Author Topic: Slick Rick Prepares for Deportation !!!  (Read 168 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Slick Rick Prepares for Deportation !!!
« on: December 19, 2002, 11:33:44 AM »
With the impending deportation of Slick Rick to England this month by the INS, “The Ruler” is preparing himself. Bill Adler, Rick’s first publicist at Def Jam and longtime friend, said, “He’s relieved and looking forward to getting out… he’s talking to his wife about the clothes she must bring him before he’s deported so when he steps off the plane in England, he’s flossing. He’s gonna be the ‘The Black Liberace,’ looking fantastic and happy to be free.”
Adler added that Rick’s recording career would continue. “It looks like Def Jam is gonna offer him a contract out of the London office…so he’ll continue his recording career and carry on.”

Under the immigration laws, Slick Rick will be able to apply for a performance Visa that will allow him to come in and out of the U.S. on a semi-frequent basis, and he may have the option to live in another country under the British Commonwealth like Canada !!!! or Bermuda, which are closer to the U.S.

source: Tha Source

------------------------------------------------------------

DAMN THAT WOULD BE TIGHT IF HE CAME TO CANADA!!

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

=[Euthanasia]=

Re:Slick Rick Prepares for Deportation !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 04:19:25 AM »
I like the bit about how he's making sure he's gonna be 'flossing' when he steps off the plane  ;D I wonder where he's gonna stay in England for the time he's here, it would be good if he does some shows in the Uk too. BTW, has anyone else here heard his song "Women Lose Weight"? It's really dope, haven't heard anyone talk about it here though, if you haven't heard it check it out over at dijitalphonics.com, they got the Alchemist remix there too.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 06:09:09 AM »
This sucks man, but I'm happy he finally accepted it and is moving on.  It really wouldn't be that bad; sometimes I kinda wish something like that would happen to me.  Everybody dreams about living overseas and stuff, but ya don't wanna leave because of aquaintances and stuff... if you HAD to leave, it'd be pretty cool.  Canada and London are fine places to live, I'm sure.  That's bull that they had him locked up so long, though, that's rediculous.  

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 09:46:44 AM »
BTW, has anyone else here heard his song "Women Lose Weight"? It's really dope, haven't heard anyone talk about it here though, if you haven't heard it check it out over at dijitalphonics.com, they got the Alchemist remix there too.

Yes, both versions are amazing.  Dope in every way.

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 11:13:17 AM »
Man I'll let Slick Rick Live with me!  lol.  

"women Lose wieght" is a dope song.  I like the remix more.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 05:55:46 AM »
Yeah, I prefer the remix too, one of Alchemist's best imo.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.