Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5269 times)

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2010, 06:12:01 AM »
Most of y'all are just negative.

For me, I first look at the positive things on the album.
It has a couple dope songs on it I can enjoy (Life In California, Too West Coast, I Rep That West, Drink The Kool-Aid, No Country For Young Men, Hood Robbin', Nothin' Like LA & Fat Cat)

Of course, all in all this album doesn't represent its title like said before. And it has some huge misstakes like She Couldn't Make It On Her Own, weak delivery on some tracks and lyrically not on point. But it is what it is, Cube makes music because he likes to, not to satisfy everyone. He stays true to himself and that's important to me. It's not easy to stay original and relevant after so many years, so for me, I just enjoy what he delivers.

All I'm saying is negativity shouldn't overrule positivity.

doggfather

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2010, 06:24:34 AM »
Not close to his best albums, but still a good one.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2010, 06:29:55 AM »
This new album does not represent its title. 

This.

True. The title makes it even worse!
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2010, 06:51:07 AM »
I don't know if I should check this out. People say it's worse than Raw Footage, and this was unlistenable for the most part.

It's time for Cube to retire, he should continue to work with WC and support him tho, cause Dub still has it. Let WC drop the albums,  he still knows what an album should sound like.

Paul

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2010, 06:52:56 AM »
I don't know if I should check this out. People say it's worse than Raw Footage, and this was unlistenable for the most part.

It's time for Cube to retire, he should continue to work with WC and support him tho, cause Dub still has it. Let WC drop the albums,  he still knows what an album should sound like.

Its worth checking. There are a few good songs, a few bad ones  :-\
funkyfreshintheflesh

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2010, 06:57:18 AM »

Its worth checking. There are a few good songs, a few bad ones  :-\

Well, in the end it's Cube so I have no choice. But I have a long queue and Cube's album is on the last spot now :P

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2010, 10:48:23 AM »
The album is really mediocre, which is a shame. I had high hopes for this album  :-\

Yeah. All the hype of Dr. Dre production and DJ Quik as well; all to be retracted right before the album drops. LAME. I would've gladly waited for that. Instead we get delay after delay for a mediocre album with nothing at all really. Ice Cube was dope. Too bad its past tense. He should've stayed signed to Aftermath. We probably would've gotten the dopest Ice Cube album ever made.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2010, 11:27:32 AM »
Most of y'all are just negative.

Or its just not a good album. Why be all positive about a disappointment?

For me, I first look at the positive things on the album.
It has a couple dope songs on it I can enjoy (Life In California, Too West Coast, I Rep That West, Drink The Kool-Aid, No Country For Young Men, Hood Robbin', Nothin' Like LA & Fat Cat)

A couple decent songs on an album doesn't make the album good.

Of course, all in all this album doesn't represent its title like said before. And it has some huge misstakes like She Couldn't Make It On Her Own, weak delivery on some tracks and lyrically not on point. But it is what it is, Cube makes music because he likes to, not to satisfy everyone. He stays true to himself and that's important to me. It's not easy to stay original and relevant after so many years, so for me, I just enjoy what he delivers.

I wouldn't call this original or relevant

All I'm saying is negativity shouldn't overrule positivity.

This is a thread to discuss an album, one which most people feel is weak. Are we supposed to be giving weak albums props now? What is the point of discussing albums if all we are doing is praising every album regardless of quality? It would take away from the great music that actually deserves praise.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 11:29:37 AM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »
pros vs joes produced by e a ski

https://www.youtube.com/v/GIsNBFJ5oCY

8)

snoopazz

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »
All this wait for that! wack album, no quality, some good tracks but damn it's his job!

In january, everybody was claimed it's the Westcoast year, but in fact it's the worst Westcoast year!

The only good albums this year is Mitchy Slick's Yellow Tape and XL Middleton & Young Sau "there goes the neighbourhood"

Paul

« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »

In january, everybody was claimed it's the Westcoast year, but in fact it's the worst Westcoast year!

The only good albums this year is Mitchy Slick's Yellow Tape and XL Middleton & Young Sau "there goes the neighbourhood"

Couldnt disagree more
funkyfreshintheflesh

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2010, 12:17:23 PM »

Couldnt disagree more

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!

Saber

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »
Pros vs Joes is good. Does any1 have the other bonus track ?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2010, 02:12:49 PM »
The album is really mediocre, which is a shame. I had high hopes for this album  :-\

Yeah. All the hype of Dr. Dre production and DJ Quik as well; all to be retracted right before the album drops. LAME. I would've gladly waited for that. Instead we get delay after delay for a mediocre album with nothing at all really. Ice Cube was dope. Too bad its past tense. He should've stayed signed to Aftermath. We probably would've gotten the dopest Ice Cube album ever made.

If he stayed or even signed for that matter on Aftermath, we still would be waiting on a album.