Author Topic: Snoop Dogg, DPGC Reminisce About Doggystyle Before Sequel  (Read 312 times)

m-b

• Muthafuckin' OG
Snoop Dogg, DPGC Reminisce About Doggystyle Before Sequel
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:38:06 PM »
A couple of weeks ago, during Rock the Bells rehearsals, the big homie Sway put it in the air while talking to Snoop, Kurupt, Daz Dillinger, Lady of Rage, RBX and Warren G. When Sway asked Snoop if having his crew back together for the concerts meant getting everyone back on one album again, the Dogg said: "Nothing can stop that. The rebirth! It's done. We're gonna try to be out before Detox so we can help Dr. Dre speed up the process."

Having the old gang in tow sparked plenty of memories for Snoop about the original album, his debut solo classic.

"The Chronic album, we felt that was our album," Snoop thought back. "We gave Dr. Dre our full attention and our soul and devotion. Everything we wanted to say, we said. He gave us the platform to do that. So we felt that was our album. Then when Doggystyle came out, we felt like it was our record again. 'We get to do it with Snoop and he's gonna really involve us. He's not gonna be like Dr. Dre and be such a perfectionist. Snoop's gonna bring us all in the studio and Dre is gonna fine-tune it and make it sound like how it's supposed to sound.' A lot of records didn't sound like they sound on the album in the beginning. Warren G brought a lot of tracks to the table that were halfway right. Dre made 'em all the way right. Same with Daz, same with other producers. ... Doggystyle was another way for us to be seen and heard again. We followed that up with Tha Dogg Pound album and 'Murder Was the Case' soundtrack."

Snoop officially announced Swizz Beatz as a producer on the album, and the way the love was flowing with Dogg and his musical family, we're already anticipating the DPGC as guests, just like the old days.

"This is nostalgia," Rage said. "It's like going back to Solar Studios. Popeye's Chicken on the corner. Eight of us sharing a three-piece meal. Smoking, drinking, fussing! Not too much fussin'. I'm beatboxing, Snoop's rhyming. Daz rhyming. Kurupt's rhyming. RBX. When RBX came on the set, he was like, 'Yeah, I'm signed to Death Row.' I was like, 'Who said so?' I was all defensive and sh--, like, 'Now everybody wants to be on Death Row. Who are you?' Little did I know."

"The battles were epic, man," RBX offered about the siblings' ciphers. "I used to crave that. It kept you sharp. Me watching all the old kung fu flicks, I always felt like you had to stay sharp and that was through walking through the fire. Whether it be Snoop walking through the fire and I'm judging. Kurupt walking through the fire ... "

"Me, I was into eating people alive," Kurupt jumped in. "If Dogg said get 'em, I got 'em. It's over. Game of death."
CHECK OUT our promo vid..

Will_B

Re: Snoop Dogg, DPGC Reminisce About Doggystyle Before Sequel
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:39:20 AM »
"This is nostalgia," Rage said. "It's like going back to Solar Studios. Popeye's Chicken on the corner. Eight of us sharing a three-piece meal. Smoking, drinking, fussing! Not too much fussin'. I'm beatboxing, Snoop's rhyming. Daz rhyming. Kurupt's rhyming. RBX. When RBX came on the set, he was like, 'Yeah, I'm signed to Death Row.' I was like, 'Who said so?' I was all defensive and sh--, like, 'Now everybody wants to be on Death Row. Who are you?' Little did I know."

"The battles were epic, man," RBX offered about the siblings' ciphers. "I used to crave that. It kept you sharp. Me watching all the old kung fu flicks, I always felt like you had to stay sharp and that was through walking through the fire. Whether it be Snoop walking through the fire and I'm judging. Kurupt walking through the fire ... "

"Me, I was into eating people alive," Kurupt jumped in. "If Dogg said get 'em, I got 'em. It's over. Game of death."

I totally get that. That's how hip-hop history was made 8) 8) 8) 8)