Author Topic: Dre doesn't wanna work with Cube or Snoop  (Read 2002 times)

hideout

• 'G'
Re: Dre doesn't wanna work with Cube or Snoop
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2010, 02:30:30 PM »
You can hate it or you can understand it. Dre's in the studio everyday - qoute himself and the artists his working with at given time. He spent years in studios with cube, years with snoop. I can understand him trying new stuff, new artists, scrapping stuff he's not happy with. Why? Because he can. Obviously money dont mather for him, legacy does more. Hes obviously not lazy, hes worked on lots of different artists after em/cube/snoop - Some became xzibit, 50 cent and the game and blew up, some became scrapped like gage and others. He scores movies, pursuiting other venues, headphones,laptops, working with NBA teams. Il agree that he fucks on when he comments on detox, since its always getting postponed - the other projects we always hear him working on and then getting scrapped is always the artist dropping the dr.dre name for hype and create a buss around the project - we have no idea of knowing what dre's thought about the projects are.
Ofcourse we all think its fucked up he dont work more with snoop, cube - cus thats what we love, I can have somewhat of an understanding to him trying to break new artists, new music, and not going back but forward instead...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »
You can hate it or you can understand it. Dre's in the studio everyday - qoute himself and the artists his working with at given time. He spent years in studios with cube, years with snoop. I can understand him trying new stuff, new artists, scrapping stuff he's not happy with. Why? Because he can. Obviously money dont mather for him, legacy does more. Hes obviously not lazy, hes worked on lots of different artists after em/cube/snoop - Some became xzibit, 50 cent and the game and blew up, some became scrapped like gage and others. He scores movies, pursuiting other venues, headphones,laptops, working with NBA teams. Il agree that he fucks on when he comments on detox, since its always getting postponed - the other projects we always hear him working on and then getting scrapped is always the artist dropping the dr.dre name for hype and create a buss around the project - we have no idea of knowing what dre's thought about the projects are.
Ofcourse we all think its fucked up he dont work more with snoop, cube - cus thats what we love, I can have somewhat of an understanding to him trying to break new artists, new music, and not going back but forward instead...

I find that hard to believe, unless 99% of the shit he makes he refuses to put out. The amount of music he comes out with is that of a producer who's only in the studio a few times a year.

COMPTONRIDA1

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • COMPTON ORIGINAL
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2010, 05:08:57 PM »
who cares...

hideout

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2010, 05:09:45 PM »

I find that hard to believe, unless 99% of the shit he makes he refuses to put out. The amount of music he comes out with is that of a producer who's only in the studio a few times a year.

Sure it can be hard to believe. But each month you hear about some of the biggest artists being in his studio, doing songs, listening to detox. Each time he works with a new artist(gage,bishop) theyre always saying how much time he spends in the studio. Dr dre not releasing stuff isnt really a new thing tho, people been talking about unreleased stuff by him for decades. His way of working like this is probaly why everybody still check for him tho. But my impression of Dre is that he spends lots of time in the studio, mixing, making beats, producing - I really doubt lazyness has anything to do with the lack of stuff getting out there..

Dosnt seem like skills on the mic is enough if youre going to come out under dre, he dropped lots of lyricists. He produce superstars with a background that they can build on. Sucks for us, the fans, but I guess under the process of producing an artist Dre sees who's gonna sell records, and whos not..

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »
Ny problem is Dre has no follow through.  He starts all these projects and then doesn't finish them.  Cube even said it.  Dre started to  work on some songs with him  and then just dissapeared.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 06:03:31 PM »
Will either appear on Detox?

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 06:06:05 PM »
Sad shit, But at the same time both Cube & Snoop should just move on.
Dre is high class pussy, they can't afford her anymore.

Why not colab w/ DJ Pooh, he did great music with both?

dj pooh stopped producing some years ago... he writes movie-scripts nowadays...
I was being lazy bro, You can add any of the numerous Producers they have both consistently worked with over the years -Dre.
They will/have always been fine, Would be cool for Dre to throw them a bone... But they don't need him.

But Detox will suffer with out Snoop, IMO... Just me.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 06:45:39 PM »
Detox for Dre is like that chick with the bomb ass pussy that you keep on speed dial and drop everything to see when you get the urge to be with her lol. Almost every time a artist leaks out that they are working with Dre, he then gets this want to work on the project again and drops everything to do it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 09:05:09 PM »

Sure it can be hard to believe. But each month you hear about some of the biggest artists being in his studio, doing songs, listening to detox. Each time he works with a new artist(gage,bishop) theyre always saying how much time he spends in the studio. Dr dre not releasing stuff isnt really a new thing tho, people been talking about unreleased stuff by him for decades. His way of working like this is probaly why everybody still check for him tho. But my impression of Dre is that he spends lots of time in the studio, mixing, making beats, producing - I really doubt lazyness has anything to do with the lack of stuff getting out there..

Dosnt seem like skills on the mic is enough if youre going to come out under dre, he dropped lots of lyricists. He produce superstars with a background that they can build on. Sucks for us, the fans, but I guess under the process of producing an artist Dre sees who's gonna sell records, and whos not..

He hasn't produced a new artist since the Game, which was 5 years ago. So even if he's spending his time working on music that will never get released, he's still not accomplishing anything. All these people who claim to have been in the studio with him amount to squat if nothing is coming out of it.

Blasphemy

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 07:04:27 PM »

He hasn't produced a new artist since the Game, which was 5 years ago. So even if he's spending his time working on music that will never get released, he's still not accomplishing anything. All these people who claim to have been in the studio with him amount to squat if nothing is coming out of it.

His last released new artist was the game, the last 2 niggaz he was working with was Bishop, and Slim Da Mobster being the latest I think. Which is wierd since I haven't heard shit from him in awhile? did he go Hittman on us?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2010, 09:41:39 PM »
Snoop's gonna be on Detox. I just don't think Dre wants to do whole albums on him or Cube when they aren't in his business circle so to speak. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 12:48:46 AM »

His last released new artist was the game, the last 2 niggaz he was working with was Bishop, and Slim Da Mobster being the latest I think. Which is wierd since I haven't heard shit from him in awhile? did he go Hittman on us?

That's the problem. The Game was the last artist Aftermath actually pushed. Everyone since then he basically signs, maybe cosigns once in an interview and then they hang around the label waiting to get dropped while he works on Detox and the next Em/50 album.

darqawa

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 10:34:10 AM »
who cares...

I really have a feeling if he ever drops DETOX its gonna be str8 garbage.  DRE is not perfect and above scrutiny.  I'd rather have a collab of Nipsey, Young Maylay and Young Dre than a Snoop Cube Dre reunion.

dexter

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 10:58:13 AM »
Snoop's gonna be on Detox. I just don't think Dre wants to do whole albums on him or Cube when they aren't in his business circle so to speak. 
DIPSET

Anunikke

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 05:46:39 PM »
Speaking of dre, could it be that the west is dying because the lack of producers?
It seems people have been discussing the same producer for 20 years.

Maybe the problem isn't with the rappers but with the producers?

Just some random thought I had a while back.