Author Topic: Lets Have It Out Now....  (Read 401 times)

S.G.V.

Lets Have It Out Now....
« on: December 20, 2002, 02:17:57 AM »
everyone wants to call outkast the greatest group out the south...but i got a list of people who will smash them A. lyrically and B. production wise...

Lyrically

U.G.K. - in no way could outkast see them...if u disagree tell me why...Bun B flips words better than most and Pimp C is could handle either of them...easily....
Paul Wall & Chamillion - true they dont have a lot of concepts yet...but theyre lyrically the best in the south..nobody is seeing theyre multis and metaphors...
Clipse - better word play...better metaphors...period
Eightball & MJG - still true players...better albums...MJG could take em both out...he flips shit sickly...and Ball is just too hard for em
E.S.G. & Slim Thug - one of the best freestylers out...with one of the hardest youngsters and best freestylers...cant be seen

Production

Lil Jon - they could never touch his beats...just look at his track record
DJ Paul & Juicy J - just look at their track record...untouchable
P.A. - way better beats for the players, plus they play live instruments
Pastor Troy - just peep his albums....
MJG - always been on point...some of the best beats in memph town

jeromechickenbone

Re:Lets Have It Out Now....
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 02:22:08 AM »
you don't need to prove your validity of southern rap knowledge by listing all these groups. i literally laughed out loud though when you said clipse were better than outkast. peace

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 02:27:19 AM »
I dont know dawg.. out of that list.. tha only group I agree with you on is UGK. And them fools are on tha same level... They even rapped together.. that song on tha Shaft soundtrack is coo'.

Maybe even 8ball & MJG cuz them fools been puttin it down for a while.  

I dont know S.G.V... You're tha homie and all but it seems like your just hatin on Outkast cuz their mainstream. And not just mainstream, but mainstream to tha point where everybody bumps their shit... even white boys rollin around in their mustangs... but fuck all that.. it's about tha music and if you really pay attention to Outkast, their beats and their messages in their raps.... man, their definatly some of tha best rappers ever. And to split them up.... that would be a shame cuz together they make one of tha best groups not only in Rap but in Music period. And it's true that Dre usually gets most Credit... and I think that's why you kinda hate on him too... kinda proves what I said about you not being down with tha band wagon.. as a matter of fact, you hate tha bandwagon.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 02:32:11 AM »
now correct me if i'm wrong but didn't 8ball and MJG put out an album called "space age 4eva" wasn't that a little too futuristic for your taste? or is it ok when they do it. granted, it was AFTER outkast.

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 02:37:00 AM »
you don't need to prove your validity of southern rap knowledge by listing all these groups. i literally laughed out loud though when you said clipse were better than outkast. peace
uh...yea i made that list just for u guy...ur the center of my world...so i had to prove to u that i know about the south  ::)...and u know damn well that the clipse are better emcees...just cuz theyre down with the neptunes people dislike em...but they could rip up outkast easily....

I dont know S.G.V... You're tha homie and all but it seems like your just hatin on Outkast cuz their mainstream. And not just mainstream, but mainstream to tha point where everybody bumps their shit... even white boys rollin around in their mustangs... but fuck all that.. it's about tha music and if you really pay attention to Outkast, their beats and their messages in their raps.... man, their definatly some of tha best rappers ever. And to split them up.... that would be a shame cuz together they make one of tha best groups not only in Rap but in Music period. And it's true that Dre usually gets most Credit... and I think that's why you kinda hate on him too... kinda proves what I said about you not being down with tha band wagon.. as a matter of fact, you hate tha bandwagon.
u cant say i hate mainstream cuz i bump Master P, Puffy Daddy, Cash Money, Noreaga, Fat Joe...those are some of the most commercial cats out...to me dre has no credibility no more...everyone hopped on his dick after eminem said he was a great mc...thats real...cuz 1 year ago...never once...NEVER ONCE...did i hear dres name come up in a poll, convo or anything of that matter when it came to emcees...NEVER...after that people tried to give him credit and shit...and that made me mad...i dont think they have more of a message than the next group...they still got the same baby mama drama, hoes, clothes & car mentality of so many out there....

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 02:38:46 AM »
Even Juicy J and Dj Paul... them fools are tight but they aint on Outkast's level. Especially lyrically... even though Dj Paul gets down sometimes. But most of their shit is straight thuggin... and that's cool but thats only gonna appeal to peeps that's down with that.

Lil Jon.. I hate that foo'... LOL... I hate tha way that muthafucker screams.. I hate when all them fools do that.. even 36 mafia be doing that and it kinda gets on my nerves. "IF YALL NIGGAZ AINT SCURRED THROW YOUR SETS! IF YALL NIGGAZ AINT SCURRED THROW YOUR SETS!"... dayum...

Pastory Troy is dope but still in a different category than Outkast.

Clipse.. to me them fools are just average rappers... their shit bumps though.

Paul Wall & Chamillion... nope.

Parental Advisory.. they're on some other shit but still... nope.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

S.G.V.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 02:38:53 AM »
now correct me if i'm wrong but didn't 8ball and MJG put out an album called "space age 4eva" wasn't that a little too futuristic for your taste? or is it ok when they do it. granted, it was AFTER outkast.
have u heard the album?...if u have then ull know that was just a title...theyve always been space age pimps...cuz they were ahead of their time...the beats and shit arent futuristic...

Even Juicy J and Dj Paul... them fools are tight but they aint on Outkast's level. Especially lyrically... even though Dj Paul gets down sometimes. But most of their shit is straight thuggin... and that's cool but thats only gonna appeal to peeps that's down with that.

Lil Jon.. I hate that foo'... LOL... I hate tha way that muthafucker screams.. I hate when all them fools do that.. even 36 mafia be doing that and it kinda gets on my nerves. "IF YALL NIGGAZ AINT SCURRED THROW YOUR SETS! IF YALL NIGGAZ AINT SCURRED THROW YOUR SETS!"... dayum...

Pastory Troy is dope but still in a different category than Outkast.

Clipse.. to me them fools are just average rappers... their shit bumps though.

Paul Wall & Chamillion... nope.

Parental Advisory.. they're on some other shit but still... nope.
i never said Paul n J could rap...i said they got better production...same with Lil Jon, Pastor Troy & P.A....their beats are way better than those of outkast...easily...and Paul Wall & Chamillion would murder outkast...at least in my book...be it freestyle or written
« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 02:41:33 AM by S.G.V. »

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 02:43:49 AM »
yeah well before you make more unaccurate presumptions, i bought clipse cd, as well as NERD. and i really like clipse. they make dope ass songs. saying they're better than outkast? thats one hell of a statement.

and i'm pretty sure you made that list just for me seeing as how the title of this thread was "Lets have it out now" and we've been going back and forth for a while.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2002, 02:44:04 AM »
Oh shit.. You do bump Birdman and P Diddy huh... What tha fucks wrong with you then dawg???

Naw j/f...

I see what you're sayin about Eminem.. Eminem dickriders are tha most annoying dickriders of all.. but still.. I was bumpin Outkast before Eminem was out so that shit dont really affect me.

And yeah.. they rap about bitches and money and all that but there's alot more in there music than just that.

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2002, 02:47:16 AM »
i got issues i guess...ive never disliked puffy daddy...hes always made good music and has never put on a front...anyway...its like this...when snoop switched from Doggfather to Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Told...everyone flipped...am i right?...he switched his whole style up...and thats what i felt...and still feel about Outkast...

Jome

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2002, 07:09:29 PM »
LoL @ Clipse being better than Outkast.
LoL @ etc.

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2002, 07:15:40 PM »
^^^im not callin the clipse the goats or nothin...but lyrically they are years ahead of outkast...theyll smash em...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2002, 09:06:35 PM »
LMFAO!!!! hahahaha!! ROFL!! *heart attack*

Man, you must be fuckin kidding me, right?! Please tell me your kidding homie, cuz I just came back from the thread where you considered yourself a Hip-Hop Head...Not to diss, but for real man, this is rediculous...First u say 2Pac is whack, than u say Clipse are better than Outkast, than U say you bump Birdman and P Diddy...OMG, please tell me this is a nightmare or something...hahaha, I seriously can't stop laughing dawg...You have a real weird taste man...Whatever though, I just find this extremely hillarious, I'm not trying to offend you or anything...PeACe

PS, I dont know what you're smoking, but Andre from Ourkast has ALWAY been consider a superb MC...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2002, 10:01:10 PM »
LMAO! whatever man April Fools Day is still months away

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2002, 10:13:05 PM »
Usually SGV your on point with hip hop and shit but saying Clipse is better is  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Lyrically Clipse is aight but Outkast is on another level. I love Outkast and I put them above all those peeps u mentioned, like someone said before, UGK is the only ones that can match em but everyone else is  ::) ::) ::)

I dont know, I respect your opinion though, I guess Iam gonna have to break out ATLiens and then listen to the clipse