Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5270 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell

Raiders4Life

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a RAIDER!
Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2010, 10:40:55 PM »
wow this one is great too! wonder who did the beat :o 8)

According to Wikipedia... DJ Quik.

Matty

« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2010, 10:54:13 PM »

i'd be dubious about that...but its got a lot of nice elements....pro production whoever did it...

Trizzle

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • #Section80
« Reply #140 on: September 29, 2010, 03:47:35 AM »
Cube must shoot video for Hood Robbin' fo real,  best track from Cd imo

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2010, 05:25:10 AM »
The album is really mediocre, which is a shame. I had high hopes for this album  :-\

Yeah. All the hype of Dr. Dre production and DJ Quik as well; all to be retracted right before the album drops. LAME. I would've gladly waited for that. Instead we get delay after delay for a mediocre album with nothing at all really. Ice Cube was dope. Too bad its past tense. He should've stayed signed to Aftermath. We probably would've gotten the dopest Ice Cube album ever made.

If he stayed or even signed for that matter on Aftermath, we still would be waiting on a album.

I'd rather keep waiting than have this garbage, wouldn't you? At least when it DID come out, it would be fucking sick.
that's a big IF

like i said in the other topic, Ice Cube stated that he didn't use any quik beats...

Billooh

• 'G'
  • O.G. Billooh
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2010, 06:19:03 AM »
This album in total was poor.....

I know that Cube wants to make some banging tracks.... but the productions SUCK'd on the album, besides SIR JINX's "LIFE IN CALIFORNIA", and a few others (the hallway was ok, so was the nothing in L.A.)

Basically, i think cube should hook up together AGAIN with the ORIGINAL LENCH MOB, from the 90's (Sir Jinx, Chilly Chill, J-dee, Yo-Yo, K-Dee, Del etc etc.....) IMO. he should get some more productions from his former group producers Sir Jinx & Chilly Chill... their productions are banging.... just look at Life in California....... Am i right????????

WHAT YOU THINK ????
You Wanna Know How The West Was Won?

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2010, 10:19:23 AM »

Matty

« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2010, 10:35:51 AM »

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
This album in total was poor.....

I know that Cube wants to make some banging tracks.... but the productions SUCK'd on the album, besides SIR JINX's "LIFE IN CALIFORNIA", and a few others (the hallway was ok, so was the nothing in L.A.)

Basically, i think cube should hook up together AGAIN with the ORIGINAL LENCH MOB, from the 90's (Sir Jinx, Chilly Chill, J-dee, Yo-Yo, K-Dee, Del etc etc.....) IMO. he should get some more productions from his former group producers Sir Jinx & Chilly Chill... their productions are banging.... just look at Life in California....... Am i right????????

WHAT YOU THINK ????

I remeber one interview CUBE did, he said most the Lench Mob is done they ain't got it no more and that was years ago.  I am not sure how many would work with him again.  Obviously Jinx.  The best beat IMO, as well as lyrics/flow/content is No Country For Young Men. Too West had a similar beat to g Shit from Dub C.  I'm not hatin on Cube but I was expecting a bangin album since it was called "I am the West" and its CUBE.  Imma give Raw Fotage a listen again cuz I didn't feel it when it came out.  Never Know  8)

B.A.

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2010, 03:06:28 PM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.

Those 2 tracks are only on I-Tunes

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2010, 05:01:51 PM »
Just gave this a listen and I'm definitely disappointed...has a few dope tracks but overall I expect a lot more from Cube.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »
heard the bonus tracks...the one by ea ski coulda gave the album a just bit more juice..shit is dope..

the one by quik though...lol wouldnt have changed a damn thing...shit is awful and the beat is dissapointing...generic as hell...theres plenty tracks on the album tighter than that one..really did sound like a leftover..

either way...props to cube...i bought it yesterday....but next one gotta step it up a bit homie....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 05:12:34 PM by J-FUNKTION »