Author Topic: The REAL thing/song that killed Hip-Hop...  (Read 1996 times)

Anunikke

Re: The REAL thing/song that killed Hip-Hop...
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 09:19:23 AM »
actually I'm not even sure if he was on to begin with. But safe to say whatever attention he had before is gone.
And this when he is in trial for muder, that should be the best publicity ever.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2010, 10:32:51 AM »
it seems a lot of people on this board will bend over backwards just to make things fit their agrument, sad really. ok so you dont like boosie but how is the murder trial going to act as publicity for him? he cant get out to record music, hes looking to do at least 7 years i heard, so there is nothing to have publicity for. of course his attention is gone, he cant make any more music! youre acting as if this validates you not liking him, as if the reason no-one is talking about him is cos hes whack, but its really cos there is no more music to hear from him so why talk about him.

i dont know what kinda shit radiotube has done since i havent been posting here as long as yall, but believe me youre acting like bigger assholes.

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2010, 10:36:15 AM »
free Boosie, that new album that just dropped had a few decent tracks on it

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2010, 10:44:27 AM »
^I'd say it's more along the lines that he's just wack lol.

that new album that just dropped had a few decent tracks on it

Fair enough. See that's what I want to hear. "Few decent tracks". If you like some of his music fine. Actually, if you like all of his music fine. But don't turn around & say somebody whose obviously suprior is wack lol.

Radiotube has said Jeezy & Gucci can make Illmatic type music & he said Premo wasn't that good of a producer & then co-signs Soulja Boy. This Screwface guy says Joe Budden "got lyrics", but nothing else. But CLEARLY Joe & hundreds of other rappers are better than Lil' Boosie in every aspect of rapping besides sounding like somebody shoved something up his ass.

Seriously, Screw. What ON EARTH does Lil' Boosie do that makes him good?

Blood$

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2010, 10:47:25 AM »
yeah don't get me wrong, I always did like Boosie since way back when he was on Smack DVD's just cuz his voice was very charismatic and his albums usually will have a handful of nice tracks to bump but overall I'm not listening to him for any thought provoking lyrics or hard spitting but he does have a good flow

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2010, 10:49:23 AM »
yeah don't get me wrong, I always did like Boosie since way back when he was on Smack DVD's just cuz his voice was very charismatic and his albums usually will have a handful of nice tracks to bump but overall I'm not listening to him for any thought provoking lyrics or hard spitting but he does have a good flow

I bumped the song "Mind of a Maniac". It wasn't that bad.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2010, 11:23:09 AM »
it seems a lot of people on this board will bend over backwards just to make things fit their agrument, sad really. ok so you dont like boosie but how is the murder trial going to act as publicity for him? he cant get out to record music, hes looking to do at least 7 years i heard, so there is nothing to have publicity for. of course his attention is gone, he cant make any more music! youre acting as if this validates you not liking him, as if the reason no-one is talking about him is cos hes whack, but its really cos there is no more music to hear from him so why talk about him.

i dont know what kinda shit radiotube has done since i havent been posting here as long as yall, but believe me youre acting like bigger assholes.

No one is talking about him because he's one of those rappers that has one or two singles and then is gone. He's not a major player. As far as no more music, he just dropped an album a couple days ago that no one cares about. You're the one in denial if you think he hasn't fallen off.

The original point was that rappers who have only been out for a few years and haven't accomplished anything aside from one or two singles (boosie and webbie being prime examples) should not be put anywhere near rap veterans with established careers. Why even go there? What's funny about you being in denial is that most of us can tell that their careers will be very short. Ringtone rappers are very easy to pick out.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:28:32 AM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

messa

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
I was gonna say somethin until you put that last part in there about the Labels investing money.  And those artists you mentioned are your personal taste in music and your idea of quality, not everybody elses.  Warren G had like 1 good album (and he didn't even Rap on all of tha 12 track album).

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »
Why even go there? What's funny about you being in denial is that most of us can tell that their careers will be very short. Ringtone rappers are very easy to pick out.
Radiotube has said Jeezy & Gucci can make Illmatic type music & he said Premo wasn't that good of a producer & then co-signs Soulja Boy. This Screwface guy says Joe Budden "got lyrics", but nothing else. But CLEARLY Joe & hundreds of other rappers are better than Lil' Boosie in every aspect of rapping besides sounding like somebody shoved something up his ass.

you know im gonna start calling this superiority bullshit nu-backpackin, cause youre no better than backpackers hating on gangster rap.. whiny bitches blabbin on about shit being better just because you think it means something. its called an opinion. get over yourselves. ringtone rap? lol yeah dont talk about shit you havent even listened to, and if you dont like it fine, dont get feelin all superior. this is like the backpacker clowns who call stuff they like HIP-HOP and stuff they hate (that ignorant gansta shit) RAP, except now its RINGTONE RAP.

and lol at cham on joes dick 24/7. u get a lil tingle everytime u type his name dontcha. oh hey a post about rap music  i better mention joe budden

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2010, 04:16:55 PM »
^Typical dodge of a point. Going personal, opposed to actually debating it.

L.

Anunikke

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2010, 04:29:44 PM »

I like boosie.

I don't base the publicity on the traditional media but the modern ones, message boards like this one & blogs.

We're not talking about what hit song will be remembered in the next 10 years but which rappers will be remembered alongside the legends in the next 10 years.

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJu0LQ0Bxd4?fs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LJu0LQ0Bxd4?fs</a>
when little kids had the opportunity to make their own music

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2010, 06:32:40 AM »
We're not talking about what hit song will be remembered in the next 10 years but which rappers will be remembered alongside the legends in the next 10 years.

i wasnt talking about that, but i agree completely. i could care less if rappers i enjoy will be looked at as legends, i just love the music. im not  saying he will be remembered as a legend, im just sayin its dumb for people to say hes whack and a "ringtone rapper". oh and cham i have no desire to debate with you you are a #1 joe budden stan who will bring him into any conversation for no reason. why would i want to debate any serious point with you?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2010, 09:41:34 AM »
^For no reason? You went into depth with everything that's wrong with Budden in another thread. "Oh his flow is this, his delivery is that", but for Boosie all of that "flow, delivery, style, lyrics" is thrown out of the window & it's "personal taste", nigga please.

You're just a hypocrite lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2010, 11:48:59 AM »

i wasnt talking about that, but i agree completely. i could care less if rappers i enjoy will be looked at as legends, i just love the music. im not  saying he will be remembered as a legend, im just sayin its dumb for people to say hes whack and a "ringtone rapper". oh and cham i have no desire to debate with you you are a #1 joe budden stan who will bring him into any conversation for no reason. why would i want to debate any serious point with you?

ringtone rapper - a rapper who is hot for a year or two because of one or two hot singles and then falls off

Lmao at you trying to deny that's what they are