Author Topic: I really hope this bitch loses....  (Read 559 times)

Sikotic™

I really hope this bitch loses....
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:01:10 PM »
Meg Whitman is now the biggest self-funding candidate in history

By Holly Bailey holly Bailey – Wed Sep 15, 11:38 am ET

It's official: Meg Whitman is the biggest self-funding candidate paying her way through a single race in political history.

As the Los Angeles Times' Anthony York notes, the California GOP gubernatorial nominee contributed another $15 million to her  campaign on Tuesday. That means that Whitman, who came by most of her wealth during her tenure as CEO of eBay,  has spent $119 million of her own cash on the race --  almost $10 million more than previous record-holder Michael Bloomberg, who ran up his $110 million tally during his successful 2009 re-election campaign.

By comparison, Whitman's Democratic opponent Jerry Brown has spent less than $1 million, according to his latest campaign report filed the first week of August. That total has no doubt gone up since then; Brown launched his first statewide TV ads in the race just last week.

And Whitman looks to be on track to keep fattening her own campaign kitty.  Just last month, she contributed $13 million of her own cash to the race — a trend that she's matched almost every month this summer. The cash has kept her ads on the air virtually nonstop in California, and she and Brown are nearly tied in the race. That's a big deal considering the outsize  advantage that Democrats enjoy in the state's party registration numbers. What's more, Republicans aren't exactly staging a Golden State renaissance -- witness the dismal approval number for  GOP Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

But with 48 days to go before Election Day, we're now entering the most expensive part of the race. How far will Whitman go to try to win?

(Photo: Michal Czerwonka/Getty Images)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sikotic™

Re: I really hope this bitch loses....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »
Let's put some things into perspective here:

- She hasn't voted in previous gubernatorial or presidential elections -- which means she didn't care or participate in politics previously
- Despite spending waaay more than her opponent, she still has been unable to get a definitive lead -- which means even staunch Republicans and those on the fence want nothing to do with her
- A major part of her campaign focuses on creating jobs and maintaining the job we have in California -- as the CEO of eBay, she allowed many MANY jobs get outsourced to India and other countries.

This bitch has no business holding the highest office in California. If Americans knew what was good for them, they would not support candidates who spend their own money to push themselves down the voters throats without showing why they are capable of holding the position.

It's not just California, its throughout the entire country. Voters need to stand their ground and send a message to these jerk offs.

Thank you for your time.

[/political rant]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 09:59:38 AM by S.I.K. »

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:57:46 AM »
can I ask what happens to the money if she doesn't get elected?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Blasphemy

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 04:20:24 PM »
she looks scary as shit. lol fucking terminator.

IRAN iz Gangsta!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Up in Yo bitch iz where you might find me!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:29:37 PM »
just legalize weed and california will be all good again  8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
she looks scary as shit. lol fucking terminator.
I odn't think she's human.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »
And the best candidate, Gavin Newsom couldn't even stay in the race.  Fucking shame. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 09:56:28 AM »
And the best candidate, Gavin Newsom couldn't even stay in the race.  Fucking shame. 
That "like it or not" shit he said a few years ago really did fuck his political career up.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Fiorina bitch too running for Senate too. She's in the same category as Whitman.

*throws his HP laptop in the trash*

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 10:18:06 AM »
That "like it or not" shit he said a few years ago really did fuck his political career up.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Fiorina bitch too running for Senate too. She's in the same category as Whitman.

Yep, she's even worse.  Oh and I still think Gavin is going to come up it's just not his time yet.  But I'm sure as soon as he's ready to be Governor, people will start coming up with all these crazy ass theories about how he sold his soul to be where he's at lol

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
Yeah he's a young guy. He has plenty of time as long as he doesn't get involved in any political scandal or anything crazy like that.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2010, 12:29:57 PM »

Yep, she's even worse.  Oh and I still think Gavin is going to come up it's just not his time yet.  But I'm sure as soon as he's ready to be Governor, people will start coming up with all these crazy ass theories about how he sold his soul to be where he's at lol

I'll research that and let you know one way or the other.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 10:19:34 PM »
Yeah he's a young guy. He has plenty of time as long as he doesn't get involved in any political scandal or anything crazy like that.
Too late for that, he did sleep with a friends wife :nawty: There's some other junk he did.  You might have to checkout the sfgate site on Newscum.  He's been compared to the George Bush of mayors.  I'm not the only one who'd rather have Arnold still being governor than Newscum being governor & Arnold shoulda been gone long ago.  I'd GTFO of California if he was elected governor.  Only reason he wants 2 be governor is to 4ce gay marriage on this god4saken state. 

Too bad the voters don't have a none of the above selection on some of these choices for positions :(