Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5273 times)

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »
its no masterpiece..but its a decent to superior offering for a 2010 album..

lmao at yall talkin down on this, yet ate up the last two horrendous pieces of shit....

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2010, 03:15:46 PM »

lmao at yall talkin down on this, yet ate up the last two horrendous pieces of shit....

His last 2 albums were better than this album

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2010, 03:23:39 PM »

laughable...

i bet you were hoping for dre beats to huh?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »

laughable...

Nah. I am dead serious. Better lyrically and better beats on the other 2. Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It & Why We Thugs>I Am The West

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2010, 03:31:14 PM »

laughable...

Nah. I am dead serious. Better lyrically and better beats on the other 2. Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It & Why We Thugs>I Am The West

thats cool..we all got our own taste...maybe lyrically better on the other ones, but idk i preferred the beats on this one...guess im just in the minority this time around..

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2010, 03:44:24 PM »

laughable...

thats cool..we all got our own taste...maybe lyrically better on the other ones, but idk i preferred the beats on this one...guess im just in the minority this time around..

Yeah it's all good

Funkstradamus

« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2010, 01:00:19 AM »
Living In California is the only track im feeling....lovin the Domino hook...Jayo Felony's verse was weak as hell tho...

Jome

« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2010, 05:08:20 AM »
Living In California is the only track im feeling....lovin the Domino hook...Jayo Felony's verse was weak as hell tho...

Classic track, was just about to ask who did the hook..

Jayo's verse was simple, but still dope, imo.. 'the police ain't fuckin with me, knock on wood'.  8)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2010, 09:23:13 AM »
Looks like the only bonus tracks are Man Vs Machine and Pros vs Joes on I Tunes. Unless Best Buy, FYE or Target have something additional

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »
It's def Cube's worst solo album. Best tracks are "Nothing Like LA", "Your Money Or Your Life" and "Hood Robbin" with "No Country For Young Men", "Life In California", "Too West Coast" and "I Rep That West" following behind. I must say I'm a bit dissapointed with NCFYM tho, I was expecting Cube to drop names and add some fire into this silly 'old-new west' beef :)

The rest of the tracks are average at best. Most of them sounds like leftover material tho with "Urbanian" and "She Couldn't Make It On Her Own" being 2 of the worst tracks Cube ever recorded..

Overall, 5/10 album.

Now let's hope those Quik & E-A-Ski tracks going to be released as a bonus material when the album drops 8)

WTF man you name like 5-6 songs that u really like,and you only give it 5/10 thats a paradox homie.

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
The album is really mediocre, which is a shame. I had high hopes for this album  :-\

Jay_J

« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2010, 08:42:13 AM »
i think ice cube raised the expectation with raw footage lp...
thats why fans were expecting better.
to me, "i am the west" is not better or not even close to "raw footage"
BUT!
it is a fact that new west coast era made a big success and surprise in the beginning of this millenium with many albums and artists following 2001 album of dr. dre... you can count, xzibit's "restless, man vs machine" snoop's "the last meal, paid tha cost to be the Boss" kurupt's "space boogie" warren-g's "return of the regulator" nate's "music and me"... it was like a dream that no west coast fan wants to wake up... but after those golden years, still no dr.dre album, still no snoop album which is good enough, kurupt and daz? im not even expecting a good album anymore from them, xzibit??? dj.quik??? god, wake up people.... west coast music industry sucks for at least 5 years... and its very long time.
BUT!!(part 2)
there is still a west coast legend, who wanna keep the west coast stand in the industry. ice cube is working on a new era... first he tryed it for wc's album "guilty by affiliation" and he succeed... it was just a step for raw footage and raw footage was like a message of new rise of west coast. when you compare "i am the west" with other albums came outta west coast this year, you gonna realize ice cube is not the one you need to blame... i think "i am the west" is a good album and ice cube is still rapping hot and showing his legendary talent... im an huge eminem fan but i can't stand listening "i like the way you lie". and eminem is way more younger then ice cube and he still have many years to be a legend. ice cube is already a legend and he shows us he is still hungry for this shit. just support him people, he is the only one fighting for west coast rap in last couple of years.

he started and still keeping up this gangsta shit!
and this the motherfucking thanks he get? (Hello!!)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:57:02 AM by Cey_Cey »

David Gutterman

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2010, 12:20:17 AM »
Anticipointed!

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2010, 12:39:56 AM »
This new album does not represent its title. 

This.
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2010, 02:46:52 AM »
Just had my first listen, and I have to say that most tracks annoy me more than anything else. How could he have picked these beats? It's more of the same, in a bad way...