Poll

Do you feel there should be more diversity in the Moderators of the Train of Thought

Yes
12 (57.1%)
No
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Bias in the Moderators of TOT  (Read 1059 times)

closetothalimit

Re:Bias in the Moderators of TOT
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2002, 04:16:38 AM »
i think some mods abuse their power in threads about their own religion and this isnt fair, i think rather then getting more just have 3 at most, all unbiased and open minded like the ones engel-rock mentions above.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2002, 07:18:54 AM »
Since it re-opened i think the mods have done a fine job.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

CWalker187

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2002, 09:29:09 AM »
Engel you are definitely right about this, there really does need to be more diversity among the moderators. When yu have people locking up certain threads, and threatening to ban people because of their beliefs like they tried to do to me, then there is a problem.

I just don't understand what the moderators' problem is. What is so bad about free speech, as long as you don't threaten anyone. Heck, even I have been physically threatened by Afghan Terrorist and I still could care less.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2002, 10:59:39 AM »
LOL@ this thread

criminal 909 said it best, swear to God, lol

What we have here is an attempt by the non muslims to gain control of the moderator position.

This is not a govt, where we need to be representative to the people.
For Gods sakes, im a moderator that will lock up a post if it gets personal or if religion gets attacked.  Nothing wrong with that, and if there is, i want Overseer to talk to me about it.

You lil girls got your panties in a bunch, as if having Trauma as a mod would change anything.  We dont have daily TOT moderator meetings, in such case, an extra Christain vote would help your case LOL.
If trauma was a mod i would still lock posts that were personal and an attack on religion.

Keep in mind, that there really is no need for more moderators, in fact i think we have too much at this point

Also keep in mind, that c walker has been warned before and NIK was just banned, when, like 2 weeks ago? Engle is callin me Osama, LOL,
the real know whats up
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2002, 11:02:01 AM »
one more thing engle, why dont u tell me right now what having an extra non muslim mod would do to this board.  Like what would be the benefits?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Woodrow

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2002, 01:09:35 PM »
LOL@ this thread

What we have here is an attempt by the non Muslims to gain control of the moderator position.
You want to make this a Muslim/non Muslim issue. It's not. It's a representation issue.

For Gods sakes, im a moderator that will lock up a post if it gets personal or if religion gets attacked.  Nothing wrong with that, and if there is, i want Overseer to talk to me about it.
You have personally attacked me on numerous occasions. Where were you when infinite attacked other religions? Why do you lock up threads criticizing an Islamic practice? Is it because it got "personal" or was it because you didn't feel like defending your position?
It's easy to say you will do something, but when push comes to shove, will you? If you past actions are any indication, I think not.

You lil girls got your panties in a bunch
This isn't getting personal?

Engle is callin me Osama, LOL,
the real know whats up

No, you called yourself Osama
Osa..uh...Abdul

Remember that?
here is the topic incase you forgot...
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=23571;start=0

And yes, the "real" do know what’s up....

Woodrow

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2002, 01:19:14 PM »
one more thing engle, why dont u tell me right now what having an extra non muslim mod would do to this board.  Like what would be the benefits?
Threads like this woudln't get locked up.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=25439
Good discussion wouldn't get stopped in its tracks because somebody didn't feel like defending their position.

Threads like this would REALLY be locked when somebody locks them
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24907;start=60

Posts wouldn't get deleted like this.
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24749;start=20

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2002, 01:34:49 PM »
I'm cool w/ mostly everybody in here...

CWalker-  You do make insulting comments at Muslims from time to time...lay back on that...express yourself w/o cussing or sayin other shit...

Tech- I have seen you lock up posts because you wanted to...so what if people criticize your religion?  This is TOT...we're supposed to express everything we want here...

Infinite- You take shit too far sometimes...I have seen you criticize America and other religions...seems like you wanna bash others, but when it comes to you, you make it personal and serious...

I don't post in here too much, but I do check in here all the time...

PS: I am an athiest...I support no God or Gods...

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2002, 02:05:04 PM »
LOL@ this thread

criminal 909 said it best, swear to God, lol

What we have here is an attempt by the non muslims to gain control of the moderator position.

You lil girls got your panties in a bunch, as if having Trauma as a mod would change anything.  We dont have daily TOT moderator meetings, in such case, an extra Christain vote would help your case LOL.
If trauma was a mod i would still lock posts that were personal and an attack on religion.

Keep in mind, that there really is no need for more moderators, in fact i think we have too much at this point

Also keep in mind, that c walker has been warned before and NIK was just banned, when, like 2 weeks ago? Engle is callin me Osama, LOL,
the real know whats up
than how come u never locked or deleted any of infinite post bashig christianity

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2002, 02:52:59 PM »
im gonna make this very clear so you guys can understand

(on a side note, cmon engle, are u seriously that humour deprived that u couldnt tell a joke, dont bring anything goes convos here)

anyways, as you all know......

1) hall of mirrors was disbanded because of all the hate,
2) there were increased calls for more vigilant moderators

so in light of that, RECENTLY, i decided to be more of a better mod,
so RECENTLY, i told infinite in  a private message that we had to be better disciplined and refrain from personal and religious attacks because that has RECENTLY been a personal policy of mine so that Seer wont get rid of this forum again,also because RECENTLY this forum has turned to major hating and im tryin to keep it pure political

the biggest argument against Infinite was his "christain bashing", i spoke with him, and now Im locking every single thread that trashes a religion

like i said, c walker can post whatever he wants, i WELCOME the right wing garbage articles he posts here, because i love taking em on,
but religion bashing i wont allow, and i put that on my honour that if i see ANY RELIGIOUS BASHING, ITS LOCKED,

all i gotta say

- Lewis Carroll

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2002, 04:28:35 PM »
Instead of locking a whole thread, why dont u just edit out what was said to bash a religion...? Why do you have to ruin a perfectly good thread for a small coment? Like when u locked C-walkers "Saudi Arabia" thread, you coulda' just edited out his hatefull statement...But instead, you locked up the whole thread because you were losing the argument...Bottem line, this board needs to be equal, and it doesn't seem very equal to me...PeACe

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2002, 05:08:56 PM »
how the hell was i losing the argument? how do u win an argument when your religion is bashed?

"your religion is backwards"

"no its not??"

- Lewis Carroll

verbalassaulta

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2002, 06:27:53 PM »
the mods in here are bull shit....if you say anything bad about tech or abebe abdulla whatever and they'll erase your post...i hardly come here anymore...you cant even express yourself freely so its a waiste of time

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2002, 06:32:36 PM »
and the mob continues to grow

next i expect picket signs calling for my lynching

ive only deleted one thread...and that was because one dude completely dissed some next guy, it had nothing to do with the thread, the two people involved were not muslims and it was a thread that i ignored, i didnt even post in it

ive locked 2-3 threads cuz a religion was being bashed,
so your comment, verbalassaulta , is completely false
and baseless

furthermore, previously the inactivity of moderators was condemned, now when the moderator is more vigilant he is being harassed

i dont get it

- Lewis Carroll

Quakaveli

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2002, 10:09:50 PM »
we need more non-muslim mods, trauma would be tight but I guess thats not possible, we need a hindu moderator and a christian one too. Infinite has to be kicked off, and maybe Tech, mabe not...