Author Topic: VIDEO: Eminem Feat Lil Wayne "No Love"  (Read 871 times)

Sikotic™

Re: VIDEO: Eminem Feat Lil Wayne "No Love"
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 01:50:25 AM »
I wanna know what is so wack to people about this song? The sample and beat are hot. Eminem's verse is strong. Wayne's verse is okay.

Most of us that were forced to listen hear the original song when it came out can't stand it. If you like it to each their own, but I'd just as soon forget about that whole euro-dance craze of the 90s and pretend it never existed.
I dunno man. I see what you're saying, but I'm all for people taking a negative and making it a positive. I feel like that's what they did on that song.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 07:03:07 AM »
With regards to Nas "not giving credit" to Beethoven - when 70 years have passed since the death of the composer of a song, the song becomes free for public use, which means that ANYONE can "interpolate" (recreate an original composition) without permission or without giving credit. What you still can't do is actually SAMPLE a recording without giving credit to the people behind that particular recording. In the case of Nas, that piece was replayed in the studio, not sampled from a record.

Back on topic: No Love is great and the fact that Just Blaze has the nerve to sample THAT record and turn it into a great hip-hop record only makes it greater. Far more original than sampling the usual old r&B, soul and funk records.

Just Blaze should sample "Baby One More Time" or "Macarena" next. If anyone can pull it off, it's him.

I understand the concept of public domain. What I'm talking about is simply courtesy and false advertising. Truthfully I feel bad for the 1 out of 1000 listeners that hear the track, check the credits, and thinks Salaam Remi came up with it. I say give the credit not because of law, but because of respect. He shouldn't be forced to. But it makes him look stupid.

And I've more than noticed no one seeming to mind it when Dre does the same thing that No Love is doing. Because both Eminem and I can see the hater in your eyes, yo eyes, yo eyes.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 12:03:47 PM »
the difference is, Hate in yo eyes has a dope beat, while this one sucks

theremedy360

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 12:54:09 PM »
The track isn't bad but I think they could have done a lot more with that sample.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 01:12:52 PM »

One say A. Young the other doesn't. That's the only difference to people on this board. The difference to the rest of the world is that What Is Love is a catchy beat and Hate In Yo Eyes isn't. It's a very throwaway beat from Dre. And for the record if Dre had been the producer for Haddaway's song back in 93 most people here would be using that song asa an example of Dre's genius jumping to other genre.

Truth Hurts could have used a track like What Is Love. Same for Michel'le.

Sikotic™

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
If anything, the person behind the No Love beat was way more creative than Dre was with Hate In Yo Eyes.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

theremedy360

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 03:51:37 PM »
^ That Tom Green video is a fuckin classic, X to the Z did not see that shit coming.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 03:52:33 PM »
If anything, the person behind the No Love beat was way more creative than Dre was with Hate In Yo Eyes.

Exactly. It's a bonafide hit. A much bigger hit than anything Dre has done outside of rap. That Mary J single might be the closest, but as nice as it sounds it gets so boring after a few bars.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 05:16:39 PM »

Exactly. It's a bonafide hit. A much bigger hit than anything Dre has done outside of rap. That Mary J single might be the closest, but as nice as it sounds it gets so boring after a few bars.

I have no idea what you just said. Let me get this straight. Did you just say that this particular "rap song" is a bigger hit than anything a different "rap producer" (totally random to start talking about Dr. Dre btw) has produced "outside of rap"? What does that even mean? Not only is that an empty statement, its also false.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010, 05:35:35 PM »

I have no idea what you just said. Let me get this straight. Did you just say that this particular "rap song" is a bigger hit than anything a different "rap producer" (totally random to start talking about Dr. Dre btw) has produced "outside of rap"? What does that even mean? Not only is that an empty statement, its also false.

No. I'm comparing the Haddaway song to the Michel'le and Truth Hurts stuff that Dre produced. Dre was brought up because I think if he had produced No Love, the Em and Wayne track, and it sounded exactly the same it would not be put through the ringer because on this forum Dre is seen as infallible. I also used a very bad sample for a Mack 10 song that got a pass on this forum only because Dre produced it. Mark my words if Hate in Yo Eyes was produced by Eminem and sounded exactly the same it would have been put through the ringer on this forum as one of the worst tracks of all time.

Look, take away Em's verse and it's a nothing special song, but the verse is so strong it makes the track solid. Yes rappers rapping well can make average tracks sound better. Just like super solid production can cover up mediocre rapping.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2010, 06:12:03 PM »

No. I'm comparing the Haddaway song to the Michel'le and Truth Hurts stuff that Dre produced. Dre was brought up because I think if he had produced No Love, the Em and Wayne track, and it sounded exactly the same it would not be put through the ringer because on this forum Dre is seen as infallible. I also used a very bad sample for a Mack 10 song that got a pass on this forum only because Dre produced it. Mark my words if Hate in Yo Eyes was produced by Eminem and sounded exactly the same it would have been put through the ringer on this forum as one of the worst tracks of all time.

Look, take away Em's verse and it's a nothing special song, but the verse is so strong it makes the track solid. Yes rappers rapping well can make average tracks sound better. Just like super solid production can cover up mediocre rapping.

The Haddaway song is wick wick whack....just like many of the other big pop singles. Does it make a difference how popular it was? Surely anyone on this forum wouldn't think so. There's also nothing really "creative" about that song once you put it among all the rest of the europop trash coming out at the same time. If you enjoy the song for Em's verse then say that. I don't understand why everyone is defending the sampling when its plain horrible in my mind.

Dre is not seen as infallible. All the response to his recent production should tell you as much. And Em has produced much worse than Hate in Yo Eyes, so I doubt it would make a dent in his career if he had produced it. And really, Em gets a way bigger pass on music than Dre right now. I could argue that "No Love" would have been completely shitted on if Em weren't on it. Would YOU even be defending it?

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2010, 08:11:01 PM »
How did this thread become Dre related? This song still sucks and doesnt compare to Dre beats. I expect better from you Just Blaze (exhibit C).

Sikotic™

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »
I could argue that "No Love" would have been completely shitted on if Em weren't on it. Would YOU even be defending it?
I would defend the beat.

Another thing: I don't get how No Love gets shitted on so hard in this thread, but a song like Live Your Life with T.I. gets nothing but praise when its complete ass and ripping off some shitty europop. The No Love beat beats Live Your Life and Hate In Yo Eyes by far.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 11:31:49 PM »
Another thing: I don't get how No Love gets shitted on so hard in this thread, but a song like Live Your Life with T.I. gets nothing but praise when its complete ass and ripping off some shitty europop. The No Love beat beats Live Your Life and Hate In Yo Eyes by far.

Oh hell no, that song is beyond wack too. This song is actually way better, and that's saying much. But it's Eminem who saves the song.

kemizt

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 12:54:21 AM »

One say A. Young the other doesn't. That's the only difference to people on this board. The difference to the rest of the world is that What Is Love is a catchy beat and Hate In Yo Eyes isn't. It's a very throwaway beat from Dre. And for the record if Dre had been the producer for Haddaway's song back in 93 most people here would be using that song asa an example of Dre's genius jumping to other genre.

Truth Hurts could have used a track like What Is Love. Same for Michel'le.
maybe that counts for some people, but not for everybody(including myself).

and the forum doesn't praise everything with Dre's name attached to it, take under pressure for example, it got shitted on.