song wit dre vocals on it? Assumin dres on it

remember bishop left owning the masters, including dre produced material. if a track featuring dre's vocals surfaced it would probably be fair to assume they are still cool. rebel has hinted that bishop is still working with the math and on detox. the least dre could do would be to give his blessing for bishop to use some unreleased material. from my understanding, it was more the label than dre that was the problem.

dissapointing that dre is doing the whole jimmy thing still, but he must like to make music that much more more than deal with the business. fans (myself included) get annoyed when the business side of things means shelved projects, dropped artists and ultimately less music. combine that with dre's perfectionism and it's pretty frustrating. they could care less because eminem has done great since coming back out and the heapdhones thing has also been a success.

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »
Well said...

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2010, 01:17:22 PM »
can someone make a Bishop Lamont discography thread with every single song he has released! we can all help

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »
Then u gon have 2 start wit "my inheritance" which imo is easily his top 3 songs period...dope song...did the xzibit song come out b4 he left or after?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »

remember bishop left owning the masters, including dre produced material. if a track featuring dre's vocals surfaced it would probably be fair to assume they are still cool. rebel has hinted that bishop is still working with the math and on detox. the least dre could do would be to give his blessing for bishop to use some unreleased material. from my understanding, it was more the label than dre that was the problem.

dissapointing that dre is doing the whole jimmy thing still, but he must like to make music that much more more than deal with the business. fans (myself included) get annoyed when the business side of things means shelved projects, dropped artists and ultimately less music. combine that with dre's perfectionism and it's pretty frustrating. they could care less because eminem has done great since coming back out and the heapdhones thing has also been a success.

wait, who said he owned any masters? Why would Bishop have rights to the songs when everyone else who was dropped wasn't able to release material recorded at Aftermath?

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2010, 02:33:55 PM »
can someone make a Bishop Lamont discography thread with every single song he has released! we can all help

I might do that sometime, I got about 600-700 tracks.
Gimme some days and I'll start it.

whipEr

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »
600-700 tracks  :o holy shit

sofdark

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »

wait, who said he owned any masters? Why would Bishop have rights to the songs when everyone else who was dropped wasn't able to release material recorded at Aftermath?

Well, honestly I don't think you're wrong since Rakim & Stat Quo didn't include any of Dr. Dre songs in their albums but Raekwon was able to walk away with Dre's material. Maybe Lamont was able to do the same, since he worked more heavily with Dre.

SHit I gotta say, whether you like it or not, Bishop's one of few young west coast that could have Dubcc taliing on the forum.