Author Topic: Willie The Kid Interview  (Read 64 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Willie The Kid Interview
« on: October 08, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »
http://www.illuminati2g.com/williethekid.htm

I2G kicked it with the talented Willie The Kid for a exclusive interview. We discuss his new EP with Lee Bannon, Never A Dull Moment, on I-Tunes now, his thoughts on the state of hip hop and much more so check it out.

Illuminati 2G is here with Willie The Kid how's it going?

I'm chillin, Never A Dull Moment out now on I-Tunes right now. Make sure you go pick it up, what's happening?

Not too much. For those unfamiliar with your music, how did you and Lee Bannon come together for this EP?

Lee Bannon's manager is a good friend of mine, Dan Green. Clockwork Music, shouts out to them, he always would service me with beats, whether it be Lee, Statik Stalikah, Moss. I did some business with him in the past with a beat from one of his producers and after that then he sent more my way.

Lee Bannon was one of those guys and I was very impressed with his talent and the music he was creating. I used one of his beats on one of my mixtapes called The Fly and the record had acclaim. Alot of people liked it and we definitely wanted to do more work together. Lee came up with the idea for us to do a whole project together instead of scattering these records out.

We did a whole LP worth of music and just took the top 6 or 7 tracks and put that out to the masses.

What was the chemistry like with the two of you in the studio?

Bannon is a real good guy and he is a real student of the culture. We are both in tune with the people that came before us like Madlib, J Dilla, DJ Muggs, RZA, Havoc. For me the Nas', Jay-Z's, Wu-Tang Clan's and for the both of us we have a rich understanding of hip hop and we brought alot of that together with this project.

What are the fans and listeners in store for when they pick up the EP?

I am sure they are going to find some rich, cultural art in the project. The rhymes, flows, patterns, beats, it is just some pure, quality hip hop music. I think people are really going to take alot from the project.

Do you have any videos or singles set to drop from the EP?

Yeah we are doing a remix to one of the songs on the album. There will be a couple big name artists that the people know on the song. We are also going to do a video for Mi 40 Weighs A Ton.

What is next for you now that the EP is out? Are you working on a solo album or any other projects?

Mixtapes all the time. I got a mixtape coming out and Lee Bannon will be on this one as well and another producer by the name of Frank Dukes. Hosted by Don Cannon and that will be out at the end of this year. I have Fly 2 coming out and Never A Dull Moment the LP, we are in the process of tying down the business for that right now.

What's your thoughts right now on the state of hip hop?

I think hip hop is doing great. I think the producers are definitely keeping it alive as far as being versatile and bringing different styles and emotions to the game. I think the business is suffering, people are not becoming instantly rich off of hip hop like they used to, it is going back to the skills and talent and you are going to have to go out there and earn your fans. I think alot of people have been coming out and getting publicity and a look, but is the talent there.

I think the game is getting broken down to it's original form, to where you are getting paid for the work you put in. I am excited about that because I know I can prevail in that type of market. Lee Bannon as well, we have geniune talent. I am excited about the internet as well because it gives us a chance to cultivate our own fans and sound and reach people without any filters. I think it is a really good lane right now for people serious about making good music.

Do you have any upcoming shows or tour dates?

I got some shows in Ohio coming up soon, and I recently secured a deal with BET to be on the BET tour with J Cole, Miguel and Chrisette Michelle.

What is your website information and where people can pick up the EP at?

Google me, you can definitely catch me on all the blogs. www.twitter.com/thewilliethekid for all the updates and things as well.

Alright well that is all the questions I have for you, appreciate you getting down for the interview. Is there any last words or shoutouts you want to get out there to the people?

Support quality hip hop and get that Never A Dull Moment EP on I-Tunes right now. Go cop it.