Author Topic: Erick Sermon??  (Read 557 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Erick Sermon??
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 08:59:18 PM »
Nah matty whats it from as n release?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

himani

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2010, 08:14:51 AM »
I think, I couldn't be fucked getting tickets for any concert in a while.

LONDON!!

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2010, 10:28:18 AM »
erick sermon is a legend in the game, i hope he gets back to that dark, bassy funked out type production that he use to do in the mid 90's on albums like, keith murray's first two, red's second and third, alphonzo hunter's first r n b album and so on and so on and that brandy 'baby' remix, he was a top 5 producer to me during that period and i'm not trying to be disrespectful to that brothers resume now or how he's production game is now, because he still represents, he's big, i'm just a big fan of that dark, bassy style of gutta funk production that brother used to do, thats all man

i didn't even know that keith murray/canibus joint ep came out, i'm slipping, our definetly look out for that, thats a sick combination, crazy
"get this money by any means nessassary"

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 10:37:18 AM »
One of my favorite...who else can rap and produce as dope as e-dub?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

Matty

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
Nah matty whats it from as n release?

its not from anything, just a web leak.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 11:57:57 AM »
Aite...but imo hes top 20 rappers/producers of all time
Cube

Matty

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:03 PM »
Aite...but imo hes top 20 rappers/producers of all time

ok thanks for letting that be known :monkey_dance2:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2010, 12:16:06 PM »
Haha...cuz hes underrated fareal...he can still make heat and muffuccaz is knockin on swizz cheeze door
Cube

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »
erick sermon is a legend in the game, i hope he gets back to that dark, bassy funked out type production that he use to do in the mid 90's on albums like, keith murray's first two, red's second and third, alphonzo hunter's first r n b album and so on and so on and that brandy 'baby' remix, he was a top 5 producer to me during that period and i'm not trying to be disrespectful to that brothers resume now or how he's production game is now, because he still represents, he's big, i'm just a big fan of that dark, bassy style of gutta funk production that brother used to do, thats all man

Same here, his beats from '93 untill like '98 are my favorites as well. The things he produced in that area, is just what hip-hop was & should be. Some examples:
Erick Sermon - Stay Real, Illegal - We getz busy, Redman - Funkorama, Alfonzo Hunter - Just the way, Keith Murray - Dip Dip Di, and so on! I just love that heavy bassline!

Matty

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2010, 01:20:07 PM »
i been impressed by almost all his production work - always characterised by fat, smooth basslines and funky guitar licks. a couple of beats on this 1999 heavy d album were dope! 'ask heaven' is a really smooth, mellow joint 8)

LONDON!!

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 03:11:09 PM »

Same here, his beats from '93 untill like '98 are my favorites as well. The things he produced in that area, is just what hip-hop was & should be. Some examples:
Erick Sermon - Stay Real, Illegal - We getz busy, Redman - Funkorama, Alfonzo Hunter - Just the way, Keith Murray - Dip Dip Di, and so on! I just love that heavy bassline!

no question, i forgot about jamal's first album aswell and that remix of az's 'gimme yours' tune was sick, erick was on his shit back then, but its like i said, he still represents

and yeah its like fucc you with 2c's said, erick sermon is definetly a top 10 to 15 producer of all time and gets busy on the mic too

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 03:22:42 PM »
Hes jus laid back...what i also like bout him is he aint always sayin he the best...his muzik shows that he is...chilltown (green cover) prolly his worst album
Cube

LONDON!!

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 03:43:28 PM »
nah, exactly, he don't go on like he's mr.multi-syllabic, super complex rhyme scheme, super lyrical, a billion bars a second type best of the best type rapper, he just has fun wit it and i love that about his music, from epmd to his solo shit and thats not saying he has no talent on the mic, because lyrically he can hold his own, he ain't no slouch, its just like you said though, he dosen't try to come like he's the best mc, rapper or whatever ever, he just comes wit that good ol back to back braggadocious type shit, on some hip hop shit, he brings that to the game, in a b-boy pose, you get me fam, thats erick sermon man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2010, 04:41:40 PM »
Yeah thats y krs and e-dub 2 of my favorite who still bring heat....i still need 2 listen 2 all them epmd albums alot more...i have that el nino album 2 disc set...fuck it e-dub>>>redman, keith murray
Cube

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2010, 11:27:23 PM »

i didn't even know that keith murray/canibus joint ep came out, i'm slipping, our definetly look out for that, thats a sick combination, crazy

agree 100%

for me his 'Double Or Nothing' album was his finest hour

most of the beats had that dark funked out production that you spoke of

Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'