Author Topic: the most perfect career in Hiphop?  (Read 694 times)

Matty

Re: the most perfect career in Hiphop?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 11:22:08 AM »
i'm not a big fan but this has to be jay-z.

Muhfukka

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »
this is the dumbest thing to try and argue about

Blood$

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 11:27:08 AM »
this is the dumbest thing to try and argue about

but this has to be jay-z.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 11:32:18 AM »
jigga jay-z, by far. Dude's a billionnaire, still on top after all these years, that's every rappers dream

Blood$

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2010, 12:10:45 PM »
yeah the man has it all, even his own brand of tobacco

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2010, 01:02:19 PM »
Rapsodie
dude, serioulsy. in every thread that u pop up in, u always give out the impression that ur either desillusioned or just stupid. how can i debate wit a person who confuses music with lyrics?
LL got more plaques? in what dimension..? planet "Not-True"? as a matter of fact, Snoops first album sold more than LL's first 2 albums (LL's biggest albums to date) combined...
 ima give u 24 hours to study, cuz right now ur embarassing urself..
how the hell can u compare LL wit Snoop's career, and think that LL's career is more succsful? dude, there's even a saying alot of rappers used before called - "makin a comeback like LL Cool J".. heard of it before.. aparently not. lmao
LL's been around since 85, but he fell off n disappeard millions of times. just like Ice Cube.. there were times when they weren't active, wit either music and movies.. none of em comes close wit Snoops career..
how can u say Snoop isn't relevant? seriosuly?
are u blind or just not keepin up wit the times?.. when's the last time, an artist reached out to Cube and LL, for an attention-seeking 16-bar guestappearnce? how many faetures? ummmm.. let's see.. what's a more succesfull marketing-aproach from a recordlabel-standpoint, to feature a verse from og Cube or og LL on ur single - or a verse by Snoop..? "oh let see, im coming out in the game - and i need a guestappearnce for my single. hey, let's call Ice Cube or LL Cool J".. lmao
Snoop was even the #1 go-to-guy for features back in the 90's, when LL and Cube were still active and relevant musically..
Snoop's done more than 700 guestappearancs in music (not solely HipHop) since he started.. world-record
now is that by chance, or maybe because he is relevant? lmao, u dumb mufucca
"oh, let's see - we're doin this tv-show right now. and we should call one of these rappers? let's call Ice Cube or LL.."
when's the last time u saw Cube or LL on Letterman or Leno (for example)? 1996?
you do the math, moron..

and i dont get this Jay-Z thing. just because duke is caked up like a muffucka, yall look at it like he's the biggest succesful of all time. thats desillusional and wrong.
if that would be the case, we might as well say that Master P is the most succesful rapper of all time - cus he got waay more money than Jay-Z.
longevity without fall-offs, sustaining supesrtar-dom is the biggest accomplishment of all, and outweighs everything else. a superstar since the first day - 17 years. no rapper has acchieved that, except this LongBeach-character. that's why Snoop holds it down, wit the best career of all time in HipHop. period..
jay-z been strugglin since 1989 when he ran wit Jaz-O n that "hawain Sophee"-single shit.. he didnt really blew up until 98 (11 years later lol) wit "Hard Knock Life" - and he dindt become a global household-name until he became the president of Def Jam, n signed Rihanna like 2 or 3 years ago. Snoop was a global (i repeat "global") superstar in 1993, and continued to be 17 years later - and at the same time been more productive than ANY other rapper, period..
no rapper has released 37 official projects (14 of them were albums). not a single one.. not even the hardest working undeground cats.
i'll wait.. who? Lil' Wayne? uhmmm... nooo Jay-Z? nooo 50 Cent? Eminem? Cube? LL (lol)? no, no, no and noo..
name one rapper wit more than 37 releases.. there's not even that many posthumous 2pac-releases, lol...
the hollywood-gang of the hiphop-world - Ice Cube and LL Cool J. Snoop's been in more mainstream tv-shows and movies than both of them combined..

global recognition...
this sums up and ends this whole debate...
the first rappers that comes to mind when you're speaking about rappers overseas - is Eminem, 50 cent and Snoop.. not friggin Jay-Z (Rihanna is bigger than Jay-Z globally), Ice Cube or LL Cool J..
that's acchievement - a household name overseas, and there's three of 'em if you generalise - and Snoop comes out the winner, cus he maintained the superstar-dom since day one for 17 years straight, never disappeared or fell off. Em and 50 struggled for many years before they blew up, and Em also disappeard for almost 6 years during his career.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:09:34 PM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

Anunikke

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »
Rapsodie
dude, serioulsy. in every thread that u pop up in, u always give out the impression that ur either desillusioned or just stupid. how can i debate wit a person who confuses music with lyrics?
LL got more plaques? in what dimension..? planet "Not-True"? as a matter of fact, Snoops first album sold more than LL's first 2 albums (LL's biggest albums to date) combined...
 ima give u 24 hours to study, cuz right now ur embarassing urself..
how the hell can u compare LL wit Snoop's career, and think that LL's career is more succsful? dude, there's even a saying alot of rappers used before called - "makin a comeback like LL Cool J".. heard of it before.. aparently not. lmao
LL's been around since 85, but he fell off n disappeard millions of times. just like Ice Cube.. there were times when they weren't active, wit either music and movies.. none of em comes close wit Snoops career..
how can u say Snoop isn't relevant? seriosuly?
are u blind or just not keepin up wit the times?.. when's the last time, an artist reached out to Cube and LL, for an attention-seeking 16-bar guestappearnce? how many faetures? ummmm.. let's see.. what's a more succesfull marketing-aproach from a recordlabel-standpoint, to feature a verse from og Cube or og LL on ur single - or a verse by Snoop..? "oh let see, im coming out in the game - and i need a guestappearnce for my single. hey, let's call Ice Cube or LL Cool J".. lmao
Snoop was even the #1 go-to-guy for features back in the 90's, when LL and Cube were still active and relevant musically..
Snoop's done more than 700 guestappearancs in music (not solely HipHop) since he started.. world-record
now is that by chance, or maybe because he is relevant? lmao, u dumb mufucca
"oh, let's see - we're doin this tv-show right now. and we should call one of these rappers? let's call Ice Cube or LL.."
when's the last time u saw Cube or LL on Letterman or Leno (for example)? 1996?
you do the math, moron..

and i dont get this Jay-Z thing. just because duke is caked up like a muffucka, yall look at it like he's the biggest succesful of all time. thats desillusional and wrong.
if that would be the case, we might as well say that Master P is the most succesful rapper of all time - cus he got waay more money than Jay-Z.
longevity without fall-offs, sustaining supesrtar-dom is the biggest accomplishment of all, and outweighs everything else. a superstar since the first day - 17 years. no rapper has acchieved that, except this LongBeach-character. that's why Snoop holds it down, wit the best career of all time in HipHop. period..
jay-z been strugglin since 1989 when he ran wit Jaz-O n that "hawain Sophee"-single shit.. he didnt really blew up until 98 (11 years later lol) wit "Hard Knock Life" - and he dindt become a global household-name until he became the president of Def Jam, n signed Rihanna like 2 or 3 years ago. Snoop was a global (i repeat "global") superstar in 1993, and continued to be 17 years later - and at the same time been more productive than ANY other rapper, period..
no rapper has released 37 official projects (14 of them were albums). not a single one.. not even the hardest working undeground cats.
i'll wait.. who? Lil' Wayne? uhmmm... nooo Jay-Z? nooo 50 Cent? Eminem? Cube? LL (lol)? no, no, no and noo..
name one rapper wit more than 37 releases.. there's not even that many posthumous 2pac-releases, lol...
the hollywood-gang of the hiphop-world - Ice Cube and LL Cool J. Snoop's been in more mainstream tv-shows and movies than both of them combined..

global recognition...
this sums up and ends this whole debate...
the first rappers that comes to mind when you're speaking about rappers overseas - is Eminem, 50 cent and Snoop.. not friggin Jay-Z (Rihanna is bigger than Jay-Z globally), Ice Cube or LL Cool J..
that's acchievement - a household name overseas, and there's three of 'em if you generalise - and Snoop comes out the winner, cus he maintained the superstar-dom since day one for 17 years straight, never disappeared or fell off. Em and 50 struggled for many years before they blew up, and Em also disappeard for almost 6 years during his career.
Long Beach Is Active has some competition lol

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »
^For real, is that guy joking? LOL.

He calls Jay out for "falling off", when Snoop Dogg hasn't made something good in almost twenty years lol.

Snoop isn't relevant, his talk show argument is retarded. He's on those show's because he's a popular name, but it's far from being relevant in Hip Hop & Jay-Z is on those shows & SNL whenever he drops something.

This guy says 37 projects, when only one of them was great & the other 36 are average with a few shades of greatness here & there.

Jay-Z sells millions every album, is the only guy from the 90's still relevant on the radio & hands down has the most ideal Hip Hop career.

Like I said, Snoop Dogg is just hanging on to things that happened 20 years ago.

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »
^For real, is that guy joking? LOL.

He calls Jay out for "falling off", when Snoop Dogg hasn't made something good in almost twenty years lol.

Snoop isn't relevant, his talk show argument is retarded. He's on those show's because he's a popular name, but it's far from being relevant in Hip Hop & Jay-Z is on those shows & SNL whenever he drops something.

This guy says 37 projects, when only one of them was great & the other 36 are average with a few shades of greatness here & there.

Jay-Z sells millions every album, is the only guy from the 90's still relevant on the radio & hands down has the most ideal Hip Hop career.

Like I said, Snoop Dogg is just hanging on to things that happened 20 years ago.

idiot.. "falling-off" - im talking about from a media-perspective and a creative-perspecive.. i though that was pretty obvious?
 are u stupid?
plus, what's good is a matter of subjectiveness.. nothing is better, cause you think so..

******He's on those show's because he's a popular name********
no shit, Einstein. he's a popular name. superstar-satus, which he maintaned throughout the years. hence, the debate about the "best" career..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 03:28:42 PM by imsohappydatmydiccsbig »

Matty

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2010, 03:19:24 PM »
imsohappydatmydiccsbig, you make a reasonable argument for snoop having a better overall career than camel. he has done more in the quantity sense and probably better quality at his peak too. and the worldwide name recognition is a fair point, he's probably known by more people and demographics than jay worldwide. but jay has evolved in a sense of being a business person and expanding his shit in a legitimate way. snoop's business ventures seem a bit tacky in comparison. both are rich as hell. music wise i don't care for him but jay's recent albums have been a lot more solid than some of snoop's efforts (malice in wonderland). its all very subjective and not something i care too much about at the end of the day. but others may be so bothered as to argue this point all day long.

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »
yeah, it's all very subjective. but at the end of the day, i feel like the "perfect/best" career can be evaluated and measured.. people tend to define "perfection" in a career, depending on the subjects size of his paperstacks.. lol
im off this bitch now, before some bitter dubcc-crackhead comes through and yells at me for callin Snoop "the king of the west coast"...  :laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 03:31:55 PM »
His argument is basically, "who is the bigger name?". That's debateable, but Jay at least has put out at worst "average" music over the years, where Snoop has progressively gotten worse.

Snoop's name doesn't live off his music, he's a Black icon who people just know. He's like Jordan in terms that even if you never watched a Basketball game in your life, you know the name Michael Jordan. Even if you despise Hip-Hop, you know the name "Snoop Dogg".

Jay's career isn't even over, but still highly relevant in the mainstream game, where Snoop's rap career ended years ago, with his occasional poppy-catchy single he puts out to just shove the name out there.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 05:03:23 PM »
Eminem disappeared for almost 6 years, with no relevance at all.. and Jay-Z had plenty of hiatuses during his career. From the Jaz-O days as a teenager to the early Roc-a-fella career.. there were times in his career where he almost didn't exist..

the keyword im looking for here is. "sustaining superstar status from the day your career begins, tll present day".. the only one in HipHop-history who acchieved that is Snoop Dogg. that's why he has the best/perfect career of all rappers...
Dissapearing and "falling off" are not the same thing. If the media/public are still talking about you during a hiatus, you're still relevant. I'm curious as to know where this is "almost 6 years" number comes from. In terms of solo projects, Encore came out in November 2004 and Relapse in May 2009. Then there's the "Curtain Call" hits album that came out during the holiday season in 2005 with singles/videos released that went #1 and stayed on the charts for quite a bit of time. There's also that "Eminem Presents Re-Up" in 2006 that did better first week numbers than either of Snoop's solo efforts in '04 and '06 respectively with not a lot of radio play and promotion going in.

I'll give Snoop credit in terms of work ethic during this time. But being able to stay working as a major name and having the most succesful career are two different things.

Can we get a full release breakdown on these 37 official projects?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 08:49:07 PM »
lmao, nice paragraph. I'm not gonna bother reading all that considering its on some radiotube-type shit. Suffice it to say you're in denial about LL Cool J's popularity. His first 11 albums went either gold or platinum.

As far as comebacks, yeah yeah, everyone knows the saying "Don't Call It a Comeback." But you fail to realize that LL Cool J's "comeback" was after he dropped a platinum album! People accused him of falling off because of the quality of his albums and the fact he was making so many soft songs. By that logic Snoop would have been irrelevant by his second album.

You're not making any sense. First you want to base this on longevity, now you want overall popularity? Pick one and stick with it. Cause either one Snoop isn't at the top.

And why do you keep avoiding the fact that Snoop is no longer relevant? That kills your whole argument.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 09:02:08 PM »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_Only

For instance, try 47 solo albums? There's a lot of rappers out there with bigger discographies than snoop. This is just one example.