Author Topic: The REAL thing/song that killed Hip-Hop...  (Read 1990 times)

Anunikke

Re: The REAL thing/song that killed Hip-Hop...
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2010, 10:24:57 AM »
Im pretty much cosignin wit Screw on this 1.  Its like an insult to ur intelligence wen ppl say shit like that, like every single piece of music was Pure Gold from tha 90`s and everything now is just a half ass attempt at making music.  I think we should all get together and care 4 our old and sickly ex hip hop stuck in tha pre 2000`s fans, they seriously need our help 2 guide them and coach them and help them grow all over again 4 sum reasin.
There are no people who fit this profile on here.
Unless you include the pac stans.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2010, 12:12:05 PM »
Im pretty much cosignin wit Screw on this 1.  Its like an insult to ur intelligence wen ppl say shit like that, like every single piece of music was Pure Gold from tha 90`s and everything now is just a half ass attempt at making music.  I think we should all get together and care 4 our old and sickly ex hip hop stuck in tha pre 2000`s fans, they seriously need our help 2 guide them and coach them and help them grow all over again 4 sum reasin.

i'm surprised you havent seen em.  There's Action, Midwestryder, ChamillAhScary Bitch, Enyce (and a few others on here alone), and a gang of other random ppl who pop up on the internet and constantly day by day compare the Old Skool 2 tha New.  They might not be in as big of numbers as before but best believe these fuckers are still alive and kickin', it's just that alotta ppl ignore that shit becuz its not true.  This thread is definitely one for sure *that's an insult to my intelligence too just saying that*.  And i dont believe in there is such a thing as a Pac stan.  I think SOME ppl are too quick to pass Pac off becuz Pac was from the Old Skool and everybody loved Pac.  Out of all of tha 2Pac dedicated fans to ever hit tha internet I dont think Ive ever seen any1 be over obsessed and delusional about 2Pac.  It's just some ppl arent as enthusiastic about Pac anymore and want everybody else to move on too.  
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:17:21 PM by <_Arthur_> »

Al Bundy

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2010, 01:04:33 PM »
the people killing hip-hop are the fans who whine about a bygone era and done even bother searching for all the great rap music that is still being made today.

Anunikke

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 01:18:32 PM »
Im pretty much cosignin wit Screw on this 1.  Its like an insult to ur intelligence wen ppl say shit like that, like every single piece of music was Pure Gold from tha 90`s and everything now is just a half ass attempt at making music.  I think we should all get together and care 4 our old and sickly ex hip hop stuck in tha pre 2000`s fans, they seriously need our help 2 guide them and coach them and help them grow all over again 4 sum reasin.

i'm surprised you havent seen em.  There's Action, Midwestryder, ChamillAhScary Bitch, Enyce (and a few others on here alone), and a gang of other random ppl who pop up on the internet and constantly day by day compare the Old Skool 2 tha New.  They might not be in as big of numbers as before but best believe these fuckers are still alive and kickin', it's just that alotta ppl ignore that shit becuz its not true.  This thread is definitely one for sure *that's an insult to my intelligence too just saying that*.  And i dont believe in there is such a thing as a Pac stan.  I think SOME ppl are too quick to pass Pac off becuz Pac was from the Old Skool and everybody loved Pac.  Out of all of tha 2Pac dedicated fans to ever hit tha internet I dont think Ive ever seen any1 be over obsessed and delusional about 2Pac.  It's just some ppl arent as enthusiastic about Pac anymore and want everybody else to move on too.  
Im pretty much cosignin wit Screw on this 1.  Its like an insult to ur intelligence wen ppl say shit like that, like every single piece of music was Pure Gold from tha 90`s and everything now is just a half ass attempt at making music.  I think we should all get together and care 4 our old and sickly ex hip hop stuck in tha pre 2000`s fans, they seriously need our help 2 guide them and coach them and help them grow all over again 4 sum reasin.

i'm surprised you havent seen em.  There's Action, Midwestryder, ChamillAhScary Bitch, Enyce (and a few others on here alone), and a gang of other random ppl who pop up on the internet and constantly day by day compare the Old Skool 2 tha New.  They might not be in as big of numbers as before but best believe these fuckers are still alive and kickin', it's just that alotta ppl ignore that shit becuz its not true.  This thread is definitely one for sure *that's an insult to my intelligence too just saying that*.  And i dont believe in there is such a thing as a Pac stan.  I think SOME ppl are too quick to pass Pac off becuz Pac was from the Old Skool and everybody loved Pac.  Out of all of tha 2Pac dedicated fans to ever hit tha internet I dont think Ive ever seen any1 be over obsessed and delusional about 2Pac.  It's just some ppl arent as enthusiastic about Pac anymore and want everybody else to move on too. 
midwestryder is a troll.

The others, not really.

You're probably over saturating your 'profile'.

The reason a lot of 90s artist get more respect is because well, 20 years has past and we still remember them.
There were plenty of lesser rappers back then but we forgot about them so they're not being discussed.
The better rappers of this era who will be remembered will be on the same level as the old school artist you refer to.

And you need to differentiate Hip-Hop from Trap, you can't possibly expect hip-hop fans to enjoy gucci the same way they do ill bill.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 01:49:42 PM »

i'm surprised you havent seen em.  There's Action, Midwestryder, ChamillAhScary Bitch, Enyce (and a few others on here alone), and a gang of other random ppl who pop up on the internet and constantly day by day compare the Old Skool 2 tha New.  They might not be in as big of numbers as before but best believe these fuckers are still alive and kickin', it's just that alotta ppl ignore that shit becuz its not true.  This thread is definitely one for sure *that's an insult to my intelligence too just saying that*.  And i dont believe in there is such a thing as a Pac stan.  I think SOME ppl are too quick to pass Pac off becuz Pac was from the Old Skool and everybody loved Pac.  Out of all of tha 2Pac dedicated fans to ever hit tha internet I dont think Ive ever seen any1 be over obsessed and delusional about 2Pac.  It's just some ppl arent as enthusiastic about Pac anymore and want everybody else to move on too. 
midwestryder is a troll.

The others, not really.

You're probably over saturating your 'profile'.

The reason a lot of 90s artist get more respect is because well, 20 years has past and we still remember them.
There were plenty of lesser rappers back then but we forgot about them so they're not being discussed.
The better rappers of this era who will be remembered will be on the same level as the old school artist you refer to.

And you need to differentiate Hip-Hop from Trap, you can't possibly expect hip-hop fans to enjoy gucci the same way they do ill bill.

trap rap is still a part of hip-hop, lets not pretend otherwise. and of course they arent going to enjoy it in the same way, gucci is fun party music that bangs, ill bill is a lil more serious than that. it doesnt make one better then the other, its just different. i enjoy both, but i dont feel a need to differentiate it other than what mood im in. its all hip-hop at the end of the day and i love it

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 02:13:53 PM »

WORD. How many of these new rappers actually stick around long enough to accomplish something? Why should we put them on a pedestal against proven vets of the game, when common sense says they will be irrelevant in a couple years? 

Radiotube thinks we're stuck in the 90s, funny cause I probably listen to more current hip hop than he does. All he does is namedrop the same 5 mainstream rappers who most people consider wack. I remember a year ago he was riding for rappers who have since disappeared off the face of the earth.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 04:27:33 PM »
Radiotube thinks we're stuck in the 90s, funny cause I probably listen to more current hip hop than he does. All he does is namedrop the same 5 mainstream rappers who most people consider wack.

lmao, oh no u didnt

and yes i did, Lil' Glock & SOG will never die!  and my profile is saturated with tha goodness, u should enjoy while u can get it fresh now!

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 05:46:56 PM »
Radiotube thinks we're stuck in the 90s, funny cause I probably listen to more current hip hop than he does. All he does is namedrop the same 5 mainstream rappers who most people consider wack.

lmao, oh no u didnt

and yes i did, Lil' Glock & SOG will never die!  and my profile is saturated with tha goodness, u should enjoy while u can get it fresh now!

Where's Webbie and Lil Boosie? Remember last year they were in your top 10?

Anunikke

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 11:43:40 PM »

lmao, oh no u didnt

And look on page 1, all of those snap artists have been completely forgotten already.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 12:14:52 AM »
Radiotube once said that Young Jeezy is on the same level as Nas' Illmatic, don't even bother talking to this guy; his Hip Hop pass has been revoked.

Radiotube thinks we're stuck in the 90s, funny cause I probably listen to more current hip hop than he does.

LOL, tell me not! The only reason he accuses us of "hatin' on tha new skool" is because a majority of people don't like the five guys who are his idols. I basically co-sign everybody in the game but Gucci, Jeezy, Ross, Soulja Boy & people of that caliber. But of course Radiotube has to act like those guys are Pac reincarnated & not liking them is a total "lame" thing to say.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 12:44:52 AM »
Radiotube once said that Young Jeezy is on the same level as Nas' Illmatic, don't even bother talking to this guy; his Hip Hop pass has been revoked.

Radiotube thinks we're stuck in the 90s, funny cause I probably listen to more current hip hop than he does.

LOL, tell me not! The only reason he accuses us of "hatin' on tha new skool" is because a majority of people don't like the five guys who are his idols. I basically co-sign everybody in the game but Gucci, Jeezy, Ross, Soulja Boy & people of that caliber. But of course Radiotube has to act like those guys are Pac reincarnated & not liking them is a total "lame" thing to say.

lol I remember when he said that Gucci Mane could make an album better than illmatic.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 08:04:56 AM »

lmao, oh no u didnt

lil boosie fuckin rules and released a lot of quality music last year, hes actually in prison tied to some murder or something. so dont go actin like he fell off

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 08:12:58 AM »
I remember when RadioTube said all of yall were on his nuts.  Looks like he was right again.

What are you gonna tell me next Bart, that this isn't Basketball J Rock?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 08:51:25 AM by <_Arthur_> »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 08:58:29 AM »
I remember when RadioTube said all of yall were on his nuts.  Looks like he was right again.

Funny...considering you name dropped me on page one of this thread before I even posted anything.

----------

Anyway, back to the topic on hand. I know most of you would say there has been tons of songs back at the start of Hip Hop that were like the ones we all bitch about today, but part of me believes the start of Hip Hop's mainstream "slide" was 50 Cent's "Candyshop".

Don't get me wrong, I actually got love for that song. But I don't know, was a big sellout-ish for 50 Cent at the time & it was strictly for woman. Then D4L came out with "Laffy Taffy" & it was basically an AWFUL spinoff of "Candyshop" with a bunch of candy references. Then the rest of the industry realized you can make some snap, dance song & sell millions & that's the route people started to take.

EDIT: Somebody said earlier in the thread that "people act like mainstream artists today make 'half-assed' music" & in a sense, they really are. They are going to do what sells to woman from the ages of 13-30 and kids from the age of 10-15 (and even older in some cases). Like "Crank That". Even if you say "C'monnn, that's a fun song at a club", sure, whatever; but it doesn't change the fact it's still some bullshit thrown that was thrown together in about thirty-two minutes.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:03:07 AM by Chamillitary Click »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 09:02:17 AM »

lmao, oh no u didnt

lil boosie fuckin rules and released a lot of quality music last year, hes actually in prison tied to some murder or something. so dont go actin like he fell off

actually I'm not even sure if he was on to begin with. But safe to say whatever attention he had before is gone.