Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5266 times)

sav-man

Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2010, 11:05:43 PM »
Life in California, Too West Coast, I Am The West, Drink The Kool Aide, No Country For Young Men, Hood Robbin' and Your Money or Your Life are all dope, IMHO.
Nothing Like L.A.--pretty good; Cube's lyrics could be better, but the beat reminds me of some old Warren G.-type shit from back in the day, so that's cool.
Soul On Ice and Fat Cat are...okay (good beat on first song, but Cube's verses are below average; not crazy about the latter song's beat, but Cube's flow on the second verse is actually pretty nice).
Urbanian, It Is What It is, and Y'all Know Who I Am, and All Day Everyday--not feeling them. The beats sound like some kind of weird mix between hyphy and crunk, and Cube's lyrics are WAY below average.
She Couldn't Make It On Her Own--my opinion on this is the same as Lunatic's (he said that for what it is, it's okay, just that Cube's sons are average at best).

I wouldn't mind the production so much if Cube's lyrics were more thought-out, especially on the four songs above that I said I'm not feeling. Cube can do a helluva lot better than what he does lyrically on those songs! It's funny, but the songs on older Cube CDs that I thought sounded "weak" at the time they came out ("Down For Whatever" on LETHAL INJECTION, "Can U Bounce?" on PEACE, "Limos, Demos & Bimbos" on WAR, "Gotta Lotta That" on LNCL, "Get Used To it" on RAW FOOTAGE, to name a few) now sound like masterpieces compared to the four wack songs cited above!!! Hopefully Cube will be feeling more lyrical on the next release.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2010, 11:15:15 PM »
Ironic it was done by a southern producer and thts what people are dissapointed in most by the album (southern beats).  Hood robin is the best beat on the album imo

Maybe done by a southern producer, but its not the southern "style." Just like how a Jay Electronica song isn't in the southern style either. Hood Robbin is the shit.

papa-smurf

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2010, 11:48:48 PM »
nothing like LA is the best song on the album.thats the only song i listen to.i like hood robbin,no country 4 young men.but nothing like LA got the best lyrics,the best hook and the best beat.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2010, 11:52:13 PM »
 :sleep: Average as fuck.

nothing like LA is the best song on the album.thats the only song i listen to.

This quote should just be repeated by every future poster to post in this thread.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »
First Cube album I won't be buying. Some cuts show he still has the ability to make good music, but unfortunately he had decided to take his albums in a different direction. I was hyped by the first two singles but this is a fucking disappointment.

Paul

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2010, 03:51:23 AM »
Ironic it was done by a southern producer and thts what people are dissapointed in most by the album (southern beats).  Hood robin is the best beat on the album imo

Maybe done by a southern producer, but its not the southern "style." Just like how a Jay Electronica song isn't in the southern style either. Hood Robbin is the shit.

I know, thats what i mean. Anyways it shouldnt matter where the artist/producer is from as long as their capturing the sound
:sleep: Average as fuck.

nothing like LA is the best song on the album.thats the only song i listen to.

This quote should just be repeated by every future poster to post in this thread.
::)

funkyfreshintheflesh

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2010, 06:06:52 AM »
deleted the album just today

YoungCrookedI

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2010, 07:37:22 AM »
CUBE LISTEN TO MIKE EPPS; STOP RAPPIN,KEEP DOING YOUR MOVIES.

Blood$

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2010, 09:06:45 AM »
CUBE LISTEN TO MIKE EPPS; STOP RAPPIN,KEEP DOING YOUR MOVIES.

you're not cool or funny so stop trying to be, faggot

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »

BIGWORM

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2010, 05:34:32 PM »
horrible album. Mr. Ice Cube melted after the "leathal injection" album....

Lunatic

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:07 AM »
With more listens and in hindsight (20/20), I was too generous rating "all day, every day" and "fat cat." Beats bang but brutal songs.

Still lovin 7 records though

life in california
too west coast
i rep that west
drink the kool aid
no country for young men
hood robbin
your money or your life
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2010, 01:52:32 AM »
^^^^ same for me with adding Nothing like L.A , track number 2 is below average but the 6 remaining are terrible tracks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:16:27 AM by wcsoldier »

Portugoal

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2010, 05:58:44 AM »
i didn't even take the time out to play this a 2nd time. is that a sign of a bad album?

Mietek23

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2010, 07:11:22 AM »
It's def Cube's worst solo album. Best tracks are "Nothing Like LA", "Your Money Or Your Life" and "Hood Robbin" with "No Country For Young Men", "Life In California", "Too West Coast" and "I Rep That West" following behind. I must say I'm a bit dissapointed with NCFYM tho, I was expecting Cube to drop names and add some fire into this silly 'old-new west' beef :)

The rest of the tracks are average at best. Most of them sounds like leftover material tho with "Urbanian" and "She Couldn't Make It On Her Own" being 2 of the worst tracks Cube ever recorded..

Overall, 5/10 album.

Now let's hope those Quik & E-A-Ski tracks going to be released as a bonus material when the album drops 8)