Author Topic: [VIDEO] Pharrell calls GAME most underrated MC, has tracks with Dr. Dre & Premo  (Read 1090 times)

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The problems there are that the Dre beats will be the usual throwaway piano ones, and Primo beats need people who have really strong flows (Lady of Rage, KRS, Rakim) to make the most of them, otherwise they get kinda boring
that's not a bad thing

You mean because you wouldn't want to waste good Dre beats on Game? Or because even throwaway Dre beats are still better than most other beats?

I think both things are true, lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
The problems there are that the Dre beats will be the usual throwaway piano ones, and Primo beats need people who have really strong flows (Lady of Rage, KRS, Rakim) to make the most of them, otherwise they get kinda boring
that's not a bad thing

You mean because you wouldn't want to waste good Dre beats on Game? Or because even throwaway Dre beats are still better than most other beats?

I think both things are true, lol
2nd option.

as long as game doesn't imitate rick ross

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Interesting to hear. Can't lie, this album has been pushed back for almost a year now, but i'm hella hyped for some new Game.

That premo track got me intrigued, as well as that track called ''Ricky'' produced by Khalil, and of course, the Dre reunion tracks :)

that's not a bad thing

Yes. For example, the Raekwon beats were bumpable !

Stan

Yes. For example, the Raekwon beats were bumpable !
More than bumpable, those songs were sic.  They didn't really fit the flow of the album properly but I think Dre it work.  Also Dre is a producer, not just a beat maker, so I don't think he releases anything that is "throw away."  He believes in everything that comes out with his name on it.

That Catalina track with Lyfe Jennings was classy gangsta shit, like some Scarface or American Gangster shit.  Could definitely be in a gangster movie.  Also people complain a lot about Dre's new style (not new new Under Pressure).  He uses a tonne of dark piano riffs.  Ultimate Pianist can you help me out on this one?

I mean, Imagine, from Blu Carpet Treatment was pretty relaxed.  Also I remember Higher from Game's first album.  I'm not huge fan but it was okay.

You'll Never Walk Alone

• Muthafuckin' OG
Lookin forward to some new game. Hopefully red get released In the next six months but games bin quiet since brake lights dropped.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Pharrell is a terrible producer. And only a fucking dumbass could ever believe the GAME is under-rated. The Game sucks.

felipebtu

LIAR , LIAR

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I get what your saying ! He simply stopped using simple major ( happy sounding) chords, and used minor (sad/serious sounding) along with better chord progressions (using many different chords instead of sticking to the basic 2 chord format used by many) from minor to diminshed 7th chords etc... (not really necessary, im just saying, since you asked :p.)

More than bumpable, those songs were sic.  They didn't really fit the flow of the album properly but I think Dre it work.  Also Dre is a producer, not just a beat maker, so I don't think he releases anything that is "throw away."  He believes in everything that comes out with his name on it.

That Catalina track with Lyfe Jennings was classy gangsta shit, like some Scarface or American Gangster shit.  Could definitely be in a gangster movie.  Also people complain a lot about Dre's new style (not new new Under Pressure).  He uses a tonne of dark piano riffs.  Ultimate Pianist can you help me out on this one?

I mean, Imagine, from Blu Carpet Treatment was pretty relaxed.  Also I remember Higher from Game's first album.  I'm not huge fan but it was okay.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Funny, considering Game is one of the more overrated rappers lol.

Blasphemy

LOL how the hell someone can be underrated if they sold 5 millions with his 1st debut album?

Crooked I,Bishop,YaBoy,Eastwood are Underrated mc´s.
In your eyes Crooked I is the all time selling, Multi-Album, Plat selling rapper who could bring down a Dynasty.

KURUPTION-81

Pharell is bound to say that as he has produced tracks for red, gotta get that money !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson