Author Topic: That nigga Ice cube sells 22, 000 in first week ( or should I say , WEAK ? )  (Read 2530 times)

OG Hack Wilson

of course, he didnt sell. peopel arent buyin physical albums anymore..
it's not 1998
thought, that was obvious

Ice Cube, who is all over TBS promoting his shit, couldn't sell any more than Slaughterhouse on E1 with no promotion?
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
I remember talking about Ice Cube's relevancy compared to Slaughterhouse & people we're telling me I was buggin' lol.

What up, Hack? 8)

What does that have to do with anything? Especially this topic? Just curious

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
peopel arent buyin physical albums anymore..

No, no, no, I don't want to hear that lol. I always hear that "'this' artist doesn't sell"; Cube just flopped.

I remember talking about Ice Cube's relevancy compared to Slaughterhouse & people we're telling me I was buggin' lol.

What up, Hack? 8)

Well, I saw what Hack wrote earlier in this thread & I specifically remember arguing about Cube's relevancy & somebody was like "He sells soooo much more than Slaughterhouse"; well...apparently not lol.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

No, no, no, I don't want to hear that lol. I always hear that "'this' artist doesn't sell"; Cube just flopped.

What up, Hack? 8)

Well, I saw what Hack wrote earlier in this thread & I specifically remember arguing about Cube's relevancy & somebody was like "He sells soooo much more than Slaughterhouse"; well...apparently not lol.

So relevancy is why you think this album did not sell?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

What up, Hack? 8)

Has to be a factor. It's not like Slaughterhouse gets any promotion. I'd say it's about even in terms of promo; maybe even favoring Cube.

Raw Footage sold like 500,000 worldwide. This album goes 22 in the first week? Something just doesn't add up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

What up, Hack? 8)

Has to be a factor. It's not like Slaughterhouse gets any promotion. I'd say it's about even in terms of promo; maybe even favoring Cube.

Raw Footage sold like 500,000 worldwide. This album goes 22 in the first week? Something just doesn't add up.

Yeah it is. I would say comparing the promo, touring and everything he put together for LNCL compared to this it is not the same. And that is his fault. Relevant yeah he still is, he does it on his own terms but the business approach to this album was ehh.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

What up, Hack? 8)

E1 really put SH behind the 8 ball on promo. Hopefully that will not be a issue once the Shady deal is finalized.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

so if a movie-company decided to release a movie on VHS in the year of 2010 - and it didnt sell - that would because they "flopped".
people stopped buying hardcopy-albums, when rapidshare and filestube were invented.
u can only sell albums, if u are a larger-than-life artst (like Eminem), or if ur fanbase is in their 40-50's..
Cube's soundscan-digits can be rightfully defended on this one.

OG Hack Wilson

so if a movie-company decided to release a movie on VHS in the year of 2010 - and it didnt sell - that would because they "flopped".
people stopped buying hardcopy-albums, when rapidshare and filestube were invented.
u can only sell albums, if u are a larger-than-life artst (like Eminem), or if ur fanbase is in their 40-50's..

well if he sells 22 k a week EVENTUALLY he'll reach platinum ;)
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

What up, Hack? 8)

Yeah it is. I would say comparing the promo, touring and everything he put together for LNCL compared to this it is not the same. And that is his fault. Relevant yeah he still is, he does it on his own terms but the business approach to this album was ehh.

Yeah, it was just a poor effort all around for him; on and off the mic. :P

I'm not going to say with the right promotion that he couldn't out outsold Slaughterhouse, but with zero promotion compared to zero promotion, Slaughterhouse outsold him; I dig that.

Anyway, I just personally feel that with all the talks about Slaughterhouse (especially Joe Budden & Crooked I) on the internet, they are more relevant than Ice Cube, in terms of music.

As a person, with movies & apperances, clearly Cube. But from a musical standpoint I think Cube is fading.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!

LOL, Cube's fanbase is all in their 40's & 50's & apparently they didn't cop this.

& all I'm saying is Slaughterhouse sold more copies. I know record sales are down & I know Slaughterhouse sold shit too. But you would think someone "more relevant" would sell more hardcopies.

OG Hack Wilson

if someone was 15 when NWA came out they'd be 37 now

damnnn

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

LOL, Cube's fanbase is all in their 40's & 50's & apparently they didn't cop this.
no, Cubes fans are young enough and modern enough to understand the basics of internet-googling and downloading.

the real old ppl (our parents and their homies) - they buy records.
the Susan Boyle-people

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!

& all I'm saying is Slaughterhouse sold more copies. I know record sales are down & I know Slaughterhouse sold shit too. But you would think someone "more relevant" would sell more hardcopies.

again that comes with promo. And Cham you are the homie, but seriously bro u need to attend a Cube concert. All ages are there, not just 40 and 50 year olds. Granted this is only 1 week. I would be interested to see if SH's album, to no fault of their own, even cracked 100k and what this album ends up at.

OG Hack Wilson

no, Cubes fans are young enough and modern enough to understand the basics of internet-googling and downloading.

the real old ppl (our parents and their homies) - they buy records.
the Susan Boyle-people

i've bought CDs in the last month or two

i'll buy them if i know they'll be good