Author Topic: Stephen Hawking says the universe created itself  (Read 1287 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Stephen Hawking says the universe created itself
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 06:39:39 PM »
If He exists outside time and space, as we know it, how does he have to be created? How do we know there isn't somethang bigger than Space?? 

So.....if you don't feel its necessary for this god to be created by something, then why do you think its necessary for the universe to be created by something? My point being, you feel so compelled to come up a creator, but you completely ignore the creation of the creator. It seems a waste of time because you aren't really answering the question of how things came to be.

You laugh at the idea that the universe created itself. But now you're saying that God created itself? Just replace God with Universe and you'd be saying the same thing.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 07:00:49 PM »
How is saying the Universe created itself any different then saying God created the Universe? They are both "something out of nothing" theories.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 07:01:23 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mlnXRoCn7Lk?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mlnXRoCn7Lk?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »
Nobody knows how this thing started, but it's very easy to put god in when you don't know the answer. This is what every religious moron does when they don't understand something.
How ironic... Again. Science does the same exact shit.
The difference between a person of faith and your modern day scientist has to do with their perspective. Most scientists don't rule out god, but people of faith never rule out god. After all, they don't wanna go against their faith. Their main focus is always on god and therefore it becomes their main theory when dealing with things they don't understand. This is why faith prevents people from having a broad perspecitve and that is why there is less room for improvement. So please don't compare scientific theories (which is plural) to the single theory of god you fucking idiot. Science does not fall into the same trap. When scientists don't know the answer, they use millions of theories with valid evidence behind most of them. You have one single theory that you cling on like a cocksucker and not only is there NO EVIDENCE to give it a little weight, but there's NO EVIDENCE to prove god's existence either. NONE! You call that a valid theory? It wouldn't hold up in bullshit court. Yes I know you've taken issue with my namecalling, but it's very hard to hold back when you're dealing with this level of stupidity. I hope you as a Christian man will forgive me for that.

I don't know how you come to these solid conclusions that modern day science experiments and theorys somehow lessens evidence of a God. I have no fuckin idea how people do that.
First of all there is no evidence of a god, but I will definitely let you know as soon as they discover something. Have faith.

And you are puttin' faith into people conducting the experiments. Okay, how does that differ anymore from a belief like mines? How? It doesn't and ya'll know it .
I hope for your sake you will one day figure out the difference between the material world and the spirit world.

If He exists outside time and space, as we know it, how does he have to be created? How do we know there isn't somethang bigger than Space?? 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm gonna answer this one after I have some shots first.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 07:08:44 PM »
How is saying the Universe created itself any different then saying God created the Universe? They are both "something out of nothing" theories.

I want an Atheistic response to this.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »

yeah I fail to see how everything in existance just appeared out of nowhere

matter don't create itself
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
So please don't compare scientific theories (which is plural) to the single theory of god you fucking idiot.
:banana:

When scientists don't know the answer, they use millions of theories with valid evidence behind most of them.
And it is ever-changing. So you are basing beliefs on somethang that could be proved wrong by another theory tomorrow.

I don't know how you come to these solid conclusions that modern day science experiments and theorys somehow lessens evidence of a God. I have no fuckin idea how people do that.
First of all there is no evidence of a god, but I will definitely let you know as soon as they discover something. Have faith.
No shit Sherlock, so it does not LESSEN evidence of a God.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 07:26:01 PM »

For one. It's a scientific theory. There is actually a difference between that and a theory that centers largely around the spirit world.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2010, 07:26:48 PM »

yeah I fail to see how everything in existance just appeared out of nowhere

matter don't create itself

As if The Big Bang Theory isn't coincidental enough, they also gotta say the effect it had, 80 foot tall Dinosaurs, oh and than, US, is all by mere chance.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2010, 07:51:26 PM »

For one. It's a scientific theory. There is actually a difference between that and a theory that centers largely around the spirit world.
Scientific or spiritual, they are both theories with little evidence. And were is Hawking's evidence that the Universe created itself? It seems more like philosophy and rationalizing to me.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 07:54:46 PM »
When scientists don't know the answer, they use millions of theories with valid evidence behind most of them.
And it is ever-changing. So you are basing beliefs on somethang that could be proved wrong by another theory tomorrow.
Yes I am lol, but not all theories can be ever changing. We are talking about theories right? You do know what a theory is? Let me try and put this in the most simplest way possible. Theories can not tell you for certain how something got started and that is why they can't give you solid answers. Every time a scientist presents a theory, he is not saying, 'I know the answer'. He's saying 'This could be the answer'. So he's also saying 'I DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER'. Unlike you I have a very broad perspective and I don't limit my questions. Idiot.

No shit Sherlock, so it does not LESSEN evidence of a God.
You implied there was evidence. Glad you admit there's no evidence. This is progress.

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 07:57:25 PM »

Scientific or spiritual, they are both theories with little evidence. And were is Hawking's evidence that the Universe created itself? It seems more like philosophy and rationalizing to me.

There is also a difference between evidence and no evidence.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 07:59:03 PM »

There's also a difference between left and right. What's your point?

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2010, 08:03:50 PM »

You really think that someone of Hawking's stature would present a theory based on mere belief? With god, you got nothing but mere belief.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »

You really think that someone of Hawking's stature would present a theory based on mere belief? With god, you got nothing but mere belief.
We'd have to wait for Hawking's book to come out before that can be determined, but from what has been revealed from the book so far, that's all it seems to be. And God is not just mere belief. The concept of God at it's most basic label is just that the physical world as a beginning and end. Therefore something outside of the physical must be responsible for it. From that you get hundreds of religions, sects, and cults.