Author Topic: The Frech are some Ignorant & Selfish Bitches  (Read 602 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: The Frech are some Ignorant & Selfish Bitches
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 04:59:53 PM »
You haven't even held a job yet, how can you be telling people to stop complaining? Basically what I'm saying is that you can't possibly know whether you'll be prepared to work at 65. You will have a completely different perspective once most of your life is over and all you look forward to is retirement.

Matty

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »
there's a wider historical perspective (that i don't really know too much about) that goes a long way to explaining why the french the government is somewhat less likely to trample on top of people's rights like in most places. the current rioting, pushing back against increasingly opressive government policies, is a good example of why this continues to be the case. and by measurable statistics, france actually has the highest quality of life of all developed nations - both the highest productivity and shortest average working week in hours.

Anunikke

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 12:17:59 AM »
You haven't even held a job yet, how can you be telling people to stop complaining? Basically what I'm saying is that you can't possibly know whether you'll be prepared to work at 65. You will have a completely different perspective once most of your life is over and all you look forward to is retirement.
By prepared I mean I'll hate my job more then any one else but I am prepared because it's a necessary step.

And I should mention that most of these bitches retire at 60 since the law allows them to retire 5 years early.

I got news for you, at 60 a lot of people are debilitated from working a strenuous job.
The likelihood is you won't be in a fit enough state to carry on working past 65, let alone 75!
You will be fitter at 65 now than when the laws were introduced.

But you do realize that there are much more older people now in western country (Not US) which means more people who have to live on tax money when they're is already a deficit.
So how are they going to pay all the retired people if they're numbers keep increasing?
An obvious solution would givng them less money, which makes for a shitty retirement.

I'm actually being perfectly objective here.

If they can solve this by allowing employers to build up some money for their employees I would agree but Long Term even that wouldn't be enough.

Knett

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 02:20:27 PM »
Frankly, I'm jealous of the french.
They start riots when they have to work 'til they're 62, but in the Netherlands they're going to want you to work until 67?
I'd like to see the difference in amount of taxes a Dutch and French man pays, because if I have to work 5 years longer than the average European, I'd better get some tax breaks!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/583-R_7V1iU</a>