Author Topic: Erick Sermon??  (Read 559 times)

LONDON!!

Re: Erick Sermon??
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2010, 05:07:41 AM »
erick sermon is a legend in the game, i hope he gets back to that dark, bassy funked out type production that he use to do in the mid 90's on albums like, keith murray's first two, red's second and third, alphonzo hunter's first r n b album and so on and so on and that brandy 'baby' remix, he was a top 5 producer to me during that period and i'm not trying to be disrespectful to that brothers resume now or how he's production game is now, because he still represents, he's big, i'm just a big fan of that dark, bassy style of gutta funk production that brother used to do, thats all man

i didn't even know that keith murray/canibus joint ep came out, i'm slipping, our definetly look out for that, thats a sick combination, crazy

agree 100%

for me his 'Double Or Nothing' album was his finest hour

most of the beats had that dark funked out production that you spoke of

exactly, 'double or nothing' was his modus operandi, that was the pinnacle of that style he was buzing at that time, the zenith you know and on top of the classic production, he's bars and features made sense too, thats an underated album right there, for real like

@fucc you with 2cc's
yeah krs 1 is my all time goat mc, rapper or whatever, because he still has it lyrically and can still outshine most top mc's on tracks that he collaborates on them with and he has held that high standard since criminal minded, i don't think anyone else has that same high pedigree for the same amount of time, to me now, he's still no.1, 1, 1, ha ha, big up that brother
"get this money by any means nessassary"

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2010, 07:54:53 AM »
Yeah^ years later epmd releases we mean business...dope fresh album.....krs still spittin...his albums wit buckshot n marley marl are dope...and he jus released album wit true master...have u heard "the dj" by krs? Song is mad dope and crazy enuff he says somethin like...ill b spittin past 60...i hope he is...and thats y i can listen 2 krs and e-dub much more than biggie and jay cuz their dope and what they do cant b done and i dont care how many classics or millions theyve sold they jus aint on well krs level 2 begin wit
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

LONDON!!

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2010, 10:38:42 AM »
krs 1 is the originator of so many styles, pioneer and shit, so its like getting tired of a ferrari but liking them fake no name brand, knock off wannabe imatation ferrari sports cars, or getting tired of a benz, but liking them fake copycat, chysler cars, you see what i'm saying, krs 1 is the blueprint, you can't get tired of that shit

and thats no sleight on big or anything like that, because 'ready to die' is a classic in my book, that still gets rinsed out witout skipping any tracks or i ain't calling the rest of the game fake neither, because everybody has to get influenced by someone and put there own spin on it, you see what i'm saying, that was just analogy, because i feel like big was more influenced by g rap, but came wit his own shit on top of that, like a lot of that early to mid 90's generation that was influenced by the mid to late 80's og rappers, you get what i'm saying, your krs 1, g rap's, kane, ll, ultra, epmd, nwa, slick rick, rakim and so on and so on

so long as krs 1 has bars and good production behind his shit i will always check for his product you know, no matter how old he is, the rock crew can do big boy shows into there old age and shit, all in there, 70s and 80's and shit, still selling out huge stadiums and shit, pushing product out to there customer base of all ages, so why can't the customers in the rap game get down like that and support the artists, no matter what age the artist is, so long as that artist still has skills and is putting out quality product, you see what i'm saying, i don't get that shit, ha ha, no i don't

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 10:48:00 AM »
yeah i feel what your sayin but whos muzik can you listen to more biggie and jay or e-dub and krs?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »
the e double first single should be a remix to ether boy's jumpin out the window on some networth shit,i still want to know what really happened with that shit yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2010, 04:15:04 PM »
^lol tryna kill himself?
Cube

LONDON!!

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »
yeah i feel what your sayin but whos muzik can you listen to more biggie and jay or e-dub and krs?

i ain't gonna front or anything, but krs 1 has a more wider, more extensive catalogue than big's, he has more classics, the same wit sermon, from epmd to double or nothing, i don't even really check for jay's music no more at all until he clears up if he ratted on beans to the police to get him thrown out of that concert he had earlier in the year, real talk

so yeah, i can see what your saying, erick's and krs 1's shit gets more play, but that 'ready to die' album does still get rinsed in rotation, religiously aswell you know, ha ha, if you see what i'm saying fam

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 06:21:21 AM »
I feel what ur sayin...but jay and big are borin and i couldnt sit thru a classic of theirs...wit skippin but krs brings so much 2 the mic its crazy....and e-dub is the "calmest" rapper that brings heat and u go damn
Cube

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 05:11:57 AM »
always like The Green Eyed Bandit. Parrish outshined him as a rapper - but Erick was interestin as an artist too.. he slurred out his rhymes, in a "swaggtastic" way.

Also, Erick Sermon was the first producer to fuck wit p-funk in his music. Bootsy Collins, Parliament, George Clinton all that shit..
Erick was the pioneer, not Dr Dre..