Author Topic: VIDEO: Eminem Feat Lil Wayne "No Love"  (Read 870 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: VIDEO: Eminem Feat Lil Wayne "No Love"
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 05:35:41 AM »
If anything, the person behind the No Love beat was way more creative than Dre was with Hate In Yo Eyes.

Exactly. It's a bonafide hit. A much bigger hit than anything Dre has done outside of rap. That Mary J single might be the closest, but as nice as it sounds it gets so boring after a few bars.

I have no idea what you just said. Let me get this straight. Did you just say that this particular "rap song" is a bigger hit than anything a different "rap producer" (totally random to start talking about Dr. Dre btw) has produced "outside of rap"? What does that even mean? Not only is that an empty statement, its also false.

No. I'm comparing the Haddaway song to the Michel'le and Truth Hurts stuff that Dre produced. Dre was brought up because I think if he had produced No Love, the Em and Wayne track, and it sounded exactly the same it would not be put through the ringer because on this forum Dre is seen as infallible. I also used a very bad sample for a Mack 10 song that got a pass on this forum only because Dre produced it. Mark my words if Hate in Yo Eyes was produced by Eminem and sounded exactly the same it would have been put through the ringer on this forum as one of the worst tracks of all time.

Look, take away Em's verse and it's a nothing special song, but the verse is so strong it makes the track solid. Yes rappers rapping well can make average tracks sound better. Just like super solid production can cover up mediocre rapping.

The Haddaway song is wick wick whack....just like many of the other big pop singles. Does it make a difference how popular it was? Surely anyone on this forum wouldn't think so. There's also nothing really "creative" about that song once you put it among all the rest of the europop trash coming out at the same time. If you enjoy the song for Em's verse then say that. I don't understand why everyone is defending the sampling when its plain horrible in my mind.

Dre is not seen as infallible. All the response to his recent production should tell you as much. And Em has produced much worse than Hate in Yo Eyes, so I doubt it would make a dent in his career if he had produced it. And really, Em gets a way bigger pass on music than Dre right now. I could argue that "No Love" would have been completely shitted on if Em weren't on it. Would YOU even be defending it?

To be honest I really do like the Wayne verse and the tone the music sets. I didn't even pick up on the sample right away when I first heard the leak. It takes into an almost gothic dark atmoshpehere. When Wayne gets to the nightstand/open bibles part it really has something. Then the faster, dick in your mouth, part comes in and he oversuses the life and game as a female mataphor but it's still decent. And way better than I'd ever expect from Wayne. The Chorus is wasted on Eminem. I might have gone with a operatic approach. Maybe even translated to another language.

But yes Em makes the song a great track. How many old Tupac tracks could have sucked with out his rapping on it? I hold the vocals to a higher regard than old song loops.

And what you say about Euro-crap is right, but no more right than what I would say about West Coast rap. Meaning; There's also nothing really "creative" about that song once you put it among all the rest of the west coast trash coming out at the same time. I can still like most genres and understand they can sound the same.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2010, 12:09:07 AM »
i mean really..these to cats just need to go some where and chill the fuck out....Em is boring,and wayne is bisexual :-Xsad.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2010, 07:51:09 PM »
Whoever said that shit about it just being the sample related to Night at the Roxbury and cheesy Disco in general, ruining the song was half right.  (Rapsodie I think?) 

I want to think that this song is just bad, but I'm starting to notice myself getting aggy at the sample everytime I hear it now.

Which leads me to this not being a good beat.  Because many times before corny samples have created lively songs.  (Numa Numa, Live Your Life).

And yes Weezy's verse is whack.  Listen to his fuckin flow, it's so basic, he rapping slower than a 50 Cent love song..  Come on..  It's like he's just talking, not RAPPING.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2010, 06:57:00 AM »
Whoever said that shit about it just being the sample related to Night at the Roxbury and cheesy Disco in general, ruining the song was half right.  (Rapsodie I think?) 

I said that too.

kemizt

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »

I said that too.

Props.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »
And what you say about Euro-crap is right, but no more right than what I would say about West Coast rap. Meaning; There's also nothing really "creative" about that song once you put it among all the rest of the west coast trash coming out at the same time. I can still like most genres and understand they can sound the same.

I never said the Dre song was creative. You're the one who brought the song up, remember? And you're the one who said the Haddaway song was creative, which it isn't. I don't quite see the point in bringing up other producers and other songs. All I'm saying is that sampling Haddaway for the No Love song was a horrible idea and it didn't work out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2010, 08:55:43 PM »
Enough of this nonsense lol.

Do you like the song or not? Simple.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2010, 09:14:09 PM »
Enough of this nonsense lol.

Do you like the song or not? Simple.