Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5285 times)

B.A.

Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #150 on: September 29, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.

Those 2 tracks are only on I-Tunes

Damn! I guess I just have to buy the cd as it is and buy the Itunes bonus tracks separately. They better not decide to release a collector edition cd in the near future with the bonus tracks included, that would be messed up.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.

Damn! I guess I just have to buy the cd as it is and buy the Itunes bonus tracks separately. They better not decide to release a collector edition cd in the near future with the bonus tracks included, that would be messed up.

Just a heads up...you cannot buy the ITunes bonus tracks alone. You must purchase the entire album to obtain them.

Billooh

• 'G'
  • O.G. Billooh
« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »
This album in total was poor.....

I know that Cube wants to make some banging tracks.... but the productions SUCK'd on the album, besides SIR JINX's "LIFE IN CALIFORNIA", and a few others (the hallway was ok, so was the nothing in L.A.)

Basically, i think cube should hook up together AGAIN with the ORIGINAL LENCH MOB, from the 90's (Sir Jinx, Chilly Chill, J-dee, Yo-Yo, K-Dee, Del etc etc.....) IMO. he should get some more productions from his former group producers Sir Jinx & Chilly Chill... their productions are banging.... just look at Life in California....... Am i right????????

WHAT YOU THINK ????

I remeber one interview CUBE did, he said most the Lench Mob is done they ain't got it no more and that was years ago.  I am not sure how many would work with him again.  Obviously Jinx.  The best beat IMO, as well as lyrics/flow/content is No Country For Young Men. Too West had a similar beat to g Shit from Dub C.  I'm not hatin on Cube but I was expecting a bangin album since it was called "I am the West" and its CUBE.  Imma give Raw Fotage a listen again cuz I didn't feel it when it came out.  Never Know  8)

Yeah i know, they had some problems i think... i read on a lot of interviews that cube never paid them for their work, and therefor they didn't want to work with him or something........ but then another interview i heard that cube said he was cool with everyone of them again now..

And about the album and cube.... Cube is a legend in this hip/Hop & Rap, and when he turns out with an album called "I AM THE WEST" i defently expected more tracks just like the "LIFE IN CALIFORNIA"... the "NOTHING LIKE L.A." ..........   I don't know why Cube wouldn't like to hook up with Scott Storch or some other big producers again........ "Why We Thugs" were off the hook??!!!
But i know all of you expected a lot more when you hear the Title of the Album and when you hear that it's Cube making it.

BUT now let's be positive, I AM THE WEST has some good tracks: Life in California, Nothing like LA, I Rep That West, Hood Robbin.

i aint hating on cube, im a fan, i like his work, i just expected more west coast album!
You Wanna Know How The West Was Won?

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2010, 03:45:47 AM »
Scrap "Soul On Ice", change the chorus on "Urbanian" (Google me bitch wtf?!), Cut the annoying sample on "No Country for Young Men", new chorus for "Life In California" a different flow in Cube's verse, exchange "All Day Every Day" and "It Is What It Is" with "Pros vs. Joes" and "Man vs. Machine", change the order of the tracks and you got a pretty cool album. But in this way it's just average WITH the bonus tracks.

"Y'all Know Who I Am" grew a bit on me though...
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

BuddyRoe

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
I just downlaoded this album. I am going to have to check this out. I don't believe he dropped an album, without major demand for it. Hope he didnt got wood like DORROUGH did the first week with 5k being sold the 1st week!

StrEiht Up Menace

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • i hav a massive dick
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2010, 09:41:19 AM »
I just downlaoded this album. I am going to have to check this out. I don't believe he dropped an album, without major demand for it. Hope he didnt got wood like DORROUGH did the first week with 5k being sold the 1st week!
my advice to u is to delete it now and format ur harddrive

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »
I can't imagine this album doing very well. It isn't being received well and it doesn't have a big single for it like Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »

Just a heads up...you cannot buy the ITunes bonus tracks alone. You must purchase the entire album to obtain them.
lol what a great marketing strategy

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #158 on: September 30, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »
I can't imagine this album doing very well. It isn't being received well and it doesn't have a big single for it like Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It.

hitsdailydouble predicts it will be around 24-27k sold 1st week. I know Cube said something on twitter that a large majority of Target stores did not even recieve copies of the album.

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #159 on: September 30, 2010, 02:01:54 PM »
I got the album & played it for one day & never put it back on. I don't know what happened.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

Brown Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I type with my dick so forgive me for the typos
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2010, 02:52:06 PM »
I must be krazy but I liked the album. It is what it is!

Laconic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Barracuda With It.
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »

I like it as well although I could do without 4 tracks and then add the bonus cuts in their place.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »

I like it as well although I could do without 4 tracks and then add the bonus cuts in their place.

It's starting to grow on me a little bit. Definitely a bass chaser in a proper system, southern beats or not LMAO

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #163 on: September 30, 2010, 06:14:23 PM »

It's starting to grow on me a little bit. Definitely a bass chaser in a proper system, southern beats or not LMAO

Well, without this significantl title it wouldn't be a big deal anyway.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Stashh

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #164 on: September 30, 2010, 06:31:43 PM »
cube fell off so much hes career finished