Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5281 times)

Cios

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2010, 02:44:02 PM »
You exaggerate.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the album is good, I haven't said that.
The album as a whole is pretty average to me, but I can look through it and light out the positive points so I can enjoy it for what it is.
I actually ment he's not original anymore and neither so relevant but he keeps coming with some dope music, altho it's going downwards. You shouldn't give a weak album props but alot comments are based on dissapointments. That doesn't mean it's wack. It's neither good, but all I'm saying is you shouldn't focus on the weaknesses of the album but start with the positive things.

Most of y'all are just negative.

Or its just not a good album. Why be all positive about a disappointment?

For me, I first look at the positive things on the album.
It has a couple dope songs on it I can enjoy (Life In California, Too West Coast, I Rep That West, Drink The Kool-Aid, No Country For Young Men, Hood Robbin', Nothin' Like LA & Fat Cat)

A couple decent songs on an album doesn't make the album good.

Of course, all in all this album doesn't represent its title like said before. And it has some huge misstakes like She Couldn't Make It On Her Own, weak delivery on some tracks and lyrically not on point. But it is what it is, Cube makes music because he likes to, not to satisfy everyone. He stays true to himself and that's important to me. It's not easy to stay original and relevant after so many years, so for me, I just enjoy what he delivers.

I wouldn't call this original or relevant

All I'm saying is negativity shouldn't overrule positivity.

This is a thread to discuss an album, one which most people feel is weak. Are we supposed to be giving weak albums props now? What is the point of discussing albums if all we are doing is praising every album regardless of quality? It would take away from the great music that actually deserves praise.

GfUnKLBC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We hold it down, from da turf to da pen.
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2010, 02:45:35 PM »
v. poor album

disspointed men
Now you don't see what I see
6 keys for a hundred g's
I take a look in the mirror
see myself livin the dream
takin over things, runnin million dolla schemes

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit

shu

« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2010, 03:20:53 PM »
you got man vs machine too ?

Matty

Young Old Head

Cash Money Blood Gang

MR X To Tha Z

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • im high out my mind and i know im the shit
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
you got man vs machine too ?
nah haven't got it, this is the link from locksmith's twitter!

TRG

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2010, 05:06:24 PM »
You exaggerate.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the album is good, I haven't said that.
The album as a whole is pretty average to me, but I can look through it and light out the positive points so I can enjoy it for what it is.
I actually ment he's not original anymore and neither so relevant but he keeps coming with some dope music, altho it's going downwards. You shouldn't give a weak album props but alot comments are based on dissapointments. That doesn't mean it's wack. It's neither good, but all I'm saying is you shouldn't focus on the weaknesses of the album but start with the positive things.

Most of y'all are just negative.

Or its just not a good album. Why be all positive about a disappointment?

For me, I first look at the positive things on the album.
It has a couple dope songs on it I can enjoy (Life In California, Too West Coast, I Rep That West, Drink The Kool-Aid, No Country For Young Men, Hood Robbin', Nothin' Like LA & Fat Cat)

A couple decent songs on an album doesn't make the album good.

Of course, all in all this album doesn't represent its title like said before. And it has some huge misstakes like She Couldn't Make It On Her Own, weak delivery on some tracks and lyrically not on point. But it is what it is, Cube makes music because he likes to, not to satisfy everyone. He stays true to himself and that's important to me. It's not easy to stay original and relevant after so many years, so for me, I just enjoy what he delivers.

I wouldn't call this original or relevant

All I'm saying is negativity shouldn't overrule positivity.

This is a thread to discuss an album, one which most people feel is weak. Are we supposed to be giving weak albums props now? What is the point of discussing albums if all we are doing is praising every album regardless of quality? It would take away from the great music that actually deserves praise.

I listen to Cube because I expect above average shit. If this were some random no-name rapper, I wouldn't care. Hell, I probably wouldn't even listen to it. But its because its Cube, the legend, with a classic catalog, that I'm disappointed. Why should I bother checking for rappers who release averaqe or mediocre material? The reason we are all Cube fans is because he's released some classic shit over the years. So when he releases his worst album so far I think we as fans have a right to be disappointed and voice that disappointment. If we accept mediocre music from rappers who are capable of more, what incentive will they have to be the best they can be?

Some of y'all on here will defend a rapper to the death, no matter what they put out. Which I think is pretty funny. I don't even consider those people real fans. I become a fan of rappers based on the music they put out, not on some imaginary relationship I form with them where I feel the need to ride or die for them.

SAINTX111

• 'G'
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
The album is really mediocre, which is a shame. I had high hopes for this album  :-\

Yeah. All the hype of Dr. Dre production and DJ Quik as well; all to be retracted right before the album drops. LAME. I would've gladly waited for that. Instead we get delay after delay for a mediocre album with nothing at all really. Ice Cube was dope. Too bad its past tense. He should've stayed signed to Aftermath. We probably would've gotten the dopest Ice Cube album ever made.

If he stayed or even signed for that matter on Aftermath, we still would be waiting on a album.

I'd rather keep waiting than have this garbage, wouldn't you? At least when it DID come out, it would be fucking sick.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »
Pros Vs Joes the end of the first verse is definitely directed at Glasses. I am loving this track.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »
The album is really mediocre, which is a shame. I had high hopes for this album  :-\

Yeah. All the hype of Dr. Dre production and DJ Quik as well; all to be retracted right before the album drops. LAME. I would've gladly waited for that. Instead we get delay after delay for a mediocre album with nothing at all really. Ice Cube was dope. Too bad its past tense. He should've stayed signed to Aftermath. We probably would've gotten the dopest Ice Cube album ever made.

If he stayed or even signed for that matter on Aftermath, we still would be waiting on a album.

I'd rather keep waiting than have this garbage, wouldn't you? At least when it DID come out, it would be fucking sick.

This is his 3rd indie album and when he was rumored to sign to Aftermath, Dre was still working on Detox damn near. 2 solid albums and one ehh one for me. Cube does not need Dre to help him put out albums. Yeah them working together would be nice but we all seen where that goes.