Author Topic: That nigga Ice cube sells 22, 000 in first week ( or should I say , WEAK ? )  (Read 2533 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
and The Southern Inspired single (while hated on here, is loved by the mainstream radios) is what helped the album keep it's mainstream buzz.
actually, cube stated that he didn't get radio play, because he's not on a major label, so...

Mietek23

Not suprised at all - it's the worst solo album Cube ever recorded so how can he expect his loyal fans going to buy it? I'm a fan myself buy I ain't going to spend 15 bucks on album that only has 7 good tracks on it..

felipebtu

cube.. back to the movies

raw footage is much better, 'im the west sell 22k why sounds like south album

cube needed west coast sound , not dirty south

this album is I AM THE ATL, OR I AM ST LOUIS, OR A I'AM TEXAS

hauhuauha

Triple OG Rapsodie

people suck- BUY ALBUMS- music is gonna be ruined worse than it is if it keeps up

BUY GOOD ALBUMS

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
people suck- BUY ALBUMS- music is gonna be ruined worse than it is if it keeps up
not if labels & artists give up their fight against downloading.

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
22,000 independent is not bad..! Congrats Cube still doin it..The faithful fans still got u..
Flixx

darqawa

• 'G'
I agree that this was a terrible effort on Cube's part.  I only keep 5 tracks in rotation.  5 out of 16 (18 itunes bonus tracks) is not a good album, period.  I was bangin Young Maylay's The Real Coast Guard last night, thats a West Coast album.  That shit bangs from beginning to end.  The title led everyone to think it was going to be a West Coast instant classic.  Big let down, plain and simple.  KAM needs to release SELF & KIND already, DAMN!    8)

I am a loyal fan but garbage is garbage.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
So let me play devils advocate for a sec. If the album did say the same numbers as Wayne's new album, would your opinion on it change? Keep it 100 too people  ;D

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
what some of you fail to realize is that cube stated a few times recently he does not give a fuck about how many it sold, its for the hardcore cube fans...hes doin it for fun now...let the man have his fun...i think he deserves it..

anyway for a 2010 album, independent on top of that, 22k is good...lets give him the minimum 5$ (even though he prolly got more)..dude just caked up on over 100k in his pocket...this album didnt cost him shit...
look at one of the dopest tracks on the album..life in california...wc didnt cost him nothin, prolly jumped on for his dude like that...jynx prolly was happy just to be doin somethin...jayo = sherm stick....and domino = a rock....

Blasphemy

So let me play devils advocate for a sec. If the album did say the same numbers as Wayne's new album, would your opinion on it change? Keep it 100 too people  ;D

How much did waynes album sell? (I don't keep track with him). Either way it's already been talked about various times that sells don't mean shit when it comes to Quality, nor even reviews now. Course I wouldn't doubt it that if he sold much higher people would be playing it with more rotation because some people just want to listen to music that's consider "popular" instead of actually listening to it for enjoyment. :/

The quality of music being released, makes me looks towards Mixtapes more and more for better work, because the Mixtape isn't usually designed 4 the Radio, it's there 4 fans or whatever.

Either way
and The Southern Inspired single (while hated on here, is loved by the mainstream radios) is what helped the album keep it's mainstream buzz.
actually, cube stated that he didn't get radio play, because he's not on a major label, so...
Yeah, but the track is built 4 mainstream fans, even if he doesn't get Radio play the likely hood of She Couldn't Make it being heard more and DLed more buy mainstream fans wouldn't amaze me. I mean With the poor promotion that happened near the release date, I wouldn't be amazed if Ice Cube only sold Units just because of his Name alone.

Also 2 J-Funkion, yeah he did the album for fun, except the difference is he constantly promoted the album as being Straight West Coast G-Shit. He said it himself he can't help it, he made a gigantic Chin Check on the west 4 going pop and mainstream and abandoning there roots. Everything he said was on Point, and apparently this Album was suppose to back it up.

So I'm not amazed if the album is getting shat on for Merit alone. Personally with those south songs, it's made him a slight exercise in hypocrisy and that's just keeping it real. I like the album, (Even the weak joints, however if ur asking a review i'd still rip that shit apart).

All I'm waiting 4 now is Young Maylays new album & WCs. If WCs is anything like Guilty by Affiliation I'd be happy. 8)

BiggBoogaBiff

why iz everybody making excuses, it sold 22,000 so what

Blood$

22K is good numbers especially in 2010

Cube sold the most out the West this year behind E-40

darqawa

• 'G'
Anyone think CUBE finna jump on an interview to defend this album once he gets wind that many ain't feelin it as a strictly WEST COAST album?

dammaged7

• 'G'
Who cares if it sold 1 million or 1 copy!!!!! Cube aint starving, he's still a rich person!!!!!Of course he wants to get paid, but it aint like he has to sell his house if his shit dont sell!!!

why do people give a damn....if u like it great, if not, then thats fair!!
I like Black women...if 9/10 other people  dont, fcuk it, it aint gonna stop me!!!!!i'mma still enjoy it!!!

music is made for people to listen to, if you dont like it, dont listen to it, if you do then so be it!!!!
I'm a big Cube fan, but i aint gonna lose any sleep if his shit dont sell!!!!!
Jusy be fortunate you were around to listen to cube throughout the years!!!!! i know i am!!!!
as for She couldnt make iton her own, I been blasting that everywhere i go now, im loving it!!!!!!Album has grown on me, apart from the wack songs, the aveeage songs are starting to sound better!!!!!!!

ANYWAY, WE DONT NEED RECORD SALES TO JUDGE AN ALBUM....THANKFULLY WE HAVE OUR OWN EARS AND MINDS TO DECIDE IF WE LIKE IT OR NOT!!!
yeah, i admit its not his best stuff, but fcuk it, it aint gonna stop me buying his next album..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
If I had a dollar for everytime I saw somebody say something bad about an artist for selling under 30K, I'd be a millionaire.

Then people have the audacity to ask me why I think people are biased to the 90's lol.

"Damn, 22K? That's mad good."

"Who cares?"

Jokes, fellas, jokes.