Author Topic: Westcoast rappers charging outrageous prices for Rap Verses (features)  (Read 2531 times)

Will_B

Re: Westcoast rappers charging outrageous prices for Rap Verses (features)
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2010, 05:04:01 AM »
Sorry I picked up The Jakal, and although the beats were tite as fucc, 40 was like sandpaper on my ears.

Portugoal

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2010, 05:38:53 AM »
Do you seriously think 40 Glocc is not a good rapper? 40 shits on a lot of rappers that get discussed over here. If the answer to that question is yes, I think you need to hit the button and never come back again. Or better yet, delete your account.

All 40 COCK is doing is running his muthafuckin' mouth and taking e-net gangbangin' to a whole another level with his stupid ass youtube videos - he should team with GAY 9 and SPIDER JOKE and log himself out of this world along with your sorry ass if you like this bum.

I wish you could detect his sarcasm...

It wasn't sarcasm (twice). I agree that he has a big mouth, but 40 Glocc is a rapper who doesn't need beef. He's got a lot of talent. Before 40 affiliated with G-Unit everyone on this forum liked 40 Glocc (which was before the endless beefing started), but ever since he joined G-Unit/Infamous all of a sudden people started to call him wack.

It's like they forgot songs like "Leave Me Alone", "40", "Got Damn Shame" and "Love Is A Battlefield". I don't like the beef either and no, I don't check for his newer music anymore, but this man is (potentially) a great rapper.

P.S. I figured '40 Cock' and 'Spider Joke' out, but who is 'Gay 9' supposed to be? lol

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2010, 06:01:37 AM »
If you're working on an actual full album with Dr. Dre, he charges a lot less than that. I'll reveal to you in PM's my source Dre-Day.

A full album with Dr Dre? How many times has that even happened?

well i'm surprised Paris' people even mentioned a price, as Paris rarely collaborates with artists outside his camp

That would be a cool collab to get, out of the ones listed... like it won't blow the project up, but it would be dope on a creative level

Matty

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2010, 06:06:56 AM »
You gotta keep in mind they throw out high-ball numbers to see if you'll bite at that price, but in reality most of them would do a verse for way less than half of what they are originally asking if you approach them right. If you explain to them that you're a big fan, and it would be an honor to have them on your album but you are only working with X amount of money, most of them of will go pretty damn low when it comes down it. I've seen it first hand with 3 people on your list in fact. It's all about your approach. And if your music is good in the first place, that will make a big difference. You could also try and see if they'll cut you a deal if you let them use one of your beats or if they like your homie have him sing some hooks for free for them. You can't just look at that # and think "fuck, i don't have that much money." You gotta be creative.

this sounds about right.

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2010, 06:31:09 AM »
Do you seriously think 40 Glocc is not a good rapper? 40 shits on a lot of rappers that get discussed over here. If the answer to that question is yes, I think you need to hit the button and never come back again. Or better yet, delete your account.

All 40 COCK is doing is running his muthafuckin' mouth and taking e-net gangbangin' to a whole another level with his stupid ass youtube videos - he should team with GAY 9 and SPIDER JOKE and log himself out of this world along with your sorry ass if you like this bum.

I wish you could detect his sarcasm...

It wasn't sarcasm (twice). I agree that he has a big mouth, but 40 Glocc is a rapper who doesn't need beef. He's got a lot of talent. Before 40 affiliated with G-Unit everyone on this forum liked 40 Glocc (which was before the endless beefing started), but ever since he joined G-Unit/Infamous all of a sudden people started to call him wack.

It's like they forgot songs like "Leave Me Alone", "40", "Got Damn Shame" and "Love Is A Battlefield". I don't like the beef either and no, I don't check for his newer music anymore, but this man is (potentially) a great rapper.

P.S. I figured '40 Cock' and 'Spider Joke' out, but who is 'Gay 9' supposed to be? lol

K9 and your sarcastic. I don't believe it, Zipper. There's a better chance of Hoodstars.net coming back before I believe that crock of shit.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2010, 07:30:02 AM »
If you're working on an actual full album with Dr. Dre, he charges a lot less than that. I'll reveal to you in PM's my source Dre-Day.

A full album with Dr Dre? How many times has that even happened?

well i'm surprised Paris' people even mentioned a price, as Paris rarely collaborates with artists outside his camp

That would be a cool collab to get, out of the ones listed... like it won't blow the project up, but it would be dope on a creative level
yeah.

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2010, 12:49:49 PM »
All that support the Westcoast is bullshit!! When u start callin these niggas 4 fearures u find that out quick..I find some R flexible but that a few outta many..No secret as 2 why the Westcoast fell off..U just spelled it all the way out!
Flixx

Anonymous.

• 'G'
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2010, 01:37:39 PM »
spider loc sells verses in exchange for meals and a place to sleep
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »

$15,000 for Mack 10?

haha ... drop the last 4 digits and that is what his verse is worth!

SERIOUSLY THOUGH ..

you need to go deeper ... don't email someone off myspace for a price!

present professionally, tell them what you want and get the price.

Then go back to them ... it is like any business out there

if the "worker" doesn't care or want it, they will quote a ridiculous amount and if u pay, great, if u don't, so what?

hope that makes sense!

Raphael

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2010, 03:45:30 AM »
1500$ to have a convicted pedophile on your song. That's not bad and would probably generate some buzz.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2010, 06:36:07 AM »
1500$ to have a convicted pedophile on your song. That's not bad and would probably generate some buzz.

lmfao, +1
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

felipebtu

« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2010, 06:48:17 AM »
40 Glocc is wackk@

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2010, 07:59:16 AM »
eastcoast-rappers got a bigger ego, and charges more than these guys.. Joe Budden charges 5 stacks for a verse.. better than a Mack 10 verse though lol

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2010, 08:48:12 AM »
eastcoast-rappers got a bigger ego, and charges more than these guys.. Joe Budden charges 5 stacks for a verse.. better than a Mack 10 verse though lol

That's becuz Joe Budden knows his value.  If you ask me he's over charging (and not just becuz of my personal taste).  There isn't a rapper in the world that could benefit from a Budden's verse unless you get a direct face to face to phone to phone back to face to face contact with Slaughterhouse and Shady.  Other than that your only putting money in Budden's pocket and not really reaping any benefits from it.

Mack 10's price is high but I'm sure the hustler will sell it to u cheaper than that, if not then don't get tha nigga on ur album/mixtape then (same for any of them). 

wardy

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2010, 08:58:53 AM »
I can't see Too Short charging 15k a verse, he does that many features every year i doubt he would be asking for that much.