Author Topic: That nigga Ice cube sells 22, 000 in first week ( or should I say , WEAK ? )  (Read 2527 times)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.12585/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-10-10-2010

Ice Cube's first album in two years fell to #54. The controversially-titled I Am The West, debuted 32 places higher last week, though it now cleared the 30,000 overall mark. Released through Cube's own Lench Mob Records, the aggressive collection of songs featured fellow west coast pioneer WC, as well as veteran Jayo Felony and Cube's son, OMG. I Am The West featured a reunion with 24-year production partner Sir Jinx, as well as iTunes bonus tracks produced by E-A-Ski and DJ Quik

Ice Cube - I Am The West
2nd week position: 54  
2nd week sales: 8,400
total sales 31,000

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:33:45 AM by ironmike »

The_Offence

cube been DONE you niggaz on here are the only ones still checking for dis nigga. he's done , its wrap,  move on

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
hate to say it, the tracks for the most part were incredibly weak.  Beat selection was terrible.  It did have a few good tracks though.
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

westside159

All I gotta say is: Cube is outdated.

He isnt outdated he just made a weak album ,  Laugh Now , Cry Later was dope and it came out a few years ago .

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
There was more of a buzz right around the time he dropped "I Rep That West"......think he waited to long to drop the album IMO and the buzz died down

Exactly what happened then he released some weak singles after

midwestryder

LMAO   THIS NIGGA CANT EVEN OUTSELL SLAUGHTERHOUSE HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
but he still made more money off this album then slaughterhouse did on there album

midwestryder

All I'm saying is, when some artists into today's game don't sell, people jump all over them for it.

I specifically remember people saying Ultimate Victory wasn't good & one of it's reasons was because it didn't sell lol. Same goes for Joe Budden's Padded Room & the Slaughterhouse album. I recall somebody saying it for Jay Rock & Bishop Lamont too. "Oh those guys will never sell".

Now Ice Cube drops an album, does awful. A hundred-thousand copies worse than his last album & people are acting like "Oh, no big deal, it's Cube. Cube is the man. Doesn't matter what he does".

& I've always had a thing where I feel that people just defend 90's artists for the fact that most of you grew up on it & feel some type of loyalty to it. & loyalty is a form of bias.

I'm not saying Cube didn't sell because the album sucks. I'm not denying the fact that he had little to absolutely no promotion. It was set-up to do poor numbers regardless of how good the content was. It's just, people are playing it off like it's "not a big deal" & some people even said those are "good numbers". Where I know for a fact if this was a Game album or Ya Boy or J. Cole & sold 22K copies, people would like "God damn, that's terrible". But Cube gets some legends pass & it disgusts me.
he gets a pass because he earned unlike game,ya boy  ,& j.cole who are not O.g.s in this rap game . ieverybody you names who don't get a pass does not deserve a pass because the never earned it yet like ice cube . being a o.g or veteran gives that right because they put in the work & time.  it sounds like you are jealous that favorite artist does not get the same treatment but your favorite artist has not earned it like ice cube. they are good numbers for an independent album with not promotion really at all.

dameons

" No Country for Young Men " was a very good track ..

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!

He isnt outdated he just made a weak album ,  Laugh Now , Cry Later was dope and it came out a few years ago .
I never felt his laugh now album. The last album that I actually felt was his peace album. Ice cube is just following some homo ass music trend.
Maybe that album is cool to you, but the cube that I once knew is someone who rapped over g funk shit. example, let it reign.
Also, I'm tired of his I'm the shit attitude.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Triple OG Rapsodie

I never felt his laugh now album. The last album that I actually felt was his peace album. Ice cube is just following some homo ass music trend.
Maybe that album is cool to you, but the cube that I once knew is someone who rapped over g funk shit. example, let it reign.
Also, I'm tired of his I'm the shit attitude.

noooooooot. Lol he didn't even touch g funk til his 4th album.

Anonymous.

• 'G'
raekwon is old but he put out a quality album that appeals to his fanbase not the mainstream and that sold well...........cube is a big name that coulda done the same but this shit had alot of garbage thats why even his stans didnt buy it

i
Our Detox who Flop in heaven,
overrated be thy name,
thy wackness come,
thy will be done,
in Cali as it is in Europe,
give us this day our early leaks,
and forgive us our bootleggers,
for we promote those who bootleg the wankstas,
and lead us not into some gay shit,
but deliver us from wiggers,
Amen.

darqawa

• 'G'
At the end of the day, some people was feelin the album, others were not.  None can say this was a tight album from beginning to end.  Many skips on this album.  1 or 2 tight tracks, does not make a classic. 8)

Do Dirty

• Muthafuckin' OG
Ice Cube still doing better than your fav. rapper (unless your fav rapper is Cube). He keeps his money being indie. There's no label taking 10% from his shows, from his promo's. Every week, the anthem played for Prime Time on NFL Network, is Ice Cube. There's no label taking 50% from that. Cube gets paid more from 22k than Rick Ross gets from 200K
"You got problems with the punk police, don't run from the chumps get the pump from me"