Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5272 times)

Jome

Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »
^^ I was on track 3 when I read the 2 previous comments, and couldn't quite believe it as 2 and especially 3 is 8) 8) - but then the album takes a turn for the worst, and never quite recovers, save a few tracks.  :-\

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 01:28:39 PM »
Middle portion of the album is strong but the beginning and towards the end are weak.

I said it once and I will say it again, I would be curious to see when the weaker tracks on this album were recorded. Because I will bet money the bonus tracks and even the weakest shit Dre could come up with would trump the 3 or 4 HORRIBLE tracks on this album. Or even at that if Dre could not be reached, he could have got some more bangers from Jinx and Hallway.

Each Cube album for me always has 1 track at least with that wow factor or is just lyrically sharp. The last album it was Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It, album before that Why We Thugs. This album has solid cuts but nothing with that wow factor to them.

sav

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »
Weak beginning? I'm on track 3 and it's banging so can't wait for the middle part!

Blood$

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2010, 01:40:54 PM »
Middle portion of the album is strong but the beginning and towards the end are weak.

I said it once and I will say it again, I would be curious to see when the weaker tracks on this album were recorded. Because I will bet money the bonus tracks and even the weakest shit Dre could come up with would trump the 3 or 4 HORRIBLE tracks on this album. Or even at that if Dre could not be reached, he could have got some more bangers from Jinx and Hallway.

Each Cube album for me always has 1 track at least with that wow factor or is just lyrically sharp. The last album it was Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It, album before that Why We Thugs. This album has solid cuts but nothing with that wow factor to them.

exactly how I'm feelin' about the album, the only track that almost has that "wow" factor would be "Life In California" for me, but I just see that as the "most bangin'" song

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 01:42:09 PM »
Weak beginning? I'm on track 3 and it's banging so can't wait for the middle part!

For me I was getting into the album and then comes that Couldn't Make It On Her Own.  :-X

It's like once I get into a rhythm with the doper tracks, here comes a wack one. It does not flow well.

sav

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 02:05:26 PM »
I agree that "She couldn't" is bad...

So Much Style

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2010, 02:34:52 PM »
wow, what a pile of shit.
Id say the best tracks ( very few, like everyone said 4-5) only peak at about 3.5/5 so you can say the album is a 2/5 at best...ughhh, i mean even the best tracks we have heard from this nigga....time to hang it up 4 REAL!

these are listenable atleast once, i guess...

life in california
yall know who i am
too west
no country for young men
hood robin
nothin like LA

the rest is atrocious.
i agree that WC was the shit though and really want to hear his new shit
So much style back at it again

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2010, 02:56:38 PM »
The last "fun" record Cube made was LNCL and the Peace Disc and they sound like Death Certificate or Lethal Injection compared to this.

Hang it up? Nah I won't go there with it yet, but Cube really needs to sit down with a set team of his people and work on conceptually themed music. Now for a millionaire that has to be tough or ehh at times, but this album really sounds like he put it out because he had to more so then the love for it. Hood Robbin- The Love of the music, She Couldn't- ehh.

And to me there is always time to make for talking about social commentary. Hell even in the U.S. all you gotta do is turn on the TV. I miss that Cube.

Lunatic

« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 04:23:25 PM »
I'll be disappointed if I don't enjoy this. Knoc submitted an absolute sick song for this album and Cube turned it down
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

TRG

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »
after one listen

tracks: 3.7.10.11.12.14 i can get into

the rest, meh  :-\

G-Funk

« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »
Pretty disappointing. Some decent songs but the rest is just real bland and/or bad.
worst track IMO: Couldn't Make It on Her Own... absolute garbage!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »
I'll be disappointed if I don't enjoy this. Knoc submitted an absolute sick song for this album and Cube turned it down

Well prepare to be Luna

Lunatic

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 06:53:07 PM »

Well prepare to be Luna
I shouldn't be saying this, but fuck it lol. The record Knoc submitted was even called "Pentagon" and had a very good Ice Cube-political theme to it. Knoc on the hook spittin some political shit, and he had a verse. Knoc loves this song so much he said the ONLY way he wouldn't keep it for himself was if Cube or Dre wanted it. Nobody else could have it. It would have fit this record perfectly.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »
He continues with Southern infused beats which are ass.  I like his vocal delivery but his lyrics are poor.  The singles are the best tracks.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

papa-smurf

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 08:37:29 PM »
good album compred to the music of today.ice cube really came through 4 the west on this,it coul dof been better but the osngs that bang,bang hard,the tracks that sucks,sucks hard.

How many rappers that came out in the 80s could still sound relevant.cube is the west