Author Topic: That nigga Ice cube sells 22, 000 in first week ( or should I say , WEAK ? )  (Read 2579 times)

dameons

Ice Cube's first album in two years received a Top 25 debut. The controversially-titled I Am The West, debuted at #22. Released through Cube's own Lench Mob Records, the aggressive collection of songs featured fellow west coast pioneer WC, as well as veteran Jayo Felony and Cube's son, OMG. I Am The West featured a reunion with 24-year production partner Sir Jinx, as well as iTunes bonus tracks produced by E-A-Ski and DJ Quik.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Its a grower...
A shame kids don't like to go to the store anymore.
Back in the day it was bragging rights to whoever had the new shit!

Anyway, I scooped mine.

BigNeckBone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Drama means nothing, it's part of tha game
I expected Cube to sell a bit more in his first week, despite the decreasing sale numbers of musicians.
I have no regrets of buying this album. Hopefully next weeks he will gain some more numbers.
<a href="http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://gifmaker.me/PlayGIFAnimation.php?folder=2014022200kVp8nskXeGtIEO10TEVk7U&amp;file=output_XhDD0f.gif</a>

OG Hack Wilson

LMAO   THIS NIGGA CANT EVEN OUTSELL SLAUGHTERHOUSE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

dameons

Album had 4 very good cuts on it , but the rest was either too southern sounding,  or just average at best . He went cheap on the costs. Guest appearances were mainly people from his own label , or his kids. Producers were a bunch of rookies who are cheap sounding beat makers.

PLANT

There was more of a buzz right around the time he dropped "I Rep That West"......think he waited to long to drop the album IMO and the buzz died down

Triple OG Rapsodie

Not surprising at all. There was no big single to push it like his other recent albums, and a lot of the long-time Cube fans were disappointed in the quality.

Stan

Not surprising at all. There was no big single to push it like his other recent albums, and a lot of the long-time Cube fans were disappointed in the quality.
Yup, prolly review it at a 2.5 or 3 out of 5 on a good day.  I went on Itunes last week but couldn't find it.  Is it up yet, well in Canada at least?  I'll buy a few of the good songs.

Blasphemy

Yup, prolly review it at a 2.5 or 3 out of 5 on a good day.  I went on Itunes last week but couldn't find it.  Is it up yet, well in Canada at least?  I'll buy a few of the good songs.

Apparently you have to buy the entire album, and not a track via track. That's what I heard, I didn't purchase it off Itunes (I got the tracks 4 free).

Triple OG Rapsodie

Apparently you have to buy the entire album, and not a track via track. That's what I heard, I didn't purchase it off Itunes (I got the tracks 4 free).

You can buy individual songs off of itunes. Its the "bonus tracks" that come as part of a package if you buy the whole album.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Artists need to stick with their strengths.  What's Ice Cube better at than almost everybody else?  Political substance.  If he turns his back on that and makes an average album that any other artist could have made, what's the incentive to buy his album?  Hence, low sales numbers.  Cube, please go back to doing what makes you unique and special as an artist rather than just run of the mill.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 05:37:19 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Cube should just retire from rapping already
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Triple OG Rapsodie

Artists need to stick with their strengths.  What's Ice Cube better at than almost everybody else?  Political substance.  If he makes an average album that any other artist could have made, what's the incentive to buy his album?  Hence, low sales numbers.  Cube, please go back to doing what makes you unique and special as an artist rather than just run of the mill.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I remember talking about Ice Cube's relevancy compared to Slaughterhouse & people we're telling me I was buggin' lol.

What up, Hack? 8)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

of course, he didnt sell. peopel arent buyin physical albums anymore..
it's not 1998
thought, that was obvious