Author Topic: VIDEO: Eminem Feat Lil Wayne "No Love"  (Read 869 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: VIDEO: Eminem Feat Lil Wayne "No Love"
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 08:32:44 AM »
Sometimes i love this track other times i just think the sample is corney !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 12:02:35 AM »
Recovery is mehh, but No Love is my shit. Best song on the album by a mile. Em kills it and the beat is off the hook.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 01:09:29 AM »
Em has a crazy verse, but the song is still mad corny and wack.

kemizt

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 03:02:59 AM »
Only track that I still play from Recovery. Em and Wayne are a great combo, a good contrast in style (like the old 50 and Em used to be).

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 03:29:11 PM »
1 good verse doesn't = good song.

Whack feature, whack hook, and for me personally the sample doesn't have any energy.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 12:34:02 AM »
The sample is killing that whole track..

God I hate the sampled song.

kemizt

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 01:03:19 PM »
Cool video, song sucks tho.

What's wrong with the song. I think it's one of Em's strongest tracks, and not just from recent years. This track would stand out even on the MMLP. Maybe not as a replacement for The Way I Am, but better than Remember Me.

This is better than 'Remember Me'?! R u fuckin serious? gat damn we have different tastes. I tried liking this song but Lil Wayne sounds like a retard on it, the sample is retarded. Slim spits a good verse but the singing sounds forced. One of the worst tracks on Recovery IMO. I guess it's a good choice for a single to please the masses cuz Wayne is on it.

You guys are only hating on the sample because you know the original so well and it being used kills it. Welcome to my world. I've gotten to numb to songs I both love and hate being brought in to the hip hop world and have the sample ruin the song for me that I've simply moved past it. Samples can't ruin hip hop for me anymore. No matter how well I know the original.

And Remember Me fucking sucks. Generic bass line beat, 3 verses that make no sense with each other and have no business on the album. Did Dre impregnate RBX's daughter or something? What business did RBX have on that album, or any album in 2000?

All No Love would have to say was produced and mixed by A.Young and half the fags here that hate it would be on their knees stroking it. I'm not even saying it's all that great a track. But at least it has appeal. Remember Me both sucks and couldn't sell umbrellas in the rain.

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
I wanna know what is so wack to people about this song? The sample and beat are hot. Eminem's verse is strong. Wayne's verse is okay.

By far one of the better tracks on Recovery.

All No Love would have to say was produced and mixed by A.Young and half the fags here that hate it would be on their knees stroking it.
LOL. It's the truth though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 05:46:01 PM »
I wanna know what is so wack to people about this song? The sample and beat are hot. Eminem's verse is strong. Wayne's verse is okay.

Most of us that were forced to listen hear the original song when it came out can't stand it. If you like it to each their own, but I'd just as soon forget about that whole euro-dance craze of the 90s and pretend it never existed.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 08:15:02 PM »

Most of us that were forced to listen hear the original song when it came out can't stand it. If you like it to each their own, but I'd just as soon forget about that whole euro-dance craze of the 90s and pretend it never existed.

Will Ferrell alone means I could never hate that song.

Now when Nas used Beethoven for I Can I thought that was ridiculously stupid. You might as well sample Silent Night for a party anthem.

For the record, I get the reason people hate the sample. They don't want a somewhat serious song to remind them of a comedy routine. Like this debacle:

The last thing I want to think of when I'm listening to gangsta rap is John Travolta disco dancing. Who produced this crap again?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:26:35 PM by Shallow »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 08:39:26 PM »

Now when Nas used Beethoven for I Can I thought that was ridiculously stupid. You might as well sample Silent Night for a party anthem.

For the record, I get the reason people hate the sample. They don't want a somewhat serious song to remind them of a comedy routine. Like this debacle:

The last thing I want to think of when I'm listening to gangsta rap is John Travolta disco dancing. Who produced this crap again?

Sampling Beethoven isn't even close to the same thing. What Is Love? is trashy euro-pop at its finest worst and a lot of people hate that song with a passion. Hence any sampling of it is gonna be wack to me. The sampling itself is wack, not how its used or what it reminds me of.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 08:50:21 PM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 08:47:03 PM »

Sampling Beethoven isn't even close to the same thing. What Is Love? is trashy euro-pop at its finest worst and a lot of people hate that song with a passion. Hence any sampling of it is gonna be wack to me. The sampling itself is wack, not how its used or what it reminds me of.

What you said makes no sense. It has nothing to do of what the song reminds you of but the only reason you hate it is because of what it represents in the euro dance world. There isn't enough of the song to recognize it as crappy euro-trash unless you already know the song. No Love doesn't sound like a euro dance song.

And Dr Dre retooling the Stayin Alive chorus is head and shoulders worse than sampling What Is Love.

P.S. sampling Beethoveen, and giving no credit in the liner notes if I remember correctly, is just plain silly when everyone and their mother not only knows the song like the back of their hand but probably was taught how to play it as a kid.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 08:54:23 PM »

What you said makes no sense. It has nothing to do of what the song reminds you of but the only reason you hate it is because of what it represents in the euro dance world. There isn't enough of the song to recognize it as crappy euro-trash unless you already know the song. No Love doesn't sound like a euro dance song.

And Dr Dre retooling the Stayin Alive chorus is head and shoulders worse than sampling What Is Love.

P.S. sampling Beethoveen, and giving no credit in the liner notes if I remember correctly, is just plain silly when everyone and their mother not only knows the song like the back of their hand but probably was taught how to play it as a kid.

Beethoven is the most famous classical composer. What is Love is a goddawful euro pop song from the 90s that no one from that decade wants to remember.

It's not like Just Blaze found a non-wack part of the song to sample. He uses the chorus (the wackest part of the song) and a completely unnecessary sampling of the beat.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:35:05 PM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 10:37:50 PM »

Spot on.

kemizt

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2010, 01:11:28 AM »
With regards to Nas "not giving credit" to Beethoven - when 70 years have passed since the death of the composer of a song, the song becomes free for public use, which means that ANYONE can "interpolate" (recreate an original composition) without permission or without giving credit. What you still can't do is actually SAMPLE a recording without giving credit to the people behind that particular recording. In the case of Nas, that piece was replayed in the studio, not sampled from a record.

Back on topic: No Love is great and the fact that Just Blaze has the nerve to sample THAT record and turn it into a great hip-hop record only makes it greater. Far more original than sampling the usual old r&B, soul and funk records.

Just Blaze should sample "Baby One More Time" or "Macarena" next. If anyone can pull it off, it's him.