Author Topic: Ed Miliband Wins Labour Leadership Contest In UK  (Read 428 times)

LONDON!!

Ed Miliband Wins Labour Leadership Contest In UK
« on: September 25, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
Yeah ed milliband won that shit, he ain't old labour but most importantly he isn't new labour either, he ain't a blarite(a tony blair school of thinking supporter) or brownite(a gordon brown school of thinking supporter), you get what i'm saying, he's a centrist that isn't some fake undercover tory(the conversatives goverment thats in power over here) in new labour sheep clothing, for real

i'm definetly gonna vote for him at the next general elections to kick out this fake coalition thats in power, i can't belive i voted for this power hungry(but has know real power, he just likes the prestige of power), weakheart, can't stand up for his values, lets the tory's trample all over them wit there evil policy's, believes anything he hears, sheeple nick clegg, the leader of the liberal democrats the tory's are in coalition govement wit over here, is this is really what i voted for?, i'll never make that mistake again, no i won't

its ed milliband all the way, thank god, because i was gonna abstain from voting at the next general election, the rest of the candidates were blarites and brownites, fuck that shit, hell nah, ed milliband all the way, lets go, he wants to lift up miminum wage(if he could lift it it up to £6.50($12.25) or £7($14) this would be great, because i could get a miminum wage mc'd's(mcdonalds) job today, because i need a £6 an hour mininum job just to pay the rent and bills and i live in the chepest type of accomadation you can get out here, thats housing association rented flats through being in homeless hostels linked to these housing associations, imagine how expensive it is in the council and private rented property sector, thats how expensive london is, big up all my human beings living in the poverty trap in uk, especially heads who have kids and shit) and reverse these evil cut's bullshit, hating on the poor & powerless that the tory's are doing to public services over here, fuck the tory's
"get this money by any means nessassary"

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ed Miliband Wins Labour Leadership Contest In UK
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »
i was thinking David Miliband was the favourite. glad he didnt get it though, he was right up Blair's arse if i remember right.

although i think you're mistaken if you think Ed is gonna be this revolutionary, all-that's-good figure. obv he's gonna challenge Tory policies and what not, but Labour's been getting more and more like the Tories since the 90s. i know you said he's not New Labour, but tbh i can't see a whole lot changing.

i'm from Scotland, and voted SNP last election, and will be for forseeable future. so tbh with Tories/LibDems in power, hopefully more people in Scotland will want to escape that and vote SNP in the future :P

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 01:41:56 PM »
Yeah, that's good news. Congratulations, because I'm a Progressive Democrat in America and we're facing similar circumstances to y'all.

In America it's Progressives vs Clintonites/DLCs and the DLCs and New Labour work together a lot even to the point where DLCs will go to Britain to help New Labour win their bullshit policies and they test ideas in Britain before they come here and try to push stuff.

Here the DLCs run the party still but we're comin up from the underground and we just might take it soon.

LONDON!!

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 07:31:16 PM »
@get it off ya chest

i never said or wasn't trying to imply that ed miliband is perfect or a revolutionary or anything crazy like that, he's a centrist and apart from raising mininum wage and rolling back some of the draconian tory cuts on public services, i don't think he's gonna do anything to radical, but i don't think he's a warmonger neither, i doubt he will jumping on any imperialist invasion bandwagon that the US goverment initiates like blair did

and snp is a good party to vote for in scotland, they have proved they have backbone and are human beings on a level

@sami
exactly, the new labour movement was influenced by clinton type manoveurs, marshalled by a undercover tory recruited spy in the 80's, to spy on the nuclear disarmament protestors in the 80's, tony blair who turned old labour into like a undercover tory light or sumthin and i can definetly believe the clintonites and new labour influence each other, just like the tory's mimic the worst of US goverment policy's from both party's

what do you think of dennis kucinuch?

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 03:19:27 AM »
Honestly I feel like Kucinich is a con-man. He talks all progressive for money then consistently sabotages any major progressive move to get his ass on TV.

We have young progressives coming up every day though and we'll probably have Health Care for All in California soon (because health care for all is more cost-efficient than the traditional American system) if Jerry Brown wins, because our state passed it 3 times but Schwarzenegger vetoed it.

The future of progress is in the youth because a lot of young people have challenged the DLCs and drove the Clintonites from the state party, which is why so many of them have helped Schwarzenegger over the years.

LONDON!!

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »
Honestly I feel like Kucinich is a con-man. He talks all progressive for money then consistently sabotages any major progressive move to get his ass on TV.

We have young progressives coming up every day though and we'll probably have Health Care for All in California soon (because health care for all is more cost-efficient than the traditional American system) if Jerry Brown wins, because our state passed it 3 times but Schwarzenegger vetoed it.

The future of progress is in the youth because a lot of young people have challenged the DLCs and drove the Clintonites from the state party, which is why so many of them have helped Schwarzenegger over the years.

thats what i'm saying fam, i heard he was a bit fishy but i wasn't too sure on it, because i heard about this from a unreliable source, but obviously this source was correct on this information

and much success and much guidance to you and your fellow progressive grassroots democrats in purging these conmen/woman fake politricks politicians from the party in cali, reclaim the party cuzzy, i hope this can be rolled out and replicated across each state in america, because this could plant the seeds amongst the younger progressive democrats generation to climb up the ranks and eventually a human being brother or sister from whichever community could get into the white house, because even though obama has to be one of the biggest conmen in mordern day politics, he still showed that you could be on a level(even though he was pretending, but no one knew this at the time) and represent everyone and still get elected to the white house wit progressive policy's even though obama speech's were faker than a toupee and his policy's are straight out of clinton's book, but heads didn't know any of this at the time before he started his presidency and everybody thought he was genuine, you see what i'm saying

because the white house has the most influential power on this planet in the midst of outside very powerful forces and instiution's outside of the white house, if we could get one of our kind in there again, like jfk or rfk(who probably would have got in), because that was the last time one of our kind got in or had a genuine chance of getting in, if we could do this, a lot of genuine good could be done, like a genuine peace in the middle east like in the palestine/israel conflict for example, witout the influnence of powerful lobby's dictating policy and a end to imperialist wars and agendas, you get what i'm saying, because the white house says jump and a lot of these goverments in the west will direct there foreign policy that way too, you see what i'm saying

and thats good to hear about what your trying to do wit free healthcare for all, that should be a human right, the american goverment has the money to sustain this type of system, they spend billions on imperialist wars, upgrading nukes and new millitary shit, millions more on building more prisons than inner city schools and the american goverment gives billions of dollars for military aid to the israeli goverment every year, the american goverment has the money for free healthcare for all

its one reason why i wanted to send one of my relatives to canada because of the free healthcare system, but its hard to get in there witout any qualifications because of their point system, so i've got to settle wit getting that relative into the states, but if your saying free healthcare could pop off in cali, that would be a good look, because i wanted that relative to live down south, or in the midwest where the price of living is cheaper than the westcoast and eastcoast, but this is good news, that free healthcare for all could pop off in cali, because its scandulous that one of the most developed country's on this planet dosen't have an option for free healthcare for all, because i'm looking to get into the states too to get some of that real estate money onced i've raised the capital to get my operations on and poppin, you see what i'm saying, maybe i'll have my base of operations in the states in cali instead of miami or sumthin, i mean theirs beaches, sunshine and big city's out in cali too you know, ha ha

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 05:14:27 PM »
Yeah, I know it's disgusting. I wish things could change faster, but real change happens over time. Unfortunately we've been facing more resistance from the DLCs and their lobbyist friends on every policy issue than they ever gave the Republicans. And recently it became legal again for corporations to pour in money to campaigns so the Republicans have endless money.

California also is legalizing weed soon, hopefully. We're going to vote on it at the election. The good thing is Jerry Brown always hated the Clintons since Bill beat Jerry in 1992 by lying about Jerry so he won't work with them I think.

LONDON!!

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
Yeah, I know it's disgusting. I wish things could change faster, but real change happens over time. Unfortunately we've been facing more resistance from the DLCs and their lobbyist friends on every policy issue than they ever gave the Republicans. And recently it became legal again for corporations to pour in money to campaigns so the Republicans have endless money.

California also is legalizing weed soon, hopefully. We're going to vote on it at the election. The good thing is Jerry Brown always hated the Clintons since Bill beat Jerry in 1992 by lying about Jerry so he won't work with them I think.

yeah i've never heard about jerry brown before, he sounds like he's a decent guy

and cali legalizing weed if it happens will be a beautiful thing and a added bonus and incentive for me to change my base of operations in the states from miami to cali, probably la or sumthin, yes surr, ha ha

but on a more serious note, don't let the politricks fake politician infiltrators get you down and flop you and your fellow compadre's or comrads movement, wit there old boy network, conman politician shenanigans, keep your head up and keep it moving brothaman, america needs more brothers like you in the political system along wit your fellow a-alikes in the progressive grassroots democrat movement

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 11:09:45 AM »

You don't think that the lobbyists were lobbying for "free healthcare"?

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 01:00:26 PM »
No, of course not. Big Insurance is spending billions to preserve the old broken system because they're parasites.

No one benefits from healthcare for all except actual people (because they get treatment), doctors (less Big Insurance scams and overruling their decisions) and I won't lie, Big Pharma benefits because people will need their prescriptions, but SB 810 has regulation of price to make medicine affordable and if/when it passes it will save the state money by cutting out Big Insurance (except for Supplemental Coverage).

Anyway, virtuoso don't you live in Britain, where there's NHS? We're never going to have that system, SB 810 is similar to if everyone were covered by Medicare.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 03:24:44 PM »

That's factually incorrect since the law basically demands that every person have health insurance, which is going to benefit the insurance companies, not harm them.

This is a good article on it http://libcom.org/news/health-care-refrom-insurance-lobbys-triumph-19042010

And if the government requires everybody to get coverage — just what the overhaul legislation calls for — it could guarantee a steady stream of customers subsidized by taxpayers not only for insurers, but for all medical providers.
http://www.allword-news.co.uk/2009/07/26/lobbyists-the-silver-lining-in-health-care-storm-4/

The insurance companies have been lobbying hard for this, if you don't believe those 2 articles, then keep looking, sure you can find many more.

As for Ed Milliband, the banks have killed this country, killed America, own our asses, unless something decisive is done there, then an increase in minimum wage aint gonna do shit, as prices rocket.

Fuck all of these out for themselves politicians.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:31:04 PM by virtuoso »

Sami

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 05:45:17 PM »
I'm not talking about that law. The recent federal health care law allows states to approve different health care laws of their own, as long as they cover everyone and reduce costs. There has been a bill called SB 810 which was passed three times through California's legislature to create a single-payer system similar to Medicare but for everyone that Schwarzenegger vetoed. If Jerry Brown wins it'll pass.

The recent healthcare law has provisions in it where if the state does single-payer the insurance mandate is no longer required in that state.

The nature of the American system allows states significant autonomy so this is not a surprise. You probably don't know, but California is the strictest insurance state and our legislature can't stand them.

LONDON!!

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 04:38:33 AM »

That's factually incorrect since the law basically demands that every person have health insurance, which is going to benefit the insurance companies, not harm them.

This is a good article on it http://libcom.org/news/health-care-refrom-insurance-lobbys-triumph-19042010

And if the government requires everybody to get coverage — just what the overhaul legislation calls for — it could guarantee a steady stream of customers subsidized by taxpayers not only for insurers, but for all medical providers.
http://www.allword-news.co.uk/2009/07/26/lobbyists-the-silver-lining-in-health-care-storm-4/

The insurance companies have been lobbying hard for this, if you don't believe those 2 articles, then keep looking, sure you can find many more.

As for Ed Milliband, the banks have killed this country, killed America, own our asses, unless something decisive is done there, then an increase in minimum wage aint gonna do shit, as prices rocket.

Fuck all of these out for themselves politicians.

its like i've said on other forums, ed isn't a saviour or a revolutionary or anything like that, he's a centrist generic politician wit a few good policy's that isn't as controlled by the system as much as the other candidates that were either from the blarite school of thought or from the brownite school of thinking because of there policy's, you get what i'm saying, ed's not old labour but most importantly he isn't new labour either, so i can stragetically vote for him to turf out the tory's who are even worser than new labour, if ed was in power now and he raised the miminum wage to like £6.50 or £7 then i could get a job in mc'd's today and get off these stupid stagnating benefits, you get what i'm saying and start saving a slush fund for my real estate ventures in the future, so raising miminum wage to a level that you can pay your rent and bills and put food on the table and have a life, isn't sumthin to belittled fam, its a good look and i'm sure it would get a whole heap of people into work and cut unemployment drastically, trust me on that