Author Topic: Bill Clinton Says The Republican Party "Represses" Black People  (Read 241 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Bill Clinton Says The Republican Party "Represses" Black People
« on: December 19, 2002, 04:52:02 PM »
WASHINGTON (Dec. 19) - Former President Clinton says Republicans are hypocritical for berating Senate Republican leader Trent Lott about his insensitive comments on race.

``How can they jump on him when they're out there repressing, trying to run black voters away from the polls and running under the Confederate flag in Georgia and South Carolina?'' Clinton said Wednesday in New York. ``I mean, look at their whole record. He just embarrassed them by saying in Washington what they do on the backroads every day.''

Lott has been trying to atone for publicly wishing that former segregationist Sen. Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948. Lott said his home state of Mississippi voted for Thurmond ``and if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years either.''

Lott has apologized, but many conservatives have called for him to give up his leadership post. President Bush's aides have said Lott doesn't have to resign, but the White House is not making the case for keeping him in place either.

``I think that the way the Republicans have treated Senator Lott is pretty hypocritical, since right now their policy is, in my view, inimical to everything this country stands for,'' Clinton said while attending an event for the European Travel Commission.

``They've tried to suppress black voting, they've ran on the Confederate flag in Georgia and South Carolina. And from top to bottom, the Republicans supported it. So I don't see what they're jumping on Trent Lott about.''

Republican National Committee Chairman Marc Racicot called Clinton's comments ``misleading'' and ``divisive rhetoric.''

``This is another tired example of Bill Clinton misrepresenting the facts and misleading the American people to gain political advantage,'' Racicot said.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Bill Clinton Says The Republican Party "Represses" Black People
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 04:52:28 PM »
btw, whats yall reaction to the Lott controversy?
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

CWalker187

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2002, 07:57:16 PM »
LOL, I posted this on SOHH and you copied and pasted it. You even used the same title that I made up, with the quotes around "repressed".

Did you just discover the Know The Ledge forum?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2002, 08:02:35 PM by CWalker187 »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 11:05:42 PM »
fuck trent lott and his sugar daddy

man clinton might of had an eagar penis but he was a good pres IMO

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 11:06:50 PM »
btw did anyone see Al Gore diss him on SNL? classic stuff lol

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2002, 11:16:12 PM »
Yeah, I couldn't believe gore did that, LOL.  My take on the whole thing is I could care less.  That's the whole racist thing... Black people act all surprised and angered whenever a white guy says something Racist.  If they realized that probably 50% of white congressmen are probably racist anyways, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.  I'm of course not saying what he did was right or anything, but honestly, it's just something he said in public.  If they really knew the crap he'd said behind closed doors, they'd see just how piciune this whole little phrase here is.  

For instance, everyplace that I've ever worked was ran by white guys, and they were always racist... and wouldn't hire black guys.  EVERYPLACE I've ever worked.  That's how widespread racism is.  Just imagine how bad it is in the senate.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 11:25:35 AM »
LOL, I posted this on SOHH and you copied and pasted it. You even used the same title that I made up, with the quotes around "repressed".

Did you just discover the Know The Ledge forum?

whats wrong with me copying and pasting it dude? i know its yours, what do u want? royalties?

nah i didnt just discover it, i never posted there cuz the right wingers in there are idiots, very few people have legitimate views...the rest just tow the party line

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 03:17:36 PM »
guess who's not the majority leader anymore.....trent lott

lol dude quit

CWalker187

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2002, 08:29:03 PM »

nah i didnt just discover it, i never posted there cuz the right wingers in there are idiots, very few people have legitimate views...the rest just tow the party line

In other words you know you would get served.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2002, 11:31:23 PM »
guess who's not the majority leader anymore.....trent lott

lol dude quit

Yeah, that was probably best.  He never would have lived it down.