Author Topic: Favorite Christmas Song  (Read 443 times)

Trauma-san

Favorite Christmas Song
« on: December 20, 2002, 12:54:28 AM »
My favorite thing about christmas is the christmas songs.  My all time favorite christmas song is that one that goes

"Just hear those sleigh bells ringing, they're ring-ting-tinging alonnnnnnnggg, it's such lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with youuuuu"

Or something like that.  That song is GANGSTA

As far as religious christmas songs, I like a lot of them, but my favorite has got to be the First Noel.  Whoever wrote that was a genius...

The First, Noel, the angels did say, was to certain poor shephards in fields as they lay"

It's just so descriptive, and it's very original in how they describe it.  Instead of describing the room christ was born in, and being there in the room with him, they were describing the lonely shepards the angels visited, and how you're hearing about the birth, instead of seeing it, which is how it is now, we can't see the birth, but we hear about it.  

do yall have a favorite Christmas song?  I know a lot of yall aren't christian, but do you get anything out of the religious songs around this time of year? I think Jesus was a noble guy, even if you don't believe he was the son of god, everybody should celebrate his birth, he's had a huge influence on good in the world.  

HBKid_Jr

Re:Favorite Christmas Song
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 08:32:44 AM »
its christmas time in hollis queens,  mom's cooking chicken an cali greens

Pillow

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 10:46:39 AM »
"Just hear those sleigh bells ringing, they're ring-ting-tinging alonnnnnnnggg, it's such lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with youuuuu"
yea, that was always one of my favorites.

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 11:16:25 AM »
OFTB "Christmas In The Ghetto"  I can really relate to this song.

lol.  I have a favorite christmas song, but i don't know what it's called.  Little Drummer Boy is my 2nd favorite.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 11:26:06 PM »
What about Hannukah song?

"Oh dreidle dreidle dreidle, I made it out of clayyyy"...

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 11:30:17 PM »
Ironically, something about all of those jewish words makes me go "urgh".  I think it's because so many jewish comedians have tried to make crappy jokes with them. Like when I hear the word Dreidle, I think of John Stewart.  Or Seinfeld.  

Sannnnnnnnaaa Clauzzzzz, Iz Comin' straight to tha ghetttooooooooooo

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 11:42:48 PM »
Dreidle is an ill word muthafucka!

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 11:51:09 PM »
"Urgh"  (I just thought of billy crystal).

Why do jewish comedians disrespect themselves so much? They're the only ones that laugh.  They make all these 'rich jew' jokes, and make all these jokes with words, that I don't even know what mean.  

closetothalimit

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2002, 02:45:03 AM »
my favorite christmas song is Smashing Pumpkins - Christmastime - it captures the feeling of a modern christmas

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2002, 06:47:46 AM »
Hmmmm, I'll have to get that one, I haven't heard it.

I also of course love

"Merry Xmas (War is Over)" by John Lennon (it's usually one of the 10 most played christmas songs every year)

and

"Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney.  The song so cool, De La Soul sampled it.  

Instant_Killa

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2002, 02:56:21 PM »
theres this lovely tune on my casio, its called LAst Christmas, has anyone heard of it? its really famous

peace

Murrow

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2002, 09:03:20 AM »
"Little Drummer Boy"

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2002, 09:35:20 AM »
Oh Holy Night

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2002, 10:09:26 AM »
yeah, Oh Holy Night is nice.

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2002, 01:00:59 PM »
"The 12 Redneck Gifts of Christmas"...Shit's funny!!!

Other than that...I'd say "Rudolph The Red Nose Reigndeer"...everyone knows that one!