Author Topic: That nigga Ice cube sells 22, 000 in first week ( or should I say , WEAK ? )  (Read 2529 times)

papa-smurf

damn those are great numbers 4 cube.he 100% independent.and cube album isnt weak,it just got a couple of weak tracks.but what album out that dont have a couple of weak tracks.
comgrats 2 cube

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
No, no, no, I don't want to hear that lol. I always hear that "'this' artist doesn't sell"; Cube just flopped.
so if a movie-company decided to release a movie on VHS in the year of 2010 - and it didnt sell - that would because they "flopped".
people stopped buying hardcopy-albums, when rapidshare and filestube were invented.
u can only sell albums, if u are a larger-than-life artst (like Eminem), or if ur fanbase is in their 40-50's..
Cube's soundscan-digits can be rightfully defended on this one.

LOL, Cube's fanbase is all in their 40's & 50's & apparently they didn't cop this.

& all I'm saying is Slaughterhouse sold more copies. I know record sales are down & I know Slaughterhouse sold shit too. But you would think someone "more relevant" would sell more hardcopies.

again that comes with promo. And Cham you are the homie, but seriously bro u need to attend a Cube concert. All ages are there, not just 40 and 50 year olds. Granted this is only 1 week. I would be interested to see if SH's album, to no fault of their own, even cracked 100k and what this album ends up at.

I know Cube doesn't only have 40-50 year old fans. But if anyone in rap has them, Cube does.

The guy said "40-50 year olds only buy albums", but that's ridiculous considering the only rappers that sell are Eminem, Jay-Z, Drake, Lil' Wayne & Kanye, all who have a high majority of younger fans.

But you are right, I do need to attend a Cube concert. :P 8)

dameons

4 dope tracks on it.I wish he would have done better. He has put major work in and is the only one who can do it like we used to out here..But , he shouldn't have made the same mistake twice.This album , and Raw Footage = too much southern influence . He is a classic artist for us on the westcoast , WE NEED HIM , PERIOD .He better not quit after this disappointment . He has the best lyrics on our coast

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
No, no, no, I don't want to hear that lol. I always hear that "'this' artist doesn't sell"; Cube just flopped.
so if a movie-company decided to release a movie on VHS in the year of 2010 - and it didnt sell - that would because they "flopped".
people stopped buying hardcopy-albums, when rapidshare and filestube were invented.
u can only sell albums, if u are a larger-than-life artst (like Eminem), or if ur fanbase is in their 40-50's..
Cube's soundscan-digits can be rightfully defended on this one.

LOL, Cube's fanbase is all in their 40's & 50's & apparently they didn't cop this.

& all I'm saying is Slaughterhouse sold more copies. I know record sales are down & I know Slaughterhouse sold shit too. But you would think someone "more relevant" would sell more hardcopies.

again that comes with promo. And Cham you are the homie, but seriously bro u need to attend a Cube concert. All ages are there, not just 40 and 50 year olds. Granted this is only 1 week. I would be interested to see if SH's album, to no fault of their own, even cracked 100k and what this album ends up at.

I know Cube doesn't only have 40-50 year old fans. But if anyone in rap has them, Cube does.

The guy said "40-50 year olds only buy albums", but that's ridiculous considering the only rappers that sell are Eminem, Jay-Z, Drake, Lil' Wayne & Kanye, all who have a high majority of younger fans.

But you are right, I do need to attend a Cube concert. :P 8)

Longevity in the game.  ;) Hell my uncle is in his 40's and loves Crooked I and Joell Ortiz

Triple OG Rapsodie

I remember talking about Ice Cube's relevancy compared to Slaughterhouse & people we're telling me I was buggin' lol.

What up, Hack? 8)

I remember this discussion was a year ago when Cube's last album had actually been decent and sold several hundred thousand copies. Regardless, this album still sold more in its first week than the Slaughterhouse album did. I think its still no question that Cube is more relevant, and obviously he was even more relevant a year ago when he was still moving units. He sold more with a mediocre album than Slaughterhouse did with a good album. Slaughterhouse only sold 18k its first week, an album which was released over a year ago ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:42:13 PM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

Triple OG Rapsodie

all I'm saying is Slaughterhouse sold more copies.

no they didn't

Triple OG Rapsodie

I remember talking about Ice Cube's relevancy compared to Slaughterhouse & people we're telling me I was buggin' lol.

What up, Hack? 8)

I remember this discussion was a year ago when Cube's last album had actually been decent and sold several hundred thousand copies. Regardless, this album still sold more in its first week than the Slaughterhouse album did. I think its still no question that Cube is more relevant. He sold more with a mediocre album than Slaughterhouse did with a good album. Slaughterhouse only sold 18k its first week, an album which was released over a year ago ;)

slaughterhouse album had "sound off", "microphone", "cuckoo", "onslaught 2", "salute me", "raindrops" and "cut you loose"

songs that are better than anything off the new Cube cd

did you read anything i said?

OG Hack Wilson

What up, Hack? 8)

I remember this discussion was a year ago when Cube's last album had actually been decent and sold several hundred thousand copies. Regardless, this album still sold more in its first week than the Slaughterhouse album did. I think its still no question that Cube is more relevant. He sold more with a mediocre album than Slaughterhouse did with a good album. Slaughterhouse only sold 18k its first week, an album which was released over a year ago ;)

slaughterhouse album had "sound off", "microphone", "cuckoo", "onslaught 2", "salute me", "raindrops" and "cut you loose"

yes but i misread it    which happens when im buzzed and focusing on the Yankees playoff game

Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Triple OG Rapsodie

What up, Hack? 8)

yes but i misread it    which happens when im buzzed and focusing on the Yankees playoff game

lol, ok. Even though I disagree with that statement, the Slaughterhouse debut was a much better album than I Am the West.

OG Hack Wilson

the good thing about cubes crappy new album is it makes me appreciate death certificate even more
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Blasphemy

if someone was 15 when NWA came out they'd be 37 now

damnnn

lol I'm 19 now I feel weird.

Also yeah Slaughter House> I Am The West, The Production and Lyricism was all on point. However I Am The West Sold more in it's first weak. Not surprising, I Am The West had a southern Single (She Couldn't Make it) to help push the albums radio play. Basically I Am The West was the Banger that got the buzz started huge, Drink The Kool Aid was the Controversy to have people look towards the albums direction, and The Southern Inspired single (while hated on here, is loved by the mainstream radios) is what helped the album keep it's mainstream buzz.

Still it's sad he didn't go all out on this. For a Period after Drink The Kool-Aid everything essentially went dead. I mean during the first single drop he had been promoting 3 things left and right (Straight Outta L.A., Are We There Yet TV Series, The Album).

anyways not surprised he out sold slaughter house album in it's first week.  Ice Cube is more well known then Slaughter House just for the work he did on the west alone.

Either way, I still can't wait for Slaughter Houses second LP or for WCs/Young Maylays album.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:10:06 PM by Blasphemy »

doggfather

It isn't bad numbers for an independent record. IMO.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

if someone was 15 when NWA came out they'd be 37 now

damnnn

lol I'm 19 now I feel weird.

Also yeah Slaughter House> I Am The West, The Production and Lyricism was all on point. However I Am The West Sold more in it's first weak. Not surprising, I Am The West had a southern Single (She Couldn't Make it) to help push the albums radio play. Basically I Am The West was the Banger that got the buzz started huge, Drink The Kool Aid was the Controversy to have people look towards the albums direction, and The Southern Inspired single (while hated on here, is loved by the mainstream radios) is what helped the album keep it's mainstream buzz.

lol, lets not pretend like any of the singles gave the album much buzz. Did you hear any of those songs on the radio? She Couldn't Make It on Her Own did jack for the album
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:38:00 PM by rapsodie sees the groupie in you »

West Coast Veteran

What up, Hack? 8)

I AM THE WEST first week sales 22,000
Slaughterhouse first week sales 18,000 http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=55141

???

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
people suck- BUY ALBUMS- music is gonna be ruined worse than it is if it keeps up