Author Topic: The REAL thing/song that killed Hip-Hop...  (Read 1993 times)

Blood$

The REAL thing/song that killed Hip-Hop...
« on: September 21, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »

does anybody else agree with me? and if not state your case and tell me what dropped before this that was wacker and set trends for even wacker music to drop

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:06:42 AM by BloodMoney2010 »

Anunikke

Re: The REAL thing/song that killed Hip-Hop...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
If you think hip-hop is dead you don't know hip-hop.

Snap is just a sub genre within hip-hop, if sub-genre's emerge within a genre it means it's expanding, meaning it's more alive then ever.
You can also call it evolution and the Chimps didn't ruin the hominid family seeing how the humans are better then any species before it.

Blood$

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »

Snap is just a sub genre within hip-hop, if sub-genre's emerge within a genre it means it's expanding, meaning it's more alive then ever.
You can also call it evolution and the Chimps didn't ruin the hominid family seeing how the humans are better then any species before it.

let me re-phrase what I meant in the title... this is what killed/made it hard for REAL rappers and artists who are "hip-hop" to be accepted in the mainstream

I do know my hip-hop son, a very wide range and variety, but this right here never was and never will be  8)

Anunikke

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:47:50 AM »

let me re-phrase what I meant in the title... this is what killed/made it hard for REAL rappers and artists who are "hip-hop" to be accepted in the mainstream

I do know my hip-hop son, a very wide range and variety, but this right here never was and never will be  8)
That's right it's not hip-hop it's snap music.
Which does however fall under the hip-hop umbrella.

I do admit I thought this was reggae or some shit the first time I heard it.
What do you mean accepted in the mainstream?
D4L had 1 hit, DFB & Unk got some shine but none of them really sold anything impressive for a mainstream act.
An artists doesn't sell a million of 1 hit.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »

D4L had 1 hit, DFB & Unk got some shine but none of them really sold anything impressive for a mainstream act.

that's my point, after this song came out a stampede of other wack hits and artists soon followed, D4L and this song paved the way for those acts and if they never came out then I bet labels would have never invested in at least 75% of these other garbage rappers

DFB was around in 2004 though with "White Tee" which was a decent single IMO, and they had some pretty good production courtesy of Jermaine Dupri

Anunikke

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 11:06:43 AM »

that's my point, after this song came out a stampede of other wack hits and artists soon followed, D4L and this song paved the way for those acts and if they never came out then I bet labels would have never invested in at least 75% of these other garbage rappers

DFB was around in 2004 though with "White Tee" which was a decent single IMO, and they had some pretty good production courtesy of Jermaine Dupri
I guess that started the snap movement yes.

But that stampede would've happened regardless.
Most of those sales came from the snap-music core fan base anyway.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 12:00:09 PM »
Hip Hop was already wack as shit by the time that song came out.

You gotta blame Puffy, Timbaland, Ja Rule, and a few others for getting the ball rolling, then labels, networks, and magazines.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 12:00:38 PM »

ummmm.....Kris Kross? MC Hammer? Vanilla Ice? Tag Team? Pop music is nothing new.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 12:02:05 PM »
snap music should be instrumental only.. cause who the fuck listens to the lyrics? just produce some cool beats and stop right there.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 12:03:39 PM »
You gotta blame Timbaland

...what? you gotta be kidding me. Timbaland went pop with his last album, Shock Value 1 a little bit but that had some major fucking hits on it. Go Timbo!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 05:21:57 PM »
IM curious to know what killed Rock n Roll??

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »

ummmm.....Kris Kross? MC Hammer? Vanilla Ice? Tag Team? Pop music is nothing new.
hey hey hey  - lets not diss Tag Team  they were dope lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »
Its not dead, no one or nothing killed it its called evolution.

Rock started out like one thing and now from rock and roll you have different genres of music like :
Metal, heavy metal, alternative, grundge, death metal, speed metal, punk rock, emo rock and so on...

Same with hip hop

we got westcoast hip hop, eastcoast, down south, crunk, more pop kinda stuff, rnb, snap etc..

BiggBoogaBiff

BIGWORM

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 09:24:10 PM »