Author Topic: What can turn around this economy  (Read 994 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: What can turn around this economy
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 02:43:45 AM »
Whut`ll turn tha global economy, let alone tha US economy is Internet reconstruction and slowing down tha way we integrate new technology in our everyday lives.  We`re too quick to try to keep up with tha newest software and hardware when we shouldnt be.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 07:37:53 PM »
People have failed to realize in a real way that all of this new technology we come out with now actually makes it worser for people in tha long run.  Portable phones are one thing but computer operated cargo trucks are another, and yes that technology IS in tha process of becoming QUICKLY commercialized as we speak.  Advanced technology is not our friend, just ask them niggaz that work 4 Hershey Park in PA.  Napster and Apple have started society`s downfall and in literally a few years it`ll be clearly more evident than it is today...like it already isnt.  But i bet u people are too scared to speak up on it and would rather just let it happen then stop it even tho we have all of tha ``power``.  And no Im not sayn that those two companies are to blame exclusively but they kinda are to technology what McDonalds is to American weight issues.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 07:42:34 PM »
Ok maybe tha Apple comment might be SLIGHTLY off but u get my point.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »
People have failed to realize in a real way that all of this new technology we come out with now actually makes it worser for people in tha long run.  Portable phones are one thing but computer operated cargo trucks are another, and yes that technology IS in tha process of becoming QUICKLY commercialized as we speak.  Advanced technology is not our friend, just ask them niggaz that work 4 Hershey Park in PA.  Napster and Apple have started society`s downfall and in literally a few years it`ll be clearly more evident than it is today...like it already isnt.  But i bet u people are too scared to speak up on it and would rather just let it happen then stop it even tho we have all of tha ``power``.  And no Im not sayn that those two companies are to blame exclusively but they kinda are to technology what McDonalds is to American weight issues.

well said

technology is fukkin us up, companies systems are too dependent on certain softwares they use that they cant cut certain corners cuz they have to follow process or better yet if some big disaster happens and computers are out...guess what...shits fuuuuuucked!

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 05:05:50 PM »
i was JUST saying to myself the other day....we rely on computers too much because they're taking too many jobs from people

i remember hearing there is some Mcdonalds somewhere that is ran completely robotically....fuck that shit
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Matty

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »
People have failed to realize in a real way that all of this new technology we come out with now actually makes it worser for people in tha long run.  Portable phones are one thing but computer operated cargo trucks are another, and yes that technology IS in tha process of becoming QUICKLY commercialized as we speak.  Advanced technology is not our friend, just ask them niggaz that work 4 Hershey Park in PA.  Napster and Apple have started society`s downfall and in literally a few years it`ll be clearly more evident than it is today...like it already isnt.  But i bet u people are too scared to speak up on it and would rather just let it happen then stop it even tho we have all of tha ``power``.  And no Im not sayn that those two companies are to blame exclusively but they kinda are to technology what McDonalds is to American weight issues.

completely ridicolous statement. technology is a wealth multiplier and responsible for most advances in the past hundred years. the solutions to all of humanities problem will be derived from technology and the people who are able to think shit up using it. there are a whole host of problems in the world, but bigger picture technology is not the cause of them. most people who work are taking far more out of the real physical economy than they put in - our value systems are outdated and unworkable for very much longer. in a system geared toward depletion and finite resources you hit a brick wall unless technology steps in to save our butts. for this to happen the system still has to change significantly and a lot of the corruption/inbalances cut out. real talk.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 01:16:20 PM »
Any of these things will help the economy:
-Get rid of the Federal Reserve
-Go back to the gold standard
-Lower taxes
-DON'T PASS BUDGETS THAT SPEND MORE MONEY THEN THE GOVERNMENT HAS!  <----I know it's a radical concept, but it should be tried.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 03:38:58 PM »
People have failed to realize in a real way that all of this new technology we come out with now actually makes it worser for people in tha long run.  Portable phones are one thing but computer operated cargo trucks are another, and yes that technology IS in tha process of becoming QUICKLY commercialized as we speak.  Advanced technology is not our friend, just ask them niggaz that work 4 Hershey Park in PA.  Napster and Apple have started society`s downfall and in literally a few years it`ll be clearly more evident than it is today...like it already isnt.  But i bet u people are too scared to speak up on it and would rather just let it happen then stop it even tho we have all of tha ``power``.  And no Im not sayn that those two companies are to blame exclusively but they kinda are to technology what McDonalds is to American weight issues.

completely ridicolous statement. technology is a wealth multiplier and responsible for most advances in the past hundred years. the solutions to all of humanities problem will be derived from technology and the people who are able to think shit up using it. there are a whole host of problems in the world, but bigger picture technology is not the cause of them. most people who work are taking far more out of the real physical economy than they put in - our value systems are outdated and unworkable for very much longer. in a system geared toward depletion and finite resources you hit a brick wall unless technology steps in to save our butts. for this to happen the system still has to change significantly and a lot of the corruption/inbalances cut out. real talk.

wrong.

technology is the BEST and WORST thing to happen in tha past hundred years.  technology is the main reason people are losing their jobs and their stock.  matty i think you're tha only 1 that i've ran into that's said that lol but seriously tho son u mad wrong on that, shit is mad fucked up out here becuz of technology, that's why jobs are being shipped overseas everyday (becuz technology makes the labor/expenses of certain jobs virtually free).  i see u tho, tryna put up an argument n shit but naw son, u know u wrong.  
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:43:12 PM by ColliGreenz, KoRnbread, & Chitlinz »

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »

Its helped alot but it has also caused damage and most of the damage we're not gonna see til the future.  Imagine a car without gas...yes its great u have a car to go places but if u dont have gas u cant go anywhere its useless.  Imagine if some catastrophic happens and u cant use computers...u are basically paralyzed.  U know what happens if a hospital loses power and their backup is also out?  more than half the people there will die...these are just some small examples, theres alot more

Matty

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 05:03:48 AM »

wrong.

technology is the BEST and WORST thing to happen in tha past hundred years.  technology is the main reason people are losing their jobs and their stock.  matty i think you're tha only 1 that i've ran into that's said that lol but seriously tho son u mad wrong on that, shit is mad fucked up out here becuz of technology, that's why jobs are being shipped overseas everyday (becuz technology makes the labor/expenses of certain jobs virtually free).  i see u tho, tryna put up an argument n shit but naw son, u know u wrong.  

jobs shipping overseas has nothing to do with technology directly and no i'm not wrong. shit is mad fucked on a lot of levels right now up but people losing their jobs because of advances in technology is a good thing in principle. think about it, it frees us up to do other shit or for those who aren't as useful just not consume as many resources. the fact that the system and our value systems are so badly configured that we can't move toward a more advanced efficient framework for society does not make technology itself bad. super real talk!

Matty

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 05:33:40 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YG3kMbUwMPM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YG3kMbUwMPM</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 10:46:22 AM »
Matt, from a business point of view it's probably the greatest thing to happen to the American business in forever, but from an overall economic standpoint it's the worst thing.  Not everybody was meant to be an entrepenuer, some people are just meant to be sheep (that's their role in life - there's nothing wrong with it tho).  If only a certain amount of people [or 1 person] has all of the money and nobody else has any, eventually you'll have to leave elsewhere to get tha money {overseas} and that leaves everybody else with nothing.  The wealth has to be able to spread to make more wealth.

Matty

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2010, 12:04:07 PM »
Matt, from a business point of view it's probably the greatest thing to happen to the American business in forever, but from an overall economic standpoint it's the worst thing.  Not everybody was meant to be an entrepenuer, some people are just meant to be sheep (that's their role in life - there's nothing wrong with it tho).  If only a certain amount of people [or 1 person] has all of the money and nobody else has any, eventually you'll have to leave elsewhere to get tha money {overseas} and that leaves everybody else with nothing.  The wealth has to be able to spread to make more wealth.

but you're thinking about wealth in money terms whereas the bigger picture i'm talking about is wealth in real terms. all the silly jobs and financial machinations that have been layered on top of real wealth generating activity are not part of a sustainable system in the longer term. and yeah, some people are not going to be very useful at all, having something productive for everyone to do is a problem and probably not possible with current population levels. as it is you have all these people consuming more real wealth (resources) than they generate, driving the system into the ground. the brick wall situation with the physical economy is coming really soon now and it's technology that will save the day or at least shorten the agony/amount of people who lose their lives.

the american gov know this and are funding large investments in some very high-end energy related enterprises behind the scenes in anticipation for when an energy/resource crisis kicks in. it's gonna be too late for a lot of people perhaps, but the next real boom after the dust settles and all this financial shit implodes, as it should have already, is all to do with high-end technology, new ways of generating energy etc. we either go there or into some type of dark age/world war scenario.

The Overfiend

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 08:00:39 PM »
our value systems are outdated and unworkable for very much longer. in a system geared toward depletion and finite resources you hit a brick wall unless technology steps in to save our butts. for this to happen the system still has to change significantly and a lot of the corruption/inbalances cut out. real talk.

Word.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 12:40:42 PM »
y'all have too much faith in artificial intelligence and your government
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:48:06 PM by Respect This Pimpin' »