Author Topic: MUSLIM CLERIC TALKS OF 'WAR' ON WESTERN GOVERNMENTS  (Read 294 times)

Woodrow

MUSLIM CLERIC TALKS OF 'WAR' ON WESTERN GOVERNMENTS
« on: December 17, 2002, 09:57:44 PM »
Outspoken Muslim cleric Sheikh Abu Hamza has launched a new attack on the West, talking of a "war" against its governments, financial institutions and armies.

The sheikh, who is facing possible removal from his base at the North London Central Mosque in Finsbury Park, following complaints to the Charity Commission about his activities, also spoke of his admiration for Afghanistan's former rulers, the Taliban.

BBC 2's Newsnight showed footage of the sheikh urging on his followers the merits of attacking banks. He told Newsnight last night: "None of these statements is against your people, because our war and struggle is against governments, institutions like banks and also armies ..."

Asked whether he still maintained that it was legitimate to "loot and shoot" in banks, the sheikh said: "Banks are a different story. Banks are imposing on us poverty ... they are enslaving Africa and our countries."

The sheikh said his original comments related to banks in France, because of the country's activities in Algeria.

But asked whether it would also be legitimate in Britain, he said: "Maybe it is not legitimate for everybody, but the question was from somebody who was Algerian, whose family were being killed, and their property being taken.

"And if somebody is similar to him in England then he has the right to do so. Islam doesn't say you turn the other cheek ... you defend yourself in the appropriate way."

Asked whether he believed it was legitimate to blow up embassies, the sheikh said: "These embassies have been blown up as a result of ... basically they have been used as a spy place."

Asked if there was a government on earth which he admired, he replied: "The Taliban."

When it was pointed out to him that the Taliban had been forced from power, he said he hoped for its return. "The coming Taliban, hopefully," he said.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm

First off, how many times do you see major leaders of other religions talking this way?
Secondly, How was somebody with views this off the wall allowed to get into the postion he is at today?

Trauma-san

Re:MUSLIM CLERIC TALKS OF 'WAR' ON WESTERN GOVERNMENTS
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 10:04:34 PM »
I see a bunch of replies supporting his disgusting actions coming up.  

CWalker187

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 10:06:08 PM »

Actually, I see one of the moderators locking up this thread.

CWalker187

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2002, 10:06:32 PM »

Actually, I see one of the moderators locking up this thread.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 11:07:32 AM »
Interesting article.

Anyways, first of all this guy is some fuckin lunatic neighbourhood priest. He isnt BY ANY MEANS a "major leader", no god damn way.

Please understand, Islam is not structured the way for example Catholics are.  The institutions are not the same.  There is no world wide leader of the Muslims like the Pope.  So in essence, you are taking the views of a priest in some city in England and you are throwing it in my face asking me to explain it, which i have.

Umm, further more, he is totally extreme in his thinking, but i notice he says to attack armies.  I think we can all agree that the armies of the west are much more legitimate targets than buildings.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 02:19:57 PM »
I'm giving up on this forum.  

Good! I may post here more often!

Woodrow

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2002, 02:24:11 PM »
Whoops?! Did Finite delete his post?!

About what you said, perhaps Tech said what he said because he actually feels that way? Not everybody is as hatefull as you...

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 02:47:14 PM »
*is very confused*
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2002, 02:57:24 PM »
*is very confused*
Finite posted up a long topic about how he felt you were "Whitewashing" the topic and then he justified what this cleric said by using some quasi-psycotic logic regarding Iraq...

I guess he deleted his post.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2002, 05:17:27 PM »
interesting......very interesting

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2002, 12:32:31 AM »
Interesting article.

Anyways, first of all this guy is some fuckin lunatic neighbourhood priest. He isnt BY ANY MEANS a "major leader", no god damn way.

Please understand, Islam is not structured the way for example Catholics are.  The institutions are not the same.  There is no world wide leader of the Muslims like the Pope.  So in essence, you are taking the views of a priest in some city in England and you are throwing it in my face asking me to explain it, which i have.

Umm, further more, he is totally extreme in his thinking, but i notice he says to attack armies.  I think we can all agree that the armies of the west are much more legitimate targets than buildings.

yeah, i agree with all of that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2002, 12:33:27 AM »
*is very confused*
Finite posted up a long topic about how he felt you were "Whitewashing" the topic and then he justified what this cleric said by using some quasi-psycotic logic regarding Iraq...

I guess he deleted his post.

disgusting.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2002, 11:17:10 AM »
i dont think its disgusting, i just really wanted to read it, i enjoy reading what Infinite says whether we agree or not, (and we do disagree from time to time)

- Lewis Carroll

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2002, 11:33:52 PM »
I think it's disgusting that he feels the need to stick up for evil people that share his religion.  I don't stick up for the klan, he shouldn't stick up for assholes like this.