Author Topic: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]  (Read 5279 times)

Blasphemy

Re: Ice_Cube-I_Am_The_West-2010 [Discussion Thread]
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.

Those 2 tracks are only on I-Tunes

Damn! I guess I just have to buy the cd as it is and buy the Itunes bonus tracks separately. They better not decide to release a collector edition cd in the near future with the bonus tracks included, that would be messed up.

Just a heads up...you cannot buy the ITunes bonus tracks alone. You must purchase the entire album to obtain them.
lol what a great marketing strategy

Wow, Ice Cube went out like a bitch niggaz imo. Yeah that's a perfect business movie also, I'm not gonna lie, is it fair? hell no.  lol oh well I got the 2 tracks, and I getting my copy 2morrow

doggfather

« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2010, 12:02:51 AM »
After 4 vid of this record (i rep that west, drink the kool-aid she couldn't ya all know) and we waitin for too west coast I think from this record there will be an og version, like LNCL.
I'm gonna waitin with the buyin.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2010, 12:52:22 AM »
Has anyone been able to buy the actual cd with Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine on it? I went last night to Best Buy expecting the cd they were selling to include the bonus tracks but it only had the original 16 tracks. I then went to Zia Records (a local record shop) and they also only had the cd with the original 16 tracks. So I didn't end up buying anything, I'm holding off until I can buy the album with the bonus tracks included. I know you can download the tracks from Itunes and probably Amazon but I wanted them on the actual cd if that's possible. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks.

By the way I checked out Pros vs. Joes and Man vs. Machine and I think if they would have left out the 5 or so south-style songs and added in these two in their place it would have made for a better album; I intend to make my own version of I Am The West as soon as I buy it.

Damn! I guess I just have to buy the cd as it is and buy the Itunes bonus tracks separately. They better not decide to release a collector edition cd in the near future with the bonus tracks included, that would be messed up.

Just a heads up...you cannot buy the ITunes bonus tracks alone. You must purchase the entire album to obtain them.

This is nothing new. This has been practically the case with every album released in the last couple of years. His last two albums had iTunes bonus tracks as well. Apparently no one except me buys physical copies anymore. You would think there would be some kind of reward for actually going to the record store and picking up the album, instead of missing out on songs.

westside159

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2010, 08:05:45 AM »
this album isnt very good . cube dissapointed me  maybe next go .

Hood robbin is playable tho

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2010, 08:09:26 AM »

This is nothing new. This has been practically the case with every album released in the last couple of years. His last two albums had iTunes bonus tracks as well. Apparently no one except me buys physical copies anymore. You would think there would be some kind of reward for actually going to the record store and picking up the album, instead of missing out on songs.

His last 2 albums the bonus tracks were through Best Buy and Target. LNCL had 4, 2 only Best Buy sold and the other 2 Target sold. Raw Footage had 3 and those were available at Best Buy. This is the first album I can remember from him that his bonus tracks were exclusively on ITunes. Sign of the times I guess.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2010, 08:22:35 AM »

His last 2 albums the bonus tracks were through Best Buy and Target. LNCL had 4, 2 only Best Buy sold and the other 2 Target sold. Raw Footage had 3 and those were available at Best Buy. This is the first album I can remember from him that his bonus tracks were exclusively on ITunes. Sign of the times I guess.

According to wikipedia, both LNCL and Raw Footage had itunes bonus tracks. Not that I would actually go to any of these stores to verify this.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »

According to wikipedia, both LNCL and Raw Footage had itunes bonus tracks. Not that I would actually go to any of these stores to verify this.

LNCL had Pockets Stay Fat. Raw Footage had Believe It Or Not. My bad, but yeah normally he would offer bonus tracks with a hard copy purchase from one of those 2 outlets.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »

well normally you can buy the bonus tracks separately, but according to Laconic you have to buy the whole album first, so that's new to me

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2010, 11:30:54 AM »

well normally you can buy the bonus tracks separately, but according to Laconic you have to buy the whole album first, so that's new to me

umm nope that's always been the case. For both LNCL and Raw Footage the bonus tracks only come along with the album. That's why its called a "bonus" track. Its a bonus in addition to buying the album.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:35:48 AM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

Blasphemy

« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »
^Literally the first time I heard about something like that. I have bought Physical copies of LNCL and Raw Footage. (LNCL original not the reissues).

Isn't the entire point of Digital stores to get the tracks u want. That defeats part of the purpose imo.

Stashh

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #175 on: October 01, 2010, 02:53:42 PM »
cube old ass need to retire

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #176 on: October 01, 2010, 04:13:25 PM »
^Literally the first time I heard about something like that. I have bought Physical copies of LNCL and Raw Footage. (LNCL original not the reissues).

Isn't the entire point of Digital stores to get the tracks u want. That defeats part of the purpose imo.

If most people are only buying a couple songs off itunes it kills albums sales. I don't know if including bonus tracks actually works but presumably its to get more people to buy the whole album.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2010, 01:24:55 AM »
ok album but his last 2 were better

and i will put sir lucious left foot and revenue retreivin and 100 wayz ahead of this

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2010, 03:24:25 AM »
'Too West Coast' is fuckin crazy. Almost broke my neck bobbing my head to that shit, Damn.

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2010, 04:59:10 AM »
urbanian was weird i like this